Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
nVidia Shield K1 vs iPad Mini 4
2064 3 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budfroggy
lvl.1
United States

Good Evening All.

Just a quick topic for debate, between the K1 and the Mini 4.  Which do people prefer more and why?  It seems as if DJI is more sided towards iOS than Android and each tablet has their own ups and downs, but it just seems that DJI is lacking support for Android OS and i keep reading that people are having to rollback to Marshmallow to have less software issues with GO4.  I like the mini cause it will actually fit in the arms of the RC and a little more of a powerhouse but however i like the K1 cause of the HDMI out and i am a Android "Fanboy" and its half the price and more end use.  People who are using the K1, which mount are you using?  IF i decided to go with the K1 I would want a mount that doesn't obstruct the screen of the RC.  I'd hate to pay 400.00 for the mini just cause it fits in the arms of the RC and would need more of a selling point.

Thanks for your input!

2017-3-17
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

Good evening. iPad Mini 4 all the way.
2017-3-17
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

Good evening. iPad Mini 4 all the way.

I have tried both the K1 and iPad Mini 4. In terms of "on paper" processor speeds and specs the K1 wins hands down, but in real testing the Android system is junk for this application. Nvidia Sheild keeps freezing up (even with settings tweaked to max performacne & every concevable app turned off/disables or deleted).

The iPad Mini 4 (IMHO) wins hands down 100%.

Although when using the GO 4 App with the K1 it does have a few nice features that are not available (yet) with the iOS device. I am refering to the simulator.

The Android version allows a Line of Sight (LOS), First Person View & magnified view of the drone (3 settings). You can toggle through all 3 with Android whilst iOS ony offerS LOS view.

Last point to note here is the Shield K1 is NOT on a list of approved/supported devices.

Both a good choice over using a phone I would say. Hope this helps.

Steve
2017-3-17
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.2
Canada

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D392%26typeid%3D392
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now