Forward facing camera calibration
1276 12 2017-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc94c42ca
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

My DJI Go 4 app gave a system error message that said I needed to calibrate the Forward Facing Cameras on my Mavic Pro. I tried the tutorial about 5 times doing the square motion. Each time after several minutes it said that the calibration failed. Is there a solution to this?
2017-3-20
Use props
The Boatman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103750 ft
United Kingdom

I had this problem in go4 app. also could not calibrate in dji assistant as calibrate button will not activate. if you watch demo of calibration where you hold drone in position and just tilt up & down & left & right in dji assistant apply same method in go4 app. it worked for me, Good luck
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you get any error code from DJI Assistant?
If convenient, please post a screenshot of the error message here.
Besides, what's your current firmware version?
2017-3-21
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

What OS is your computer running? I found that Windows 7 just refuse to work. my suggestion is run Window 10 with the latest update of DJI Assisstant. (I have no idea on iOS )
2017-3-21
Use props
The Boatman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103750 ft
United Kingdom

running dji assistant in windows 10 I can open app have refreshed firmware to latest. have watched 3 steps of calibration but calibration button will not function.have tried many times. sometimes it says to reboot aircraft other times a small revolving circle appears to the side.have turned off signature authentication.
2017-3-21
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Boatman Posted at 2017-3-21 04:19
running dji assistant in windows 10 I can open app have refreshed firmware to latest. have watched 3 steps of calibration but calibration button will not function.have tried many times. sometimes it says to reboot aircraft other times a small revolving circle appears to the side.have turned off signature authentication.

There are some video screen requirements also for the Win version of DJI Assistant 2. For on-screen calibration to sart, you must have a single monitor configuration in landscape orientation (no dual or multi-monitors setups supported) and the screen resoution must be 1600 x 900 or lower because of the calibration dots, etc...

In the Windows version, it uses the Vision (Interface 3) driver that shows in device manager as the libusb-win32 devices. You can look in Device Manager at it's properties and ensure the device status is "working properly". If it states otherwise, then run the Installer_x64 or Installer_x86 (located in C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers\Vision) as appropriate for your system and then reboot everything and try again.
2017-3-21
Use props
fans087087b4
New
Flight distance : 40404 ft
United States

I installed the Assistant 2 on a Windows 10 machine.  Did the calibration but it hung at 85%.  Installed on a Windows7 machine and the usb kept disconnecting.  Installed on a Mac.. it worked like a charm

2017-3-21
Use props
fansc94c42ca
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-21 02:37
Did you get any error code from DJI Assistant?
If convenient, please post a screenshot of the error message here.
Besides, what's your current firmware version?

Hi Mindy
No, I'm not using DJI Assistant. I am using DJIgo4 app on iPhone6
2017-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansc94c42ca Posted at 2017-3-25 18:43
Hi Mindy
No, I'm not using DJI Assistant. I am using DJIgo4 app on iPhone6

Could you please post a screenshot of the error message here?
2017-3-27
Use props
fansc94c42ca
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

OK
IMG_0237.PNG
IMG_0236.PNG
2017-4-15
Use props
fansc94c42ca
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

I've tried this Calibration about 10 times with "fail". I tried with iPhone6 and Android phone. I tried also after updating firmware
2017-4-15
Use props
fansc94c42ca
lvl.1
Trinidad and Tobago

Now I feel like an idiot. I was holding the camera parallel to the ground because the instruction said "aircraft facing forward". In truth, they should have said: "Forward Camera pointing to the ground" Because as far as I am concerned, aircraft facing forward means where the camera is pointing, not the top of the aircraft. SO the really, the graphic is correct. The worded instruction is incorrect.
2017-4-15
Use props
JAY45
New
Australia

i am having this same error its quite frustrating just doing firmware upgrade hope this works any ideas folks
2017-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules