Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro 5GHz band Wi-Fi Issues
3977 12 2017-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexcannas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28038 ft
United Kingdom

Hello forum!!

I just got my new Mavic Pro Fly more bundle this weekend and have been playing with it to get to know it. Really excited about it. I updated to the latest firmware 1.03.0500, before doing anything else.

There is an issue I came across and could not resolve: using WiFi to control the drone. To cut to the chase, Wi-Fi works fine in 2.4GHz, but cannot see an SSID to connect to if I switch the settings in DGI Go ap to either 5G or Dual. I have tried to detect a signal using my phone (nexus 5), my tables (Galaxy Tab S2) and my PC (Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro). The phone and tablet see nothing in 5G mode. The PC does seem to pickup a very faint signal (sometimes).

The only way to get connection back to the Mavic, it to reset the Wi-Fi by holding the linking button for 5s which puts the mode back to 2.4GHz.

Anyone can shed some light on this? Could it be interference? Which channels does the Mavic Pro support in 5G? I do know that 36 to 48 are congested where I live.
Thanks!!
2017-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Alex, I'll help to report this to our engineers for review.
If we need any further information, I'll let you know.
2017-3-20
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-20 00:11
Hello Alex, I'll help to report this to our engineers for review.
If we need any further information, I'll let you know.

Thanks for that!!! Anything I can do to help let me know.
2017-3-20
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

It's been like this since day one. I think I reported it in the forums similarly. Good luck getting anywhere.
2017-3-20
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hmm... That means it's not just me. I'll double check later today using the PC and report back
2017-3-20
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

OK, I do have an update:

The issue appears not to be with the Mavic. It is with some Android devices, Nexus in particular! Apparently there were some FCC/EU regulations that for channels above 52 to 149 (correct me if I'm wrong), that the device must use DFS or Dynamic Frequency Selection. If it doesn't it will not show up on the network list. From my internet reading this appears to be Google's enforcement method, which is not legally necessary any more. My Mavic currently selects channel 149 and I can connect to it using my Windows 10 laptop (not useful though).

I guess if I take it somewhere without any other 5G networks it will switch to channel 36 and my phone/tablet will be able to see it.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

alexcannas Posted at 2017-3-20 13:17
OK, I do have an update:

The issue appears not to be with the Mavic. It is with some Android devices, Nexus in particular! Apparently there were some FCC/EU regulations that for channels above 52 to 149 (correct me if I'm wrong), that the device must use DFS or Dynamic Frequency Selection. If it doesn't it will not show up on the network list. From my internet reading this appears to be Google's enforcement method, which is not legally necessary any more. My Mavic currently selects channel 149 and I can connect to it using my Windows 10 laptop (not useful though).

Thank you for your update. :-)
2017-3-21
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Nice find. As all my devices are Android this would explain it. Thanks.
2017-3-21
Use props
alexcannas
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-3-21 08:23
Nice find. As all my devices are Android this would explain it. Thanks.

With that said, perhaps it would be helpful if there was an option in the DJI Go channel settings where you can select whether you want to use DFS channels or not. That may aid compatibility with older Android devices.

Just a thought...
2017-3-22
Use props
fans40263ca5
New

India

The oldest Yoga Institute in the world, founded by Swami Kuvalayananda. Yoga instructor course available with training and certification. Contact Now.

2017-5-5
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

get out of your yoga from here ..we are using drone levitation not human )
2017-5-5
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

alexcannas Posted at 2017-3-22 01:15
With that said, perhaps it would be helpful if there was an option in the DJI Go channel settings where you can select whether you want to use DFS channels or not. That may aid compatibility with older Android devices.

Just a thought...

We should be able to select custom channels vs letting the Mavic decide, for experienced people this could solve lots of drop outs due to traffic in our specific neighborhoods....
2017-5-5
Use props
james007
lvl.2
United States

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-5 21:39
We should be able to select custom channels vs letting the Mavic decide, for experienced people this could solve lots of drop outs due to traffic in our specific neighborhoods....

Any updates on this issue to date ??
2019-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules