Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spring flowers - Dartmoor UK - 2
1120 7 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

There have been a lot of videos recently flying high above the clouds, but you wont see the spring flowers from up there!  For those of us in the northern hemisphere it's time to get down low and fly at 1ft, not 10,000ft...

Flying smoothly at this height is more of a challenge then when up above the clouds; I could have done with tripod mode on the P4, and also narrow obstacle avoidance at low speed to allow the P4 to pass between the trees at the end...

Spring daffodils on the banks of the river Teign, Dartmoor, UK:

I didn't have any problems until I tried to get back home and made the mistake of following the satnav's guidance...  It doesn't seem to understand that I drive an MG, not a Land Rover and although Dartmoor has no mountains, that doesn't mean that it's roads are flat!  

2017-3-20
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

A constructive suggestion. Try a Polarizer, it will give you greater saturation and remove your reflections. Just a suggestion.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Nice job, thanks for sharing. I would agree that a polarizer or ND filter would improve bright shots like that.
2017-3-20
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

I liked the driving video as much as the flower meadow. That was almost a year ago. I wonder what it looks like now after the snow fall?
2018-3-3
Use props
Dale 68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice Video, You drive a MG what one? I have a TF
2018-3-3
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-3-3 08:51
I liked the driving video as much as the flower meadow. That was almost a year ago. I wonder what it looks like now after the snow fall?

For us, Storm Emma had 6" of snow, then freezing rain that coated everything in 1cm of ice, then wet rain, then a little more snow, and now it is raining and everything is melting.  No sun and not very nice outside, not suitable for photography even with waterproof cameras!  Also not suitable for snowmen or snowballs, the snow was powder that wouldn't stick together and the ice on top was dangerous for throwing.

Filmed this from inside the house on a Blueskysea B1W dashcam:

And these were last weekend from a Gitup F1 action cam:

2018-3-3
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dale 68 Posted at 2018-3-3 09:07
Nice Video, You drive a MG what one? I have a TF

ZS - no good for snow, the engine is too light to get any grip on the drive wheels, you would probably have done OK with your TF, although it is much easier to spin
2018-3-3
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Great timelapse, @Nigel_ ! I tried two over much the same period, (2pm till 6pm) and didn't have such spectacular results. I got so excited by such unexpected snow, I lost control of my Mavic, and had a long walk to find it! Roll on Springtime!
2018-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules