Some winter scenes close to the arctic circle
2083 22 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Having the mavic for a couple of months and slowly learning all modes and I especially love the tripod mode which gives you the abillity to operate with cirurgical precision in the narrowest envirionments.  

I still have to learn a lot of flying "gentle" in other modes and I can't wait to next time I will be out there.

Here is a result from one test drive Click to watch.

Happy flying

2017-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice work flybee Virgin snow, good job..
2017-3-19
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-19 02:32
Nice work flybee Virgin snow, good job..

Thank you very much Hallmark, next time in sweden during the winter you should bring your family up north to see this, have a nice sunday
2017-3-19
Use props
MavicMule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6329 ft
United States

Fresh tracks!  Nice job
2017-3-19
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

MavicMule Posted at 2017-3-19 06:53
Fresh tracks!  Nice job

Thank you MavicMule.
2017-3-19
Use props
Sticks
lvl.2

United States

NIce; opening shot was a bit fast on the spin but you already knew that thank you for sharing over all very nice!
2017-3-21
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Sticks Posted at 2017-3-21 17:44
NIce; opening shot was a bit fast on the spin but you already knew that thank you for sharing over all very nice!

Hi and thank Sticks, yes you are right about the speed :-)
Have a great week
2017-3-22
Use props
fans5a20e200
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Nice Nice Nice
2017-3-24
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Thank you very much fans520e200
Happy flying
2017-3-24
Use props
Yokota85
lvl.2
Flight distance : 255430 ft
United States

nice video , spinning a little much but I enjoyed the rest, thanks for sharing
2017-3-24
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Yokota85 Posted at 2017-3-24 04:41
nice video , spinning a little much but I enjoyed the rest, thanks for sharing

Thank you Yokota85
2017-3-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great shooting. Really like your composition. We look forward to more.
2017-3-25
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

rodger Posted at 2017-3-25 01:18
Great shooting. Really like your composition. We look forward to more.

Thank you very much Rodger for your nice words

Happy flying
2017-3-25
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-3-25 06:43
Thank you very much Rodger for your nice words

Happy flying

Glad to see and hear that you are enjoying your new Quad.
2017-3-26
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Cool video!
2017-3-26
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

thank you very much rreindl
2017-3-26
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Very intriguing footage.. I've only just bought my phantom, however watching the videos on this forum (like yours) are showing me what I can do to take better and more interest footage.  Coming from a stills photography background its becoming obvious I can use similar strategies for video footage.  Love the low level scene.  Did you have the cam on fixed and AFC focusing?
Excellent Job.
2017-3-31
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-3-31 02:17
Very intriguing footage.. I've only just bought my phantom, however watching the videos on this forum (like yours) are showing me what I can do to take better and more interest footage.  Coming from a stills photography background its becoming obvious I can use similar strategies for video footage.  Love the low level scene.  Did you have the cam on fixed and AFC focusing?
Excellent Job.

First of all, thank you very much for your kind words, fill me with a lot of good energy and want me to become better since I'm kinda new to this also.

I don't know which Phantom you have. I had two different versions 3 4K and one Advanced but they where not the thing I expected, not stable enough for my kind of "stuff". No offence to anyone but flying on 120 meters above something can be nice but in the long run it's not for me we all have different tastes and background so I like mixing since i'm as a photographer "try to make storys" you have most likely heard that before as you also are a photographer.

With that approach in mind I tend to have an "overall" description of the "subject" cause I try to not limit my self to only one photo or one angle for footage. When I first read about the Mavic I basically got it for one reason and this is an intelligent flight mode that is called "tripod" which means that the Aircraft is going into a slower mode and fly slow and very stable (combined with gimble construction) you can do amazing stuff.

So to answer your question, NO it was not fixed I was flying in the Tripod mode in the "birches" section and along the frosen "river" don't know the English word for a small "river" so you have to forgive me for that translation. I have been testing all the modes since I read about them so I want to learn as much as possible to make the "best" footage ever. I want to know when I can/should use what.

If I where in your shoes I would practice a lot with the Phantom cause that one is also a great piece of moving camera but perhaps not suitable in all scenes. Then you can make up your mind along the discoverys you make.

I still don't know which version you have but the only thing I miss from my Phantoms is the possibillty to make slo mo since the Mavic can't produce good footage when you go above 30 fps. Plenty of threads about that issue.It can be fixed in post but that is NOT the same. I'm the lazy kind of guy and want to do as little post as possible.

AFC, Yes I did, I have tried the two methods of AF ie. "Tap" and the "CX button" on the remote and to be sure that I have things in focus I tend to like the CX button method better so far.

I promise you that if you go the Mavic way you will be happy. It still have some symptoms and strange behaviour but according to the "pros" here that will pass after a while when DJI have "fixed" the software which takes some time according to history.

Mine have so far behaved wonderful except that I have this "lower right corner" blurry thing which I think you might have read about if you are in this forum. So mine is actually in Netherlands at the moment, arrived this morning for some "corrections".   

I hope this was not to long and that it helps in your decision process somehow.

Meanwhile, may the light be with you and happy flying.
2017-3-31
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Flybee Posted at 2017-3-31 03:33
First of all, thank you very much for your kind words, fill me with a lot of good energy and want me to become better since I'm kinda new to this also.

I don't know which Phantom you have. I had two different versions 3 4K and one Advanced but they where not the thing I expected, not stable enough for my kind of "stuff". No offence to anyone but flying on 120 meters above something can be nice but in the long run it's not for me we all have different tastes and background so I like mixing since i'm as a photographer "try to make storys" you have most likely heard that before as you also are a photographer.

Just watched it again dude.. love the jumping with the music as you rotate the frame in the start (too busy enjoying it the first time).. so cool... kudos to you.  I now want to a) go skiing b) need to skill up on my video editing..
again kudos to you.  it's the little things coming together that make the big picture even bigger. (oh.. I like that.. remember you heard it here first..   )
2017-3-31
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-3-31 09:44
Just watched it again dude.. love the jumping with the music as you rotate the frame in the start (too busy enjoying it the first time).. so cool... kudos to you.  I now want to a) go skiing b) need to skill up on my video editing..
again kudos to you.  it's the little things coming together that make the big picture even bigger. (oh.. I like that.. remember you heard it here first..   )

I want to go skiing also good choice :-) I will remember it
2017-3-31
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-3-31 09:44
again kudos to you.  it's the little things coming together that make the big picture even bigger. (oh.. I like that.. remember you heard it here first..   )

I want to go skiing also good choice :-) I will remember it
2017-3-31
Use props
ReneeDexter01
New

United States

Thats a very good and cool shooting !! Very Nice .
2017-4-21
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

ReneeDexter01 Posted at 2017-4-21 03:50
Thats a very good and cool shooting !! Very Nice .

Thank you very much for your nice words.

Happy Flying
2017-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules