That's why I rented one from Fat Lama to see if it was worth buying one
2017-4-3
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-24 11:54
Yes its been received today and if that was anything to do with you thanks but lets see what happens now.

replacement Mavic is on its way and will be delivered on the 5th so just over 3 weeks for the process so if they could eliminate the week it takes to move from the loading bay to the correct department this would be a decent turn around.
2017-4-3
Use props
crg502
lvl.1
Flight distance : 476791 ft
United States

Range30 Posted at 2017-3-20 23:03
From what I understand is that the U.S. California Attorney General will be intervening soon from all the complaints. False Advertising and Unfair Business Practices. Which a class action law suit will soon follow. Can anyone verify this? I've read other forums related to DJI. Kinda make sense since I haven't received my package since I placed​ my order March 2nd. Today's date is March 21st. Another thing I heard is that DJI is sending out empty boxes to soon cancel the shipment not the order but only the shipment to be sent back to their dJI facility. These are speculations. From what I also understand is that there will soon be a GOFUND ME page for lawyer fees related to this possible law suit because DJI isn't only fulfilling orders, but is also keeping our money which they aren't a financial institution and coming up with lame excuses of why they're holding our funds related to their DJI policy.  Does anyone know of this? Is there anyone who will be on board for this suit?

I loved my first Phantom 3Pro, but I had a crash due to a defective DJI propeller last July. DJI told me to ship it back to them, but I was fortunate to find the camera and broken gimbal. Prior to using four brand new DJI propellers, I had been using carbon fiber props, but that day I had accidentally left them in my SUV back at my friend's home. I did not over tighten the props, but apparently one of the propellers split right on the hub just about ten or fifteen seconds before my Phantom would have safely landed.
So, screwed I was by DJI because I had to replace the entire camera and gimbal. Now, I am at their mercy again. Wonderfyl drone if everything is working as it should.
2017-4-4
Use props
fans2ea94f39
New
Flight distance : 370377 ft
United States

I wanted to give my experience as well. I too have an ongoing issue with DJI and refresh on my drone. Due to a malfunction on the drone, it went down over water. Thats fine, It is a technology so they fail every now and then.  But I have been given the run around. The case was opened on March 17th which the guy said 5-7 business days once recieved. I keep being told by reps to wait for an invoice and I will get one in 24-48 ours but it never comes.
Original Rep 3-17-2017 (ETA is 5-7 business days).
Rep A 3-27-2017 2-3 business days.
Rep B 4-3-2017 (Spoke to 2 different reps because of a disconnection and one said 24-48 hours and one said they would make sure I had an email within 24 hours and that my case had been escalated to a supervisor for fast processing.
Rep C 4-4-2017 (still no email came 24 hours later, so I contacted again)  I got the response of 24-48 hours again.

It's as if they just copy and paste the same responses over and over. I'm sick of getting the run around. But it looks like there are several others in this same position. I hate to see such a phenomenal product tainted with such horrible customer/technical service.
2017-4-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans2ea94f39 Posted at 2017-4-4 19:13
I wanted to give my experience as well. I too have an ongoing issue with DJI and refresh on my drone. Due to a malfunction on the drone, it went down over water. Thats fine, It is a technology so they fail every now and then.  But I have been given the run around. The case was opened on March 17th which the guy said 5-7 business days once recieved. I keep being told by reps to wait for an invoice and I will get one in 24-48 ours but it never comes.
Original Rep 3-17-2017 (ETA is 5-7 business days).
Rep A 3-27-2017 2-3 business days.

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
Could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into it.
2017-4-4
Use props
Unbelievable
New
United States

I'LL give you a great price.   It isn't ANA, it's everyone.   This is a virtual company w/out any useful supprt.   I think that you are expecting way too much to think that you might get anything more than a bill.    Support & answers are not part of the deal
2017-4-5
Use props
Unbelievable
New
United States

I'll give you a really good price!    It is a virtual company
2017-4-5
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

WE NEED TO SUE DJI FOR ALL OF THEIR FALSE AND CRIMINAL CLAIMS OF THEIR PRODUCTS!
2018-1-7
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

From what I understand is that the U.S. California Attorney General will be intervening soon from all the complaints. False Advertising and Unfair Business Practices. Which a class action law suit will soon follow. Can anyone verify this? I've read other forums related to DJI. Kinda make sense since I haven't received my package since I placed​ my order March 2nd. Today's date is March 21st. Another thing I heard is that DJI is sending out empty boxes to soon cancel the shipment not the order but only the shipment to be sent back to their dJI facility. These are speculations. From what I also understand is that there will soon be a GOFUND ME page for lawyer fees related to this possible law suit because DJI isn't only fulfilling orders, but is also keeping our money which they aren't a financial institution and coming up with lame excuses of why they're holding our funds related to their DJI policy.  Does anyone know of this? Is there anyone who will be on board for this suit?

WE NEED TO SUE DJI FOR ALL OF THEIR FALSE AND CRIMINAL CLAIMS OF THEIR PRODUCTS!
2018-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-1-7 16:20

What are all those false criminal claims of there products?
2018-1-7
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-7 16:53

I certainly want to know that too..!
2018-1-7
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

From what I understand is that the U.S. California Attorney General will be intervening soon from all the complaints. False Advertising and Unfair Business Practices. Which a class action law suit will soon follow. Can anyone verify this? I've read other forums related to DJI. Kinda make sense since I haven't received my package since I placed​ my order March 2nd. Today's date is March 21st. Another thing I heard is that DJI is sending out empty boxes to soon cancel the shipment not the order but only the shipment to be sent back to their dJI facility. These are speculations. From what I also understand is that there will soon be a GOFUND ME page for lawyer fees related to this possible law suit because DJI isn't only fulfilling orders, but is also keeping our money which they aren't a financial institution and coming up with lame excuses of why they're holding our funds related to their DJI policy.  Does anyone know of this? Is there anyone who will be on board for this suit?

Do you have anymore info on if and when a Law suite may happen ?? We have really had some issues with that Place Flat out Lies...We have audio recordings as well as emails
2018-1-13
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-3-22 06:45
The problem is there is nothing to sue DJI for.  As stated the last 150 times a thread like this has been created over the past years, you have no damages.  You do not have to buy from DJI.  You do not have to agree to their policies.  You have no damages related to not receiving communication regarding your repair.  You have no real business related damages from not having your drone (FYI, the answer of "yes I do because I couldn't use it" doesn't fly in court - it's your responsibility as a business owner to have a backup and insurance).   

In short, there is no lawsuit forming and there is no basis for one.  The GOFUND ME rumor is new though, I like that one.  I hope we see that again the next time this thread is created in a few months.

You would not make a Good Lawyer! Yes Any of us that has been lied to or tricked by DJI to buy their products have a case against them! if you go to Walmart and buy a 2 dollar pair of Sun Glasses and they have a warranty and they break or don't fit you, if they claim that! and they refuse to refund or replace their product YOU HAVE A GOOD COURT CASE !! I am surprised that you have so much info on a Product that you have little or no flight time on! those of us that use these DJI Products daily know what we are talking about when it comes to DJI'S POOR SERVICE!!! and poor Quality Control. Not trying to beat you up here, just my Opinion..Have a great Day
2018-1-13
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-1-13 14:07
You would not make a Good Lawyer! Yes Any of us that has been lied to or tricked by DJI to buy their products have a case against them! if you go to Walmart and buy a 2 dollar pair of Sun Glasses and they have a warranty and they break or don't fit you, if they claim that! and they refuse to refund or replace their product YOU HAVE A GOOD COURT CASE !! I am surprised that you have so much info on a Product that you have little or no flight time on! those of us that use these DJI Products daily know what we are talking about when it comes to DJI'S POOR SERVICE!!! and poor Quality Control. Not trying to beat you up here, just my Opinion..Have a great Day

Just my 2 cents. I needed to say some positive things here folks .
I had sent mine into DJI about a year ago and got great support from them all on this site, they kept me well updated of repair process. They even call ME a few times giving me updates. I never had to call them once. I got my mavic back in the 3 weeks they said,  and even better then I thought it was going to come back. I fly every chance I get  and love there products and this forum too! It’s a wealth of knowledge here that  I’m also sure no other companies offer either.
I’ve sent other electronic products I own in for repairs and took just as long , with no web support options, always got a voicemail calling, they would never return a call back from message I had left. I think DJI and there products and support are great in my opinion and experience. The moderators and admins in here are real people and great! Thank you DJI
2018-1-13
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2018-1-13 16:48
I had sent mine into DJI about a year ago and got great support from them all on this site, they kept me well updated of repair process. They even call ME a few times giving me updates. I never had to call them once. I got my mavic back in the 3 weeks they said,  and even better then I thought it was going to come back. I fly every chance I get  and love there products and this forum too! It’s a wealth of knowledge here that  I’m also sure no other companies offer either.
I’ve sent other electronic products I own in for repairs and took just as long , with no web support options, always got a voicemail calling, they would never return a call back from message I had left. I think DJI and there products and support are great in my opinion and experience. The moderators and admins in here are real people and great! Thank you DJI

Wonderful reading..!
Really nice to read something other than all the angry comments. However, I live somewhere else on the globe, where the guidelines for warranty are different from those in the US - as far as I can understand.

In my country, consumers are protected by law by a so-called "right of complaint" that applies for two years from the date of purchase. It will be too much to explain in depth, but we Danes are well protected.
2018-1-13
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-13 17:21
Wonderful reading..!
Really nice to read something other than all the angry comments. However, I live somewhere else on the globe, where the guidelines for warranty are different from those in the US - as far as I can understand.

Mind if I ask about the cost of those protections? For instance, does it at all reduce your access to items? Do you have less choices of products or do you pay more? If I sell a product with a 90 day warranty in your country does it automatically become a 2 year warranty? Does the "right of complain" generally end in the company losing the argument?

There has to be a balance of course. Companies have to be held accountable for their product just as consumers need to be held accountable for their proper use of the product. But I wonder, do companies just choose not to offer their product in your country or up the price to sell if the protections are too much to the other side? Maybe the cost to sell into restricted markets can be absorbed in global sales.

For my part, with DJI hosting this forum for discussions and having real, live, and intelligent moderators helping with issues, I'm finding it difficult to fault DJI's service. I just had a drone replaced. I still have an open issue with them but I feel they are doing their jobs pretty darned well. They have processes they built into their system avoid all sorts of other problems. These processes may add time but I bet they reduce instances of lost drones, misdirected returns and other maladies of mismanaged logistics.

I'm pretty satisfied with the repair/replace process. Don't ask me about software and confidence my drone will return home from a flight. That's a different story and my complaint here is not just with DJI.
2018-1-13
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Kevin_d Posted at 2018-1-13 18:01
Mind if I ask about the cost of those protections? For instance, does it at all reduce your access to items? Do you have less choices of products or do you pay more? If I sell a product with a 90 day warranty in your country does it automatically become a 2 year warranty? Does the "right of complain" generally end in the company losing the argument?

There has to be a balance of course. Companies have to be held accountable for their product just as consumers need to be held accountable for their proper use of the product. But I wonder, do companies just choose not to offer their product in your country or up the price to sell if the protections are too much to the other side? Maybe the cost to sell into restricted markets can be absorbed in global sales.

Very well put !   After all with a 1500$ product and a whole world of folks out there who try to pull a fast one over on the man , there definitely needs to be a system in place to protect a company. If they want to be meticulous about receiving repairs,  logging in, photos , all proof of what they receive and how they receive it to cover there buts , thats great and deserve that right. The same way some of us may open and unpackage expensive good we purchase on video as our proof if something arrives broken. It’s not a 5$ cord that broke in a day , that you can call the manufacturer and they can just say ok we will send a new 1 out and when you receive it put broke 1 in send back at your convenience.  I think people just need to be a bit more patient and understanding. After all, these products are highly advanced and sophisticated. New in market ,  we are learning , they are learning, it is what it is. At the end of the day, they are so bad ass , they can’t keep them in stock or on shelf’s , everybody wants 1 , every usually crashes at least once. This isn’t McDonalds and you can’t always have it your way. Cheers DJI and your bad ass products and awesome forum!!!
2018-1-13
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

I don't mind you asking but as i wrote it will be too much for me to explain.
I can however share a link to a danish website that explain the most important things. Eg. that there is a big difference between the actual "warranty" and the concept of "right of claim". You must try out with google translate if the site interests you.

https://taenk.dk/raadgivning-og- ... t-10-vigtige-regler
2018-1-13
Use props
web_parrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-1-13 14:07
You would not make a Good Lawyer! Yes Any of us that has been lied to or tricked by DJI to buy their products have a case against them! if you go to Walmart and buy a 2 dollar pair of Sun Glasses and they have a warranty and they break or don't fit you, if they claim that! and they refuse to refund or replace their product YOU HAVE A GOOD COURT CASE !! I am surprised that you have so much info on a Product that you have little or no flight time on! those of us that use these DJI Products daily know what we are talking about when it comes to DJI'S POOR SERVICE!!! and poor Quality Control. Not trying to beat you up here, just my Opinion..Have a great Day

Perhaps you should use you legal expertise and file a lawsuit.   I see you have multiple DJI products.  You must have been a satisfied customer at some point (to have been a repeat purchaser), so please be "specific" and share with the forum your specific experiences, and how you've attempted to resolve them before threatening lawsuits.
2018-1-14
Use props
realdeal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37680 ft
France

every owner will need to repair and replace a drone almost often, if they actually fly it.

Class action at classaction.org
2018-1-26
Use props
Jase’s toy Time
lvl.1

United States

I want to purchase a DJI drone online they debited my account took my $1500 I never received a drone for my refundOrdered street from DJI.com
2018-2-24
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

So why are there several AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTERS IN THE UNITED STATES! but DJI only want's you to send in your Product to Ca.... WHY IS THAT???
2018-2-24
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2018-1-13 18:39
Very well put !   After all with a 1500$ product and a whole world of folks out there who try to pull a fast one over on the man , there definitely needs to be a system in place to protect a company. If they want to be meticulous about receiving repairs,  logging in, photos , all proof of what they receive and how they receive it to cover there buts , thats great and deserve that right. The same way some of us may open and unpackage expensive good we purchase on video as our proof if something arrives broken. It’s not a 5$ cord that broke in a day , that you can call the manufacturer and they can just say ok we will send a new 1 out and when you receive it put broke 1 in send back at your convenience.  I think people just need to be a bit more patient and understanding. After all, these products are highly advanced and sophisticated. New in market ,  we are learning , they are learning, it is what it is. At the end of the day, they are so bad ass , they can’t keep them in stock or on shelf’s , everybody wants 1 , every usually crashes at least once. This isn’t McDonalds and you can’t always have it your way. Cheers DJI and your bad ass products and awesome forum!!!

Not a bad answer who has barely flown this product.....
2018-2-24
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 2018-1-13 16:48
I had sent mine into DJI about a year ago and got great support from them all on this site, they kept me well updated of repair process. They even call ME a few times giving me updates. I never had to call them once. I got my mavic back in the 3 weeks they said,  and even better then I thought it was going to come back. I fly every chance I get  and love there products and this forum too! It’s a wealth of knowledge here that  I’m also sure no other companies offer either.

So why are there several AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTERS IN THE UNITED STATES! but DJI only want's you to send in your Product to Ca.... WHY IS THAT???

2018-2-24
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-7 16:53

2018-2-24
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-22 09:33
Your Mavic was received into logistics yesterday. Again, you need to understand that when a delivery truck drops off at one of the loading docks it takes several days for all the packages to be received in.

LOL Several Days after it's Dropped Off??? Are you folks Bigger than APPLE ??
2018-2-24
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-2-24 17:31
LOL Several Days after it's Dropped Off??? Are you folks Bigger than APPLE ??

No. They are quite small. That’s why it takes a while.
2018-2-24
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-23 10:46
It can take several days from when the UPS truck drops off packages and for them to be received into logistics and then moved to the correct departments.

Why do we see many many DJI Authorized Dealers and Repair Stores, yet DJI only want's you to send your Products into Ca... What's really going on!!
2018-2-25
Use props
djiuser_B3NvpzfCCAvI
New

United States

I have been waiting 3 weeks for DJI to explain why my order #0018019990849 required a signature originally supposed to deliver 3/29 per FedEx, then rescheduled for delivery on 4/1 with adult signature required per FedEx, then on 4/1 FedEx tracking info states that it was delivered on 3/29 with no signature required. This is completely unacceptable, this was a very expensive drone, and was intended to be used for business purposes. Instead, I will insure DJI never receives my business again, and that I receive my money back. Could someone explain to me how I have a package delivered on 3/29 at 3pm but it also arrives in GA that evening at 11pm? Absolutely ridiculous, I will go so far out of my way to make this a problem, even if it is only for 1 single employee at DJI.
2019-4-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

djiuser_B3NvpzfCCAvI Posted at 4-9 10:59
I have been waiting 3 weeks for DJI to explain why my order #0018019990849 required a signature originally supposed to deliver 3/29 per FedEx, then rescheduled for delivery on 4/1 with adult signature required per FedEx, then on 4/1 FedEx tracking info states that it was delivered on 3/29 with no signature required. This is completely unacceptable, this was a very expensive drone, and was intended to be used for business purposes. Instead, I will insure DJI never receives my business again, and that I receive my money back. Could someone explain to me how I have a package delivered on 3/29 at 3pm but it also arrives in GA that evening at 11pm? Absolutely ridiculous, I will go so far out of my way to make this a problem, even if it is only for 1 single employee at DJI.

You might want to contact your local Fedex office. One thing is for certain dji only send out packages that requir3 adult signature, so it looks like you won’t be doing any business with Fedex not dji .
2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules