Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi

I have my mavic pro imu calibration on flat surface.

I have also vps cal. via Dji assistant. And gimbal calibration last.

When i flight today drifting more to right a bit and was not even windy.

Here a sample image about my imu result is this right done?.

Thanks for your help!
IMG_1993.PNG
2017-3-18
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Level surface while cold. You want to get it all done before the ac fan kicks on. Mine, gyro 2 is always a little bit high but it flys fine. Might as well do the gimbal cal on same surface
2017-3-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

My IMU readings are identical to yours
When I have a lock on at least 5 or more satellites it stays rock solid in place ( with no wind )
When in Atti Mode I also have a little -- very small drift to the right ( with no wind )
I think your IMU calibration is perfect I wouldn't recalibrate it
2017-3-18
Use props
fansfc84b388
New

United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-18 13:02
Level surface while cold. You want to get it all done before the ac fan kicks on. Mine, gyro 2 is always a little bit high but it flys fine. Might as well do the gimbal cal on same surface

My mavic pro will not take off. The stick will not respond this is the first time i took it out of the box to try and fly it. The remote is saying ready. Please help.
2017-3-18
Use props
Tango_B
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2891473 ft
Australia

Hi there, did a new IMU calibration solve your issue? I am having a drift problem the same as yours.
2017-3-18
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

fansfc84b388 Posted at 2017-3-18 17:56
My mavic pro will not take off. The stick will not respond this is the first time i took it out of the box to try and fly it. The remote is saying ready. Please help.

Put both sticks in and down (45 degrees) to start motors
2017-3-18
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-18 13:02

I did again imu. When hovering at low position is solid also in tripod mode no issues whatsoever. But when I put the Mavic higher I see that a bit right slowly can also be my gimbal cam?.  But when on the ground the gimbal also stay solid and also did gimbal calibration. That why I ask is my result of imu good.m calibration I'm also do on level surface. That again
2017-3-18
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-3-18 13:28
My IMU readings are identical to yours
When I have a lock on at least 5 or more satellites it stays rock solid in place ( with no wind )
When in Atti Mode I also have a little -- very small drift to the right ( with no wind )

Thanks for you advice
2017-3-18
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

I had a similar issue - but only at night.  had to re-calibrate the IMU / VPS / Compass at different points of owning my device; however none of that really helped the hor/ver drift.

I stumbled on a post stating low light cannot hold steady height. I usually ensure if I'm flying low, it's a well lit area at night. During the day, the mavic holds position like a champ.

Best of luck resolving your issue.
2017-3-18
Use props
fans0368fca7
New

Finland

It's work now fine is solid I did gimbal calibration again and seem be now okey. Thanks very one for your help
2017-3-19
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-18 21:33
I had a similar issue - but only at night.  had to re-calibrate the IMU / VPS / Compass at different points of owning my device; however none of that really helped the hor/ver drift.

I stumbled on a post stating low light cannot hold steady height. I usually ensure if I'm flying low, it's a well lit area at night. During the day, the mavic holds position like a champ.

Was not my aircraft that drifting I found out my cam when hovering. I did cool down my drone for 20min in the basement there is cold I'm living in Finland cold is not a problem here after 20min cool down I'm fire my mavic up start imu calibration and after gimbal calibration and I had no issues anymore it's helps that way.
2017-3-19
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

FI. Stanley Posted at 2017-3-19 12:18
Was not my aircraft that drifting I found out my cam when hovering. I did cool down my drone for 20min in the basement there is cold I'm living in Finland cold is not a problem here after 20min cool down I'm fire my mavic up start imu calibration and after gimbal calibration and I had no issues anymore it's helps that way.

Ah nice, glad you resolved it. I'll keep those steps in mind next time this happens.
2017-3-19
Use props
FI. Stanley
lvl.4
  • >>>
Finland

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-3-19 20:14
Ah nice, glad you resolved it. I'll keep those steps in mind next time this happens.

unfortunately I did make some test flight my mavic drifting right and my gimbal don't stop when hover drift to right. I think I have serious issue with my Mavic.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules