Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What parts from Phantom 3 can be used with Phantom 2?
3665 5 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobOnSamui
lvl.1

Thailand

I've spent a long while trying to work this one out and spent several days hunting through the forums here.
I'm a comparative noob and after a bad crash needed to try to get a number of parts for the repair of my V2+. And P2 parts are hard to find.

Anyone know if there is a post, or a chart, or database, where there's a listing of what P3 parts can be used with the P2 series?

I'm thinking along the lines of . . .. can I use the, say, motors from the P3 on my P2?  And then if the ESCs are also changed to match the motors, will this combo work on the P2 without more changes or mods? Or - can I use the P3 compass on my P2?

Anyone know if there's info on this subject - using P3 parts on a P2?

2017-3-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I suspect your problem is you are not typing in the correct name for your aircraft.  Your aircraft is called a "Phantom 2 Vision Plus" or "P2V+" for short.  If you try to search under a different name, you will have a very hard time finding parts.  

I have no problem finding motors and ESCs and compasses for my P2V / P2V+ aircrafts.

P3 ESCs are part of the center board - you can't get them separately.  

Hope this helps.  
2017-3-21
Use props
RobOnSamui
lvl.1

Thailand

Thanks Mark. Problem is that I'm not in America, so a $20 part costs me $80 when mailed abroad (IF I can find an international seller) - because I live outside of USA.

As P2 parts are getting scarcer, it means looking for alternatives other than buying direct from DJI.

(Even the DJI agents in different parts of the world are crazy expensive. To replace 4 ESCs and match them to new/upgraded motors on my P2V+ I was quoted close to $500 over here in Thailand at the DJI main dealer.)

So I was wondering if some of the P3 parts might be interchangeable. Seems not . . .

2017-3-21
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The only part(s) i know that is interchangeable between the P2 and the P3 is the USB cable. Even though the props fit, they will not work as the P3 has active braking motors and this may cause a crash if the props come off. The P3 is a whole different monster.
2017-3-23
Use props
RobOnSamui
lvl.1

Thailand

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-3-23 21:48
The only part(s) i know that is interchangeable between the P2 and the P3 is the USB cable. Even though the props fit, they will not work as the P3 has active braking motors and this may cause a crash if the props come off. The P3 is a whole different monster.

Thanks!
my post is too short so I have to write this too.

2017-3-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

P3 props will work fine on a P2 series.  But you can't (shouldn't) use P2 series props on a P3  unless they are P2V+ V3 (composite hub) props.  
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules