United States

Nothing new to report.

Unit Checked into Queue         1 month ago         13 days ago         Open
2015-4-6
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Over a month now for me too.  I did call, and after 30 minutes on hold was told 4-6 weeks now, like you were, because they are swamped.  They are clearly not equipped for the surge in their sales and subsequent servicing of their products.  I usually try to refrain from being an 'early adopter'.  Sensing this was a huge mistake on my part.   I only bought as early as I did because I was scared the government was going to ruin things and I would only be able to buy a dumbed down, low altitude, low speed toy after they intervened.  So far this has been a 1500 dollar mistake (total investment).  If they don't cover my  camera/gimble under warranty (assuming I ever get it back), I'll need to add 700 bucks to original mistake.
2015-4-8
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1078760 ft
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-8 19:47
Over a month now for me too.  I did call, and after 30 minutes on hold was told 4-6 weeks now, like  ...

Yea, we seem to be in the same boat. The wait is killing me!
2015-4-8
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

Something was done!!!!! 9 hours ago!!!! I was so excited!! But when I opened the ticket up, nothing has changed! Not a damn thing!

Unit Checked into Queue         1 month ago         9 hours ago         Open
2015-4-8
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Well, I really hope that means it made it to somebody's repair bench at least.  To have these things sitting in a repair facility for over a month before they think about looking at them is piss poor.
2015-4-9
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-8 19:47
Over a month now for me too.  I did call, and after 30 minutes on hold was told 4-6 weeks now, like  ...

Did you feel like I did, that phone call did absolutely NOTHING for your request, such a waste of time, I mean, hell, at least make me feel like you give a crap about my product. I was under the impression of, "you should be happy I put down my PS3 controller and answered the phone"
2015-4-9
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-9 17:37
Well, I really hope that means it made it to somebody's repair bench at least.  To have these things ...

About 2 weeks ago, it showed activity, but nothing ever came of it, so I will not get my hopes up again :|
2015-4-9
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Yeah, mine went from Checked into queue, to position B5, then a few weeks later 'checked into queue'.  At least the guy I talked to 'Gregory' sounded like he cared and was sympathetic, and reassured me that I would have my Phantom repaired by May for my vacation.  It has been 7 days since I spoke to him with no change.  If this situation does not change in the next week, I will know it was just a lot of talk.
2015-4-9
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

does urs look like this, saying completed? I am not sure if it has always said that or what.

You submitted this request
Status
    Open
Amount Due for Repair
    -
Amount Paid
    -
Repair Status Update
    Repair Completed
Product Received
    Phantom 2 Vision Plus
Invoice Needed
    No
Is The Due Amount Paid
    No
2015-4-9
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Mine never said completed.  Just says checked in.  That is confusing as hell and don't know what to make of it.
2015-4-9
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-10 06:03
Mine never said completed.  Just says checked in.  That is confusing as hell and don't know what to  ...

hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.
2015-4-9
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

Update: One hour before closing time today, I had still not received any updates, so I called. The gentleman said that in fact my unit was repaired and there were no charges. I hope they found what made it malfunction and repaired it. He said they would test fly it and then ship it back to me. He also said if I didn't get a tracking number by Tuesday of next week for me to email him. He was more polite than the others I have spoken with, and not one time have I been disrespectful to them.

kjkisatsky, ur only a day or so behind me, so keep us up to date on ur repair and good luck
2015-4-10
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

This Tuesday will be an entire 6 weeks since they signed for mine.  Really, really hoping I will be hearing something soon.   I was supposed to have a return tracking number by then.  I was planning a trip to Nevada centered around photography with the Phantom.
2015-4-11
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-11 21:11
This Tuesday will be an entire 6 weeks since they signed for mine.  Really, really hoping I will be  ...

Has anything anything changed on yours? Other than my 2 phone calls to them, I have not heard anything at their own initiating since March 11, 2015 15:36, when it was checked into queue.

Unit Checked into Queue         1 month ago         4 days ago         Open
2015-4-13
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Hooray!  I received notification this afternoon that my Phantom has been repaired under warranty, no money due!  Now I just gotta wait for tracking number that it has been shipped.  Took exactly 6 weeks for repair to get done, hopefully boxing it up and shipping it back to me won't take another week.
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-14 14:16
Hooray!  I received notification this afternoon that my Phantom has been repaired under warranty, no ...

That's fantastic.
2015-4-13
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I wish It didn't take so damn long, but I am really happy they repaired everything under warranty.  I was nervous about a big repair bill.  Can't wait to fly again, been months.  Started flying my Hubsan X4 again to get my muscle memory back.
2015-4-13
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-14 14:16
Hooray!  I received notification this afternoon that my Phantom has been repaired under warranty, no ...

Congratulations, how did you find out? I still have not received my tracking number either. Maybe you will get it back in time for your trip.
2015-4-14
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-14 14:39
I wish It didn't take so damn long, but I am really happy they repaired everything under warranty.   ...

We purchased a 20 acre farm, I am gonna practice there, I have another one, but one without a camera isn't interesting to me anymore. I cannot wait for a pretty day to fly it over the whole farm, me and my wife were actually flying it there when it crashed, but it was still wintertime, now everything has greened up, I am so excited.
2015-4-14
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I found out by an email from them updating repair status.  I know what you mean about the no camera.   The first person view on my Ipad is what I enjoy the most about flying.  Feels like you are truly piloting the craft, not just watching from the ground.  20 acres sounds like a good place to practice!  I just soar above everyone elses farms around here!
2015-4-14
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-14 16:31
I found out by an email from them updating repair status.  I know what you mean about the no camera. ...

Other than my phone call to them, I have no email from them on it being repaired. I have checked the spam folder, nothing. I'm just glad they covered ours under warranty.
2015-4-14
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

They tried to deliver mine today, but I was asleep because I'm on night shifts. Signature required.  So they did ship from California to NJ overnight Fedex.  Going to make sure I am around on Thursday, even if I have to sleep with the phone by the pillow.
2015-4-14
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Got it back today.  Will not show telemetry data on Vision App.  They said I have to ship it back.  Sick over this whole thing.
2015-4-16
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I fixed it!  There was a plug loose going into the gimble platform, the one on the left (facing front of phantom) side with four wires was not seated.
2015-4-16
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-17 07:47
I fixed it!  There was a plug loose going into the gimble platform, the one on the left (facing fron ...

That is great, I am so glad you didnt have to send it back, OMG, you probably would have to go thru all that crap again if you had not solved it yourself. I finally got a message from them today while I was out working on the farm,  but I still have not got a tracking number or anything.

J.G. Today at 11:50

Dear Ricky,

We have repaired your Phantom 2 Vision Plus. The repair technician replaced one motor, the landing gear, wifi video transmitter and repaired the camera/gimbal assembly. The firmware has been updated to version 3.12, the Phantom was test flown and is fully operational.
To regain control of the Phantom if fail safe is activated, flip the transmitter switch from GPS to ATTI then back to GPS.
Make sure to calibrate the compass in every new flight location. The compass is very sensitive to electromagnetic interference, which can cause abnormal compass data leading to poor flight performance or even flight failure.
Do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, and steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside massive metal objects. Due to the effects of the shipping process your IMU inside the flight controller will require an advanced IMU calibration through the assistant software.

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/download
Phantom 2 Vision + Assistant Software v3.8
DJI WIN Driver Installer (download first if you have a Windows PC)

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact DJI customer support.

Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team
The Future of Possible

DJI Technology Customer Support

--------------------------------------

I wonder if that motor was cutting out, making it crash, Hopefully I will get a tracking number within the next few weeks. lol. But it is promising, I am just happy to get it some sort of confirmation.
2015-4-20
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Ricky, you will be getting a tracking number anytime now.  However, I am screwed.  Skimmed a tree top during end of a few test flights.  Went down hard and the yaw arm on the gimbal is bent.  Flew great up until that point.  Made some calls, no repair shops have that part.  They say they can't get it and DJI won't sell it.  Back to square one.  Shipping out to DJI today.
2015-4-21
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-21 21:00
Ricky, you will be getting a tracking number anytime now.  However, I am screwed.  Skimmed a tree to ...

Man, sorry to hear that, now I am gonna be scared to death to fly mine. haha
If I remember correctly, don't they have like 4 regional repair shops?  They won't handle warranty work, but they have all the parts to repair one. They had a turnaround time of less than a week when mine went down, but I knew it was it fell out of the sky not any error on my part. If ur crash is an accident of ur fault, ur gonna have to pay for it anyways, I would definitely ship it to one of them. Send the o. In Florida had the quickest time. Good luck and LMK Hiw it goes.
2015-4-21
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I called the one in Florida.  They said they DON'T have gimbal parts, like the J arm or yaw arm on mine that is bent.  In my case, all I can say is stay WELL above highest obstacles, like trees.  Easy to misjudge tree top heights without leaves on trees and when sun glare on FPV screen (even with sun shield) makes it hard to see.
2015-4-23
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Wouldn't it make sense for you to buy the gimbal/camera out on the internet, and replace it yourself, rather than send again to DJI? Probably be much faster.
2015-4-23
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-23 21:38
I called the one in Florida.  They said they DON'T have gimbal parts, like the J arm or yaw arm on m ...

Did you try us drone repair or uav repair shop?
2015-4-23
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Already shipped it back.  I'm just gonna suck it up this time and not expect it back anytime soon.  I'll be happy if it gets back before my Nevada trip at the end of June, it they fix it under warranty like last time.  

Motia, a new gimbal/cam ass'y is almost 700 bucks.  I'm going to hold out hope DJI does the right thing and fixes it under warranty.
2015-4-23
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

I got mine back today, and guess what, I am barely able to calibrate the compass. When I finally got it calibrated, 10-15 times, it took off and it crashed, should have known something was up when it did not take off level, one side dipped. First thing I did when I received it was to reinstall my prop guards (they did not send new props back with it, and I am on my backup set) and did a advanced IMU calibration. So here it is 1:15am, and I am trying to find a solution to the dilemma. I cannot recall a failed compass calibration before it fell out of the sky.
Question. When you have a failed calibration, do you have to turn the unit off to calibrate again, that is what I am having to do in order to get the amber lights to tell me I am back in calibration mode. I have calibrated the compass probably 50 times, but still got on you tube to double check my procedure after multiple failed attempts. I am not near any interference, I am standing in the middle of my yard where I have preformed the calibration countless times. I am one of these people that calibrate it before each flight, even if in same location, I rather be safe than sorry, and it only takes a few seconds.

2015-4-27
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

check this out for info on degaussing compass and settings in assistant.

it may help
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-4-28
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

yes...similar to mine, see below thread, Fell out of sky,  sent back to DJI Saturday, we shall see....
2015-4-28
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

jasonisdn Posted at 2015-2-27 13:57
I tried to get people to get a form setup and post it on all the forum sites, then link it back to a ...

i was using a note 2 when mine fell out...said lost phantom connection and BOOM
2015-4-28
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

This stops at 4/7??? what happened...did you get repaired/ replaced no charge??
2015-4-28
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

johnk456@roadru Posted at 2015-4-29 03:50
This stops at 4/7??? what happened...did you get repaired/ replaced no charge??

It was repaired under warranty, 0.00 cost to me, minus the 50.00 shipping back and 3 props. But repaired, I am meaning the damage from the crash. Finally got compass to set today, all green, ready to go. Tested home lock, came back, everything looked good. Flying level, holding position. Flew around farm, no power lines, no interference. On second battery, 29% power remaining, bringing it down, only touching down joystick, from 200'-50', perfect, flat controlled decent, at approx 30 to 50 feet it starts wobbling, no flips or silence like last time, made me think of a speed wobble on skateboard, minus the speed, u see it happening, but nothing u do does anything. I had installed my prop guards with the compass issue, I think that sorta kept it from flipping, more flat surface. Nothing broke, had the mindset to turn off video this time, so I have that to look at, and in video,  all was perfect until the wobble started. Calling them to see what they say, another 2 months without it, I hope not, this is the best time of year to get some great video.
2015-4-28
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

wow...unreal!!  so how long did you have it before it went down the first time?  who did you buy from, direct from DJI?
2015-4-28
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Ricky, sorry to hear about this.  Seems like your luck and mine are running neck and neck.   UPS should drop off to DJI tomorrow.  Here we go again!
2015-4-28
Use props
rickyc31
lvl.2
United States

johnk456@roadru Posted at 2015-4-29 06:01
wow...unreal!!  so how long did you have it before it went down the first time?  who did you buy fro ...

Approximate 2 months, we received it for Christmas to help with aerial surveys for our work. I consider myself a experienced pilot, I do not know everything, but I am cautious and responsible and more than willing to learn.
2015-4-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules