12Next >
53101 76 2014-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Hey Pilots,
I figured if I could get any suggestions it would probably be here!

New DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ owner. Ive had it now going on 3-4 months and what fun its been. Now I am here to ask for some help!

I am very interested in the easiest video editing software I can find. I am in the USA (Texas) and saw a you tube clip of a company that I was told used the Vision+ and according to the video it matches pretty well. What I am looking for is a video editing software that you can do all the tricks that this into has in it:

I have googled and googled and most are saying the Adobe Premiere Elements 13 is recommended but again I know there are PLENTY of yall out there that know and have experience in such software. From the looks of this, it seems he sent off the video he got to AVID Production Group to put it all together. Its going to be hard to find such software that is newbie user friendly I bet but Im very interested in learning.

Would LOVE to edit and make movies like this with the music of choice, blend, fade, slow it down, speed it up and just make a attention getting video like this.

If you have suggestion please please give me your thoughts, ideas and links to your suggested software.

Thank you for being here and working as a team, Truly blessed to be here!

2014-9-25
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

Hello! Well in my case I first started using iMovie (if you have a Mac) and is very user friendly and with two or 3 tutorial videos you see it would be very easy to do what your looking for (blend, fade, slow it, spped it etc).

I've been a mac user all my life so thats how can I help you.

I don't know any free and friendly software for PC user, but they might be some of them.

Hope this helps

2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-9-26 08:56
Hello! Well in my case I first started using iMovie (if you have a Mac) and is very user friendly an ...

First off thank you for replying!!!!

Well I haven't worked up the money to get one of those darn expensive Mac units ;-) I would like one but the check book is screaming no right now :-(

It doesn't really have to be FREE, I don't mind spending the $$ if its something that is worth it ya know. I could have bought a few but figured I would turn to yall guys before I burnt ANY cash!

I currently own just a PC running your basic windows 7 which I might add I AM NOT TOO FOND OF! I just have no choice LOL.

Any PC guys out there that can recommend a PC Movie Editing Software?

Thanks FromAdronesEye for your advice!!!

2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-9-26 08:56
Hello! Well in my case I first started using iMovie (if you have a Mac) and is very user friendly an ...

FromAdronesEye do they make iMovie for PC?
2014-9-25
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

lqqkup Posted at 2014-9-26 09:03
FromAdronesEye do they make iMovie for PC?

No, they dont make for PC! Hope someone can help you find one for PC!

Maybe you try and see some tutorials of premiere so you can see how easy or not. But I can tell thats a great software, as good as final cut pro
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Is this one any good...not sure if its just a knock off or what...

http://www.imoviewindows.com/
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-9-26 09:07
No, they dont make for PC! Hope someone can help you find one for PC!

Maybe you try and see some  ...

Okay thanks for the input....I would LOVE to have a Mac for sure but that will come later when my check book isnt so upset.

Yeah hopefully someone will chime in here with a PC recommendation..

Thanks again FromAdronesEye......
2014-9-25
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

What about using the free software from GoPro for editing?   I have a GoPro and I will be getting a Vision+ but I am also a Mac user.  When I was using my PC (very slowly I might add) I used the GoPro app and it was OK.
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Dragonrider Posted at 2014-9-26 09:23
What about using the free software from GoPro for editing?   I have a GoPro and I will be getting a  ...

Wife said that she tired the GoPro software but found that she could NOT trim any of the video's. Is this true?
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Ideas on this one:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/features.html
2014-9-25
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

Yes you can trim video in the GoPro software.  I have made several videos using the software and trimmed most every video clip for the movie as I shoot a lot of video and then trim it down to the slice I need.  Here's an example....

http://youtu.be/aW3uk5YK_SI?list=UUveLMi44S3TiDSlzeS8wQ5Q

2014-9-25
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

lqqkup Posted at 2014-9-26 09:25
Wife said that she tired the GoPro software but found that she could NOT trim any of the video's.  ...

Oops, forgot to hit the reply.....but I did.
2014-9-25
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Sony Vegas Studio would be a good start for you. It is as close to pro software you can get wothout going to the pro version.And is very upgrageable.
2014-9-25
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-26 09:46
Sony Vegas Studio would be a good start for you. It is as close to pro software you can get wothout  ...

Good suggestion.  I have never used it but in the GoPro forum it's been talked about a lot with lots of recommendations.
2014-9-25
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

It is really good, I now have the 13 pro version and it kicks a__. But I started with the studio version. Over all the programs I use it was on of the best. I use both PC and Mac editing software. You have way more control to do a lot more than with those generic programs. You videos will be awesome.
I beleave there is a free trial for 30 days.
2014-9-25
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Sony Vegas here...
I like it!
Next to last versions are often on Amazon really cheap.
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Dragonrider Posted at 2014-9-26 09:31
Yes you can trim video in the GoPro software.  I have made several videos using the software and tri ...

would it make any difference being out video is NOT coming from a GoPro? Its the actual Vision 2+ camera set up not GoPro unit.
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-26 09:46
Sony Vegas Studio would be a good start for you. It is as close to pro software you can get wothout  ...

Hmmmmm I will have to try that one again we used it on a laptop and it was REALLY laggy but guess now that you commented on it maybe it was more a lack of computer hardware needed to run it right..You think?  We have a HP Pavilion dv7 notebook PC
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-26 10:00
It is really good, I now have the 13 pro version and it kicks a__. But I started with the studio ver ...

got it....Ill look into it...so just go to the gopro site for the software? What version?
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-26 10:04
Sony Vegas here...
I like it!
Next to last versions are often on Amazon really cheap.

Thank you so much, looks like I might have to try this out....Here is what we have...let me get a pic of it hang tight
2014-9-25
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

lqqkup Posted at 2014-9-26 10:26
got it....Ill look into it...so just go to the gopro site for the software? What version?

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiopp
There are 3 other versions of this. This is the base software.
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

2014-9-25
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

lqqkup Posted at 2014-9-26 10:21
would it make any difference being out video is NOT coming from a GoPro? Its the actual Vision 2+  ...

I believe it converts the video into MP4 format which can then be cut and trimmed as needed.
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-26 10:29
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiopp
There are 3 other versions of this. This is the b ...

Thank you kindly for taking the time for the link....Ill look into this one!

I appreciate each and every one that chimed in here to assist, sure helps to have help from guys like you directly!!!

If anyone else has suggestions please drop a post and let me know but THANKS IN ADVANCE!
2014-9-25
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Dragonrider Posted at 2014-9-26 10:33
I believe it converts the video into MP4 format which can then be cut and trimmed as needed.

got it thx x100 Dragonrider
2014-9-25
Use props
cacooley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146056 ft
United States

I have been using Pinnacle Studio on my PC for years and is very user friendly. I believe they are on Version 17.5 now. they have versions ranging in price from $59 - $129
2014-9-28
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

This is what I'm talking about...
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Studi ... keywords=sony+vegas
Old Version = $27
It's minus a few bells and whistles that the new version will have.
The average hobbyist videographer won't miss them...
2014-9-28
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

i use imovie to edit footage direct from the SD cards in my gopro hero 3 BE.
the gopro studio software converts the footage into VERY large file sizes, so i dont use it.

imovie is really intuitive and gets great results.

Head over to Don mc alisters site ( screencastsonline.com ) where he has imovie podcast tutorials on it, they are excellent.

2014-9-29
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-29 09:56
This is what I'm talking about...
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Studio-Platinum-Production-Version/dp/B ...

Got it Thank you for sharing
2014-9-29
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Eirlink Posted at 2014-9-30 00:57
i use imovie to edit footage direct from the SD cards in my gopro hero 3 BE.
the gopro studio softwa ...

Thanks for the share as well Eirlink. Wish I had a mac...I got a guy wanting to trade my PS4 for a iMac but its the 10,1 27" monitor, 8gb ram along with 500gb hard drive I think. If I found it right on Apple I think its a late 2009 model.

Thought about trading but I have about $250 more in games/accessories than the iMac he wants to trade is worth. I found that model for like $600.

Still stewing on it..not sure just yet...LOL  
2014-9-29
Use props
matzky
lvl.1

Germany

lqqkup Posted at 2014-9-26 10:27
Thank you so much, looks like I might have to try this out....Here is what we have...let me get a  ...

Hey,
try out Magix Video easy HD.
It is a very simple software for Windows and you can do most
of the editing you need.

regards from germany
2014-9-29
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Checking it out as we speak...Thank you....

Seems easy and pretty decent...can you add a flash of a company/logo/words into it as the above video did?
2014-9-29
Use props
xzgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7 ft
United Kingdom

I tried to use go pro software tonight and it wont let you clip the Vision + videos .But if someone knows a way round this then speak up .
2014-9-29
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2014-9-30 07:26
I tried to use go pro software tonight and it wont let you clip the Vision + videos .But if someone  ...

There is someone that told me it would...hopefully they will chime in here and revile their secret
2014-9-29
Use props
ringlis1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34685 ft
United States

GoPro Studio is free and works good for me, I convert the files to AVI, then export as an MP4.  I then import the video into Photoshop CC, where I can make color adjustments and even provide the DJI Lens Correction to the video.  Photoshop is really slow to export, but, well worth it.

I have used pinnacle studio for years and works too.  Just depends how fast you need to get a video out.

2014-9-30
Use props
ringlis1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34685 ft
United States

xzgraham@btinte Posted at 2014-9-30 07:26
I tried to use go pro software tonight and it wont let you clip the Vision + videos .But if someone  ...

Do you have the latest version?  It allows me to cut the clips.  I have export individual cut clips and created full videos with it.  I wish there was a way to add the DJI Lens Correct to the gopro studio, which would then make it super fast to get videos out.
2014-9-30
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

ringlis1 Posted at 2014-10-1 06:15
Do you have the latest version?  It allows me to cut the clips.  I have export individual cut clip ...

Currently working with Final Cut Pro X 10. Wow, talk about overload...OMG! Im not like a total idiot, I can learn most software within reason LOL but gosh talking about effin MIND OVERLOAD...GEzzzzz~

Guess I need to look up tutorials on this software because learning it on my own is a LOST CAUSE!!

Tutorial Ideas?
2014-10-1
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

lqqkup Posted at 2014-10-2 07:57
Currently working with Final Cut Pro X 10. Wow, talk about overload...OMG! Im not like a total idi ...

http://pcclassesonline.com/ Maybe you can find tutorials here, and it's free
2014-10-1
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Dominican Republic

lqqkup Posted at 2014-10-2 07:57
Currently working with Final Cut Pro X 10. Wow, talk about overload...OMG! Im not like a total idi ...

http://pcclassesonline.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial/
2014-10-1
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-10-2 08:19
http://pcclassesonline.com/final-cut-pro-x-tutorial/

very much appreciated!
2014-10-1
Use props
12Next >