Why the 250g threshold in drone regulations is too low (DJI)
10763 18 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LackedMule1217e
lvl.1

Canada

So I just stumbled upon a research article by DJI themselves detailing why the 250-gram threshold of UAVs should be increased to 2.2 kg before falling into the drone restrictions set by different nations (i.e. Canada). This essentially means that the Mavic Pro and the Phantom series would not face much regulations if 2.2 kg is to become the new threshold (although it is unlikely for that to happen).
The research paper basically states that the 250-gram threshold was fabricated on a very conservative and non-scientific notion with out-dated data sets under a 30-day limited window.
It's quite a pleasant read. I've attached the research paper as an attachment.

defining-a-lowest-risk-uas-category.pdf

345.25 KB, Down times: 38

DJI Research Paper

2017-3-17
Use props
KimVladimir
New

Denmark

I am working on something that is somewhat related and I find it very disturbing that the regulations on drones are so strict. I must admit that no regulations would be even worse, but as I see it, the regulations hamper our development as a species.
2019-5-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They do need to be lightened up
2019-5-23
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>

The Mavic Mini coming later this month is under the weight limit.... should be a game changer.
2019-10-14
Use props
redman042
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54068 ft
United States

I've been reading about the Mavic Mini, which is under the FAA registration limit. This leads me to some questions:

What exactly does being below this limit allow for, besides just being able to avoid FAA registration?

Does it let you fly beyond the restrictions that apply to recreational flyers? (night flying, line of sight, 400' ceiling?)

Can you fly one for commercial use without a Part 107 ?
2019-10-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

deathsquad Posted at 10-14 12:12
The Mavic Mini coming later this month is under the weight limit.... should be a game changer.

Yeah, it should be!
2019-10-28
Use props
World.Traveler
lvl.1

Canada

Interesting!
2020-1-9
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will sure follow this thread.
2020-2-9
Use props
djiuser_cyrreH5hp28C
New

Nigeria

pls accept my friend request
2020-6-19
Use props
djiuser_g2VkrietJXul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13294426 ft
United States

KimVladimir Posted at 2019-5-22 05:44
I am working on something that is somewhat related and I find it very disturbing that the regulations on drones are so strict. I must admit that no regulations would be even worse, but as I see it, the regulations hamper our development as a species.

"As a species"
2020-6-25
Use props
pankajku6678
New

India

WonderMouse Technologies is web designing company, which provides web designing services in Dubai. The company provides cost-competitive website design and development solutions to start-ups, SME’s and enterprises. Our well-organized, flexible and transparent processes help us create Web Design Services or solutions that meet client’s present as well as future demands. The expert professionals of website design company in Delhi can meet all your requisites efficiently and as a mobile application development company in India, we focus on the goals, budget, and success of the businesses. Whether you are looking for best mobile app development services, desktop or web apps development services or web designing services, Wondermouse technologies is top destination for all your requirements. Our dedicated team of designers, developers use the best tools in order to ensure the best deliverables for every project.
2020-7-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

A J Posted at 2019-5-23 11:25
They do need to be lightened up

I agree. It's an interesting read. I've skimmed through it and need to re-read. But the regulations Per Se are excessively restrictive in my view. Interesting that the UK require an annual fee for registration, whereas elsewhere (here in France for example) it's free. As per the report's recommendation.
2020-7-16
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-16 22:42
I agree. It's an interesting read. I've skimmed through it and need to re-read. But the regulations Per Se are excessively restrictive in my view. Interesting that the UK require an annual fee for registration, whereas elsewhere (here in France for example) it's free. As per the report's recommendation.

Yep, £9 a year here - US$5 for three years in the US - work that one out eh!
2020-7-17
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

A J Posted at 7-17 01:30
Yep, £9 a year here - US$5 for three years in the US - work that one out eh!

Rip-off Britain, mate. It's always the same
2020-7-17
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-17 07:03
Rip-off Britain, mate. It's always the same

Indeed my friend - more so than ever!
2020-7-17
Use props
djiuser_Nk1boZjIceKo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17267 ft
United Kingdom

Loving my MA2, but the new drone laws coming in is making it for us flying keep it legal pilots more differcult to use without going through another course costing £200.
yes bring in the new regs but please don’t price people out of flying freedom just because it as a camera.
In theory you cannot even hover in your own back garden at 1.2 meters.
2020-10-6
Use props
Janechan
New

Thailand

kuldeep1002 Posted at 2018-2-7 01:44
fax cover sheet word
blank fax cover sheet
fax cover

Thank you so much.
It's really helped me.
ซื้อ บิทคอยน์