Should i buy the fly more combo ?
27611 27 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borse2008
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Can anyone tell whther its definately worth the money to buiy it with the flymore combo ?
2017-3-18
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Yes you should, just make sure you buy it from your local store. I bought my dji mavic pro flymore combo and other goods from DJI online store on March 2nd, shipment was dated March 3rd and I'm still waiting. DJI support is a challenge when you want something resolved. I have an open active case with DJI and FEDEX hoping to resolve my matter so I hopefully get my Combo this month. You've been kindly warned borse2008.
2017-3-18
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, without question. You will spend more on two batteries and spare props, car charger etc let alone the really handy bag. I thought three batteries would be enough, but a fourth would be great. I'm fairly paranoid about damaging my Mavic and will generally invest (waste) about 20% of the first battery checking all settings pre flight and having a quick fly by as a belt and braces safety back up.
2017-3-18
Use props
Woody MVCP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258957 ft
United Kingdom

A resounding YES! I just ordered mine from Scan computers UK at £1249. (Cheaper than DJI) It was in stock and is now on its way!
2017-3-18
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

In total agreement with all the previous posters!  The only item in the package that is still in the DJI box is the Mavic Case supplied.  When I received my Fly More package, my wife also ordered 2 more batteries (for a total of 5 batteries) and a much bigger carrying case than the one DJI provided.

She did buy mine from Amazon for the ease of possibly returning it if there was a problem or if I didn't want it (and how likely would that be?).  A local DJI dealer MIGHT offer some basic flying instructions after the sale, but she wanted the hassle-free return that Amazon offered.

2017-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes go for Combo, you need minimum 3 batteries.
2017-3-18
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

I got just the drone, no fly more combo. That's because my retailer doesn't sell the Fly More combo, and I got a great discount on the drone itself.

Although most people tell you it's worth it, let's see what you get for it.
It's about €300,- more than just the drone(not sure in £ or $). What do you get for that money?
2x extra battery (€99,- each), €198,-
2x extra propellors (€9,- each), €18,-
Battery Charging hub, €45,-
Car charger, €55,-
Battery to power bank adaptor, €21,-
Shoulder bag, €89,-
Total worth: €426,-, so you save €126,- if you have a need for all the items. But would you buy them separately? In other words, is it really worth it?

Let's have a close look at all the items. What do they do, and how likely is it you want to have it.
2x extra battery
increases flight time in the field
you'd most likely want to get this

2x extra props
nice in case you break some
you'd probably also want this at some point

Battery Charging hub
the good: it charges up to 4 batteries. The bad: they won't charge simultaneously, but one after the other. It will however save you on time for disconnecting one battery and then connecting the next one.
Do you need it? Not really, but it can be useful

Car charger
Charges a battery while you drive.
Are you out for a long time, without a power socket nearby? In that case you may want this.

Battery to power bank adaptor
It turns a Mavic battery into a power bank for a smartphone, or the controller. Reducing flight time out in the field, but more power for making phone calls, or DJI GO.
Needed? Only if you really need a power bank on the go, can live with some reduced flight time, and don't already own a power bank.

Shoulder bag
Transports the Mavic, controller, and a few extra's.
Useful if this will be the bag you're gonna use.

So now it's up to you to decide what you need, and make the calculations.

Personally, I have no use for the Battery to power bank adaptor (I already own a power bank for my phone), car charger (I'm probably going out into the field using my bicycle, or in most cases there will be electricity available, plus I did buy extra batteries for a reason), and bag (I already have a DSLR bag which is a perfect fit). And I could live without the charging hub. In my case that's €165,- tot €210,- worth of stuff in the Fly More combo that I don't need. So buying the things I do need separately would in my case be the better option.
2017-3-18
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree totally with the above.  But, I love the Mavic bag, so I bought one from eBay at almost half the DJI price.
2017-3-18
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

For me its definitely no because the bag is crap and over priced, my mavic cost me £1,100 with battery, i bought extra battery £85.00 and a really good camera bag that is really small for £16.00 props are cheap anyway so definitely a no no
2017-3-18
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.2
Flight distance : 154423 ft
United States

Definitely yes. It would be nice if you could add more batteries at a discount.  Like "Fly More +2"
2017-3-18
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

dirkjan82 Posted at 2017-3-18 08:37
I got just the drone, no fly more combo. That's because my retailer doesn't sell the Fly More combo, and I got a great discount on the drone itself.

I agree with you and have the same setup.
2017-3-18
Use props
Woody MVCP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

dirkjan82 Posted at 2017-3-18 08:37

Funny how eveyone uses DJI retail prices when working out if it's worth it.

I posted above that I got the entire flymore kit for £1249 as opposed to £1359.

So totally worth it at that price with a saving of £214 me thinks
2017-3-18
Use props
Dub Yu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14032 ft
United States

Instead of the fly more, I bought 2 batteries and dji refresh with the extra money
2017-3-18
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Hipsters gotta have their man purse.

I purchased the FMC. I just have to find skinny jeans and grow my neck beard to go with my man tech purse.

2017-3-18
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Woody MVCP Posted at 2017-3-18 17:33
Funny how eveyone uses DJI retail prices when working out if it's worth it.

I posted above that I got the entire flymore kit for £1249 as opposed to £1359.

With a discount like that (assuming the Mavic without the Fly More combo was standard retail price) it is absolutely worth it! But if the Mavic itself is also sold with a comparable discount at that same store, the calculations will turn out similar.
2017-3-19
Use props
Mpampis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276476 ft
Germany

First I thought that the fly more doesn't worth it at all but now to be honest, is better to wait a little bit and buy the fly more than to buy the standard one.

Think about it, you are gonna have two more extra bat,  a case for your mavic and if you need some extra juice you have also the power bank cable(let be honest, nowadays all the people have a spare battery bank!)

2017-3-19
Use props
PizzaFiend
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1489593 ft
United States

Just received mine today. I ordered the Fly More Combo because I would've purchased all of that stuff anyway, so it was a good value for me. I will say that the shoulder bag is nice, but it would've been better if it would also store all of the Fly More Combo stuff. It'll hold the Mavic, controller, batteries and some other small items, but there's no space for the chargers.
2017-3-19
Use props
Woody MVCP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Take a look...

www.scan.co.uk

The Fly more combo is out of stock. There were 2 or 3 left when I ordered a couple of days ago and mine has been despatched and will be here tomorrow.

Scan Computers Pricing

Scan Computers Pricing
2017-3-19
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Short answer,..... YES
2017-3-19
Use props
mstevens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19078 ft
United States

PizzaFiend Posted at 2017-3-19 11:01
Just received mine today. I ordered the Fly More Combo because I would've purchased all of that stuff anyway, so it was a good value for me. I will say that the shoulder bag is nice, but it would've been better if it would also store all of the Fly More Combo stuff. It'll hold the Mavic, controller, batteries and some other small items, but there's no space for the chargers.

There is absolutely room for each item in the Fly More Combo, and without using any force or anything. Admittedly, there isn't actually a good reason to carry around controller cables for devices your won't be using. Once you've practiced a few times it's very easy, though admittedly it takes some Tetris skills at first.
2017-3-19
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

The answer is definitely not YES for all people. If you plan on using every accessory then sure, but if you are not going to use the bag for example, then it is not worth it.

You save $82 by getting the fly more instead of buying the DJI accessories on their own.

However I would get other accessories than the DJI provided options.

- Instead of the DJI hub that only charges one at a time, get the the 5 in 1 chargeravailable on amazonthat charges 3 at once. $50. ($10 more than DJI hub charger)
- Instead of the car charger get a 300W inverter. Lets you power the better 5 in 1 charger or any other 120V piece of equipment in you car. ($25 less than DJI car charger)
- Skip on the stupid battery to power bank adapter. If you really want it get a standalone cell phone batter for the same price without having to drain your flight batteries. (Save $19)
- Skip on the shoulder bag and get this case that is more durable such as this one or this one. (Save $55)

You save $89 (basicly the same as what you would have saved with the fly more) by going with these options instead. And they are much more capable.
2017-3-19
Use props
lifedownunder
lvl.2
Australia

This video weighs up the pros and cons of the fly more package, and what you could get instead.

https://youtu.be/Kh58sFZZvDU
2018-1-2
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Tonpit it simple : Yes
2018-1-2
Use props
Gui0123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331224 ft
France

Of course you need it, every thing inside combo is usefull !
And very interesting economically speaking !
2018-1-3
Use props
Monsinho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272490 ft
Sweden

Yes, three batteries are minimum if you want flight time and experience.
2018-1-3
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes! (You've probably already got it by now lol)
2018-1-26
Use props
lifedownunder
lvl.2
Australia

4 Reasons NOT To Get The Fly More Combo | DJI Mavic Pro comparison
2018-2-2
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

The Backpack is stupid, the Bank Charger will only do one battery at a time so save $80 and change charged batteries yourself, The power take-off for charging yerr phone is a useless gimmick, the Car Charger takes over an Hour to charge One battery so just buy another battery instead of the Charger you can get one from china for $USD75. (And you wont need Spare Props unless you fly it inside in ATTI Mode and hit the wall.).
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules