Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Editing Software Recommendations
53095 76 2014-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
houldsworth1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Windows Movie Maker yet.  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/movie-maker

It's free.  Allows all the usual bells and whistles (add music and mix with soundtrack, cut, insert pictures, add captions and titles etc.) and is pretty easy to use. Allows easy upload to Youtube and saving in a variety of formats.

It's a bit slow on older computers, but if you have something decent it should run just fine.

2014-10-1
Use props
Bernabe
New

China

I have Movie Maker but find AppGeeker Editor is easier to use and the result is all I am looking for, you can give it a shot:

http://www.appgeeker.com

It works with almost every video format, and give you simple and complex editing.
2014-10-5
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Sweet will look into it....I am going through some BAD hair pulling moments with Final Cut Pro on Apple right now

Is it easier than Final Cut Pro..or do you know?
2014-10-8
Use props
gregjetski2
lvl.1

United States

BEST SOFT WARE FOR EDITING

Hello  -  what is the best video software for editing and adding sound ?

2014-10-8
Use props
DJI-DingChen
lvl.2

China

If you are using Mac. You can try iMovie.
2014-10-9
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

In your case, I think iMovie will suit you needs. It is user friendly and has most of the features you required to edit the video.
2014-10-9
Use props
gregjetski2
lvl.1

United States

not a MAC user    how About PC windows 8.1 ?
2014-10-9
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

If you are new to Video Editing software, Sony Vegas Pro may be overkill for what you need.  Vegas Pro costs several hundred dollars new, but it is a Professional Video editing product.  For the Home Hobbyist,  Sony Movie Studio is probably the best solution.  This will get you a very powerful Video editing suite that has everything needed to edit your video, author or edit audio content, add a wide range of effects and author and burn DVD or Blu-ray Discs.   After mastering Movie Studio, you can later upgrade to Vegas Pro if you choose with almost no learning curve needed.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiopp
2014-10-10
Use props
jruss1966
lvl.1

United States

I use    Cute Cut Pro. On my IPad.  Works great and there is a free version to try.
2014-10-10
Use props
houldsworth1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are looking to edit audio (only) before including in your video then try Audacity.  http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Lots of features and (as is my fave) is totally free
2014-10-10
Use props
lean625
lvl.1
United States

gopro HERO got free movie and photo editor.... http://gopro.com/support/cineform-studio-software-support  ...  check it out !
2014-10-11
Use props
blancheroberts
New

United States

A powerful video editor can support you to edit home videos like trim, rotate, crop, merge, etc. and personalize your videos with rich text, filter as well as transition effects for sharing anywhere anytime, regardless of your skill level.

Follow the steps below to create your own video with video editor:
1.Choose a template or download more
2.Add your media files
3.Preview the result
4.Export your creation or turn to Advanced Mode
5.Finish editing

Video editor gives you a helping hand to create your own video. More details about video editor you can find on IfCoupons.com, where you can also get coupon codes of video editor software.
2014-11-3
Use props
daag78
lvl.4
Pakistan

hitfilm ultmate
http://www.ewall.pk/hitfilm-ultimate-2-0-1425-50622-64-bit/

prodrenalin
http://www.dailyhazara.com/downl ... in-10-full64bit.exe
2014-11-3
Use props
heath.ladner86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138238 ft
United States

Dragonrider Posted at 2014-9-26 09:31
Yes you can trim video in the GoPro software.  I have made several videos using the software and tri ...

When you have the vision plus you cannot trim video in gopro studio --- I believe is what is being asked.. your sample video is from a gopro ..not the vision 2 plus cam.
2015-3-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Just bough CyberLink PowerDirector 13 for $59.00 on sale on their web, only spent a few minutes with it and my brain hurts but their tutorials are great and all over youtube...and it looks to be ridiculously feature rich....
2015-3-16
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

I've been using Openshot on Linux and it works well, although I had to hack it to get it to encode in 4k. It's free and they even have a bootable DVD on the download page at openshot.org if you don't run Linux. I haven't tried that though so I can't vouch for its usability.
2015-3-17
Use props
johnk456
lvl.2

United States

lqqkup Posted at 2014-9-26 09:25
Wife said that she tired the GoPro software but found that she could NOT trim any of the video's.  ...

any luck on this?  I am having same problem, cannot trim since using the stock cam on the vision 2 plus 3.0
2015-4-19
Use props
jtrjr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

I'm just using the free Windows Live Movie Maker. Nothing fancy but it works fine for me.

Jerry
2015-4-19
Use props
michaelgulley
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I use Magix video editor which is easy and gives pro results
2015-5-7
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

Hong Kong

This thread is still active... I'm running an iMac so FCP 7 or FCP X could be the best choices (I'm still struggling in which one to choose). But if you are running a Windows PC, I guess Adobe premiere is the one you cannot miss.
2015-6-1
Use props
modestbrandon
lvl.1

United States

FromAdronesEye Posted at 2014-9-26 08:56
Hello! Well in my case I first started using iMovie (if you have a Mac) and is very user friendly an ...

I just started using iMovie and all it's putting out for me is 480p videos when I upload them to YouTube! I choose the highest quality video when I export too. Everything is shot in 1080p 30fps. Any suggestions?
2015-6-17
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

As someone who uses about 15 different kinds of video editing suites for various tasks at work and in my hobbies, it's hard to beat Sony Vegas when it comes to easy, quick and comprehensive editing with minimal learning curve.  I find it MUCH easier and MUCH faster than Windows Movie Maker for sure...  in fact in terms of speed, WMM is about as slow as it gets... every time you click on something it reloads the video or whatever the heck it thinks it's doing.
2015-6-17
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

modestbrandon Posted at 2015-6-18 00:30
I just started using iMovie and all it's putting out for me is 480p videos when I upload them to Y ...

This might sound silly but couple of basic questions...  did you confirm that the video you are uploading is in fact 1080p?  Not the raw video but your final rendered video that you are uploading to you tube.

If yes, are you waiting a little bit for Youtube to finish processing the high res versions of your video?  When you first upload, it starts rendering about 6 different resolutions, and it starts with the lowest (280p for mobile) and goes up from there.   So when you first visit the video page for your uploaded video, it takes a little while till the HD versions are processed and available.

If no (or yes and my youtube waiting question does not apply), then your rendering settings are off and you need to select a different render codec and ensure your output resolution is 1080p.

Hope that helps
Dan
2015-6-17
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Go to you tube and check out the tutorials on Windows Movie Maker... Free to!  You can clip , cut, paste and add text ect. Nod bad for free. Add music and stills.
2015-6-18
Use props
Matt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164997 ft
  • >>>
United States

lqqkup Posted at 2014-9-26 09:25
Wife said that she tired the GoPro software but found that she could NOT trim any of the video's.  ...

Na, you can do some editing in with the GoPro software but only able to trim video shot with a GoPro, nothing else.
2015-6-20
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

If you want simplicity and free and you are running Windows give  Windows movie maker a try. You can even pull snapshots from the videos. Add sound, text and effects. Good tutorials on you tube to get you rolling.
2015-6-21
Use props
tcoleyrn
lvl.2

United States

Dragonrider Posted at 2014-9-26 09:31
Yes you can trim video in the GoPro software.  I have made several videos using the software and tri ...

Can you please advise how to trim the video in GoPro Studio? I have been trying to figure it out without luck
2015-7-10
Use props
texmaster
lvl.1

United States

gregjetski2@yah Posted at 2014-10-9 07:59
Hello  -  what is the best video software for editing and adding sound ?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.   I have the AVS4U video editor and it crashes every time I try to edit.    I downloaded the Sony Eval and it also could not read the file.   The windows freeware was the same result.  The only thing that semi worked was uploading directly to youtube and using their editing software.     Is there another alternative?
2015-8-16
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.3

United Kingdom

whats wrong with Windows MovieMaker?  It's basic, easy and free!  Has a huge range of output options which is probably the most complicated part of it (just go for the highest res output).
2015-8-17
Use props
OGIS
New

United States

I have a quick question regarding the music that goes to this video:

I emailed the video owner, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwC5ukYclG2EvjIh6PGRZg but all he could tell me was that it was called "Dreamer" and came with the dji editor app. I know that it is probably just a stub of some computer generated elevator music, but I findit inspring for the writing I am doing, and would like to find the full musical piece.

Looking for "Dreamer" on YouTube and Google seems to be a dead end. Is there anyone on this forum that can help me track this down?

Many, many thanks,

OGIS

2016-2-3
Use props
Ufniy
New

United States

Hey, have you ever tried to use some free online services to edit your videos? As far as I know, there is a free mp4 editor called video grabber which has the ability to speed up/slow down, adjust video effects and so on. The only requirement is that you need to install a small launcher before using it. Another choice for you is the windows movie maker which is very practical video editor. Or you may try to use the free web service - wevideo. All of them are very easy to use.
2016-12-16
Use props
Techgeek321
lvl.1

India

I personally do not use any video editing software but I listen to that Adobe has the best video editing software. You can visit Geek Squad Support if you are facing any problem with the installation of software.
2018-8-23
Use props
imovieforwindow
New

India

Hey I wanted to download iMovie for Windows.

I found one link to  Free! Can anyone please check and say me is this good or bad?
2019-3-2
Use props
austin11
New

India

You can download latest imovie video editing software from our website :
2019-6-13
Use props
Yiliayoung
lvl.3

China

You can try Joyoshare video cutter to edit your videos, including change parameters, customize watermark, match subtitles, apply video and audio effects, trim, crop, rotate, flip, etc.

Or you can learn more online video editor no watermark to select one.
2019-11-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United States

lqqkup Posted at 2014-9-25 17:02
First off thank you for replying!!!!

Well I haven't worked up the money to get one of those darn expensive Mac units ;-) I would like one but the check book is screaming no right now :-(

Check out Davinci Resolve.
2019-11-27
Use props
SD_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

FCPX is an exceptional editing SW program.
2019-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules