Lukappaseidue
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2537195 ft
  • >>>
Italy

hi everybody,
I am Luca from Italy.
New MAVIC user and new DJI user.
i need you help to understand what happened to me, (luckyly without damage) and now, I am scared about a strange behavior of my mavic.
This is what happened to me:
I am with: 1.03.500 RC and DRONE too and latest DJI GO 4 ANDROID version.
P. Mode (multi mode active by app)
I am using LANDING PAD.
Switched on RC, app (auto start on RC on) and DRONE.
VPS helps are all on
Waiting for satellites and want to try PRECISION AUTO TAKE OFF.
DJI GO 4 shown the windows and alter me that, for best result and best RTH, the Mavic will go up until 6 meters.
Ok I tick the message and swipe to auto take off.
The Mavic soon reach that height (6 meters) and stay in hoovering very stable.
Ok begin to fly .. but even thought any errors are shown, the MAVIC do  not respond to remote controller command. No throttle, up or down, no  left or right.
PANIC! What to do? I pushed the PAUSE button, but nothing, ... left  stick to down for more than second ... nothing ... the only thing that I  have been able to do was the landing command in DJI Go 4 app (the one  with the arrow pointed to down).
Soon after I remember (but I am not sure, if it happen in this case)  that the RC icon of the DJI GO 4 was blinking (It happen but I am not  sure that it happen in this situation)
So, landed. Switched eveything off, and my smartphone too. restart  everything and try again PRECISION AUTO TAKE OFF. ... and worked well,  but .... anyway  ... I am scared ... what it could be happened.
What I have to do (test)
I have uploaded all my few flights to DJI using DJI Go sync. (the issue was on 18 march 2017) with lucapatermo@libero.it  username
Please, help.                                                

2017-3-20
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

sounds like you controller was not connected to the drone.
2017-3-20
Use props
Luca Patermo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-3-20 05:36
sounds like you controller was not connected to the drone.

Thank you for your reply.
but I have never lost video on my smartphone display.
2017-3-20
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
United States

Luca Patermo Posted at 2017-3-20 06:33
Thank you for your reply.
but I have never lost video on my smartphone display.

you can have no connection with the transmitter to the mavic but still maintain your connection with the app they run on 2 different systems
2017-3-20
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-3-20 06:36
you can have no connection with the transmitter to the mavic but still maintain your connection with the app they run on 2 different systems

But the OP said he eventually landed it by hitting the Land button on the app. That command could not have been transmitted if the RC was disconnected from the Mavic.
2017-3-20
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
United States

Yes that can happen I have seen others post theat they have the same issue and had to rebind the tx to the mavic. You see the controler works on 2.4 ghz where as the app uses the occulink system. Although the the device is connected thru the controller that app is connected independantly.
2017-3-20
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
United States

I mean OcuSync
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure what happened, you can try to relink if you wish.
You have 5 flights on the 18th, what's the flight time, max altitude, and distance and I will review it to see if I see anything unusual.
2017-3-20
Use props
Luca Patermo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

I am not sure: i could be the 18-03-2017 (10:58:51) or 18-03-2017 (10:54:51)
dear Ken, have you seen something of unusual?
regards
Luca

anyway i Will try to rebind rc to drone.
But I am scared.
No warning message on APP.

2017-3-20
Use props
Luca Patermo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Italy

Dji-Ken any news?
What i have to do?
2017-3-21
Use props
fansc0fb4145
lvl.3
Flight distance : 521627 ft
Germany

How many GPS/Glonass satellites did you connect to before takeoff?
2017-3-30
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

I don't think GPS or satellites matter at that time since OP said there was no response from RC except from app.
2017-3-30
Use props
fans584c8b58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 362352 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Bind you controller again. And never use this kind of automatic start or landing function :-)
2017-6-4
Use props
Pitando
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68284 ft
Réunion

fans584c8b58 Posted at 2017-6-4 12:44
Bind you controller again. And never use this kind of automatic start or landing function :-)

so why the hell i buy a 1K drone if i cannot use all functions????
2017-6-4
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

make sure everything is connected, take your time on checking everything.  maybe just a small glitch.  no worries and start over again.
2017-6-4
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-3-20 07:54
Yes that can happen I have seen others post theat they have the same issue and had to rebind the tx to the mavic. You see the controler works on 2.4 ghz where as the app uses the occulink system. Although the the device is connected thru the controller that app is connected independantly.

The phone / app does not transmit any signal directly to the aircraft . It sends signals to the RC to send to the Mavic .

Your display device does not have a 2.4 or Ocusync TX built in to it .
2017-6-4
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

I always do a Pre Fligh Check like real pilots. To make sure I have control.
2017-6-5
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

In P Mode just hit Right Stick all the way right and left you can see that camera and proppellers adjust left and right. Then always Launch by inverting the sticks inwards that gives you throttle but it won't take off. Then you can add throttle until you take off.

Also your description of evens was very detailed and you left out Compass Calibrations. It's a Key watt tell if you controller and Drone are ready to fly.
2017-6-5
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-6-4 13:51
The phone / app does not transmit any signal directly to the aircraft . It sends signals to the RC to send to the Mavic .

Your display device does not have a 2.4 or Ocusync TX built in to it .

I know that, but the phone uses a different signal than the rc. Yes the phone does it thru the rc but you can loose signal with the phone or the tx and have control via the other.  

no signal to phone but signal to the tx

signal to the rx but not your phone
2017-6-5
Use props
Nifty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80138 ft
United States

I have also been having issues with my mavic losing/complaining about weak RC signal but it usually happens around the 1000-1200ft mark.
2017-6-5
Use props
Nifty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80138 ft
United States

I have also been having issues with my mavic losing/complaining about weak RC signal but it usually happens around the 1000-1200ft mark.
2017-6-5
Use props
zigomatic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177297 ft
Belgium

Hello,  I'm new as well and my experience is the same BUT read the step 5 !
My procedure was
1. update to last firmware via assistant2 to .800 (latest on this date) + Compass calibration, stick calibration before fly
2. check list before fly complete, gps OK, RTH set etc.
3. All was green, satellite 15,  mode beginner , camera response from the RC (button C1, C2) and also the button with 4 directions on the right of the display.
4. Ok so I'm confident, I do takeoff via smartphone. The drone is going up to 1,2 m then I try the stick : No Response !!!!  ough... It was a bit stress... During 2min , I'm thinking how to land... I do finally auto landing and it does. If you shutdown the RC , this not work... The drone stay on air even... strange because I set to return to home...  
5. I do manual takeoff via the 2 stick procedure and the drone have response to that ! .... so I was able to do a manual Takeoff and fly (I didn't do more than 1m and I stop) I was not confident at all after first experience.

2017-6-13
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

jreynolds5 Posted at 2017-6-5 04:44
I know that, but the phone uses a different signal than the rc. Yes the phone does it thru the rc but you can loose signal with the phone or the tx and have control via the other.  

no signal to phone but signal to the tx

no. that is not correct.@topic, sounds somehow like joystick mode.
next time try the RTH button on your remote or switch to sports mode.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules