New Firmware for the Osmo Mobile has been Released! (v1.5.0.70)
27500 23 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Osmo Mobile Release Notes:
  • Date : 2017.03.21
  • Firmware : v1.5.0.70
  • DJI GO App iOS : v3.1.5
  • DJI GO App Android : v3.1.3

What’s New?
  • Added ActiveTrack support for Filmic.
  • Shortened time for Osmo Mobile to wake up from Sleep Mode.
  • Fixed occasional issue of motors making noise when recording with some models of mobile phone.

Notes:
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart Osmo Mobile and DJI GO, and retry.
  • The Osmo handle still can be used with the Zenmuse X3/X5/X5R/Z3 cameras after updating to this firmware version.

2017-3-21
Use props
fansea1018ae
New

Finland

Hi, i just upgrade my osmo mobile but it is now stop working, it seems connected but the gimbal is not responding and im in need of my osmo mobile now i tried delete and reinstall but no good news
2017-3-21
Use props
fansea1018ae
New

Finland

fansea1018ae Posted at 2017-3-21 07:24
Hi, i just upgrade my osmo mobile but it is now stop working, it seems connected but the gimbal is not responding and im in need of my osmo mobile now i tried delete and reinstall but no good news

https://youtu.be/WT7tgr6jYx8

This is the video showing that it is not working
2017-3-21
Use props
fans44ba453b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 372044 ft
Canada

I too have an unresponsive gimbal after firmware update. I get a solid yellow led on the left and right has flashing green at power on.  Left led goes off and right goes to solid green. I am going on a family vacation in the morning and now I have this happen. It was working fine  prior to the update.
2017-3-21
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
India

fans44ba453b Posted at 2017-3-21 22:42
I too have an unresponsive gimbal after firmware update. I get a solid yellow led on the left and right has flashing green at power on.  Left led goes off and right goes to solid green. I am going on a family vacation in the morning and now I have this happen. It was working fine  prior to the update.

Hi,Just connect the gimbal to ur phone .Try restarting ur mobile and even thw gimbal.Hope u did not have any intreption during update.It worked fine for me.
2017-3-21
Use props
b0n3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Yesterday updated my Osmo Mobile, at first glance everything works fine )
2017-3-22
Use props
fansea1018ae
New

Finland

udaykn05 Posted at 2017-3-21 23:12
Hi,Just connect the gimbal to ur phone .Try restarting ur mobile and even thw gimbal.Hope u did not have any intreption during update.It worked fine for me.

Hi,

Thanks for replying, i did it all, restart the phone, the gimbal, redownload DJI Go Ap but nothing happened, i've downloaded it 100% at 70% battery at gimbal usually if you mount the phone and turned it on the gimbal should be responsive not on this case any advise?
2017-3-22
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

Upgrade was successful for me, but how do you engage Activetrack in Filmic Pro v6?
2017-3-22
Use props
young-nyc 3
lvl.4
United States

Yes how do you activate active track on filmic pro? Or is an update being released for filmic pro?
2017-3-22
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
India

fansea1018ae Posted at 2017-3-22 09:00
Hi,

Thanks for replying, i did it all, restart the phone, the gimbal, redownload DJI Go Ap but nothing happened, i've downloaded it 100% at 70% battery at gimbal usually if you mount the phone and turned it on the gimbal should be responsive not on this case any advise?

Well this seems to be a major issue then.Try getting into a chat with DJI support.Hope they can help u out

http://www.dji.com/support/product

2017-3-22
Use props
fansea1018ae
New

Finland

udaykn05 Posted at 2017-3-22 21:08
Well this seems to be a major issue then.Try getting into a chat with DJI support.Hope they can help u out

http://www.dji.com/support/product

Yes bro they told me to return the product... Sadly im in holiday and i bought it for this holiday
2017-3-22
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
India

fansea1018ae Posted at 2017-3-22 21:33
Yes bro they told me to return the product... Sadly im in holiday and i bought it for this holiday

Well that's Sad as this is really an awesome stuff to carry along with you on Holidays.Ny ways Njoy your holidays.
2017-3-22
Use props
young-nyc 3
lvl.4
United States

it's always good practice when updating to put your iphone on airplane mode so that the update does not get interrupted.
hope it all works out.
2017-3-23
Use props
fjmoran_cl
New
Chile

jeffbake Posted at 2017-3-22 11:12
Upgrade was successful for me, but how do you engage Activetrack in Filmic Pro v6?

I also would like to know how.
2017-3-23
Use props
calmplex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20922 ft
  • >>>
United States

fjmoran_cl Posted at 2017-3-23 07:25
I also would like to know how.

FYI for everyone... got this on Twitter. https://twitter.com/calmplex/status/844960333307400192
2017-3-23
Use props
young-nyc 3
lvl.4
United States

YUP looks like Filmic app has to be updated to allow Active Track, we should be seeing an update soon.
2017-3-23
Use props
livescifi
New
United States

any chance you can add live chat and comments to the youtube app..it would be great to be able to interact with fans during the live broadcasts. - the youtube app ios app has it however it would be great to have that integrated with the osmo mobile app
2017-3-24
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

young-nyc 3 Posted at 2017-3-23 14:53
YUP looks like Filmic app has to be updated to allow Active Track, we should be seeing an update soon.

I spoke with Filmic Pro and they have the SDK to implement active track but it I will be in a future update....
I did try cycling through the currently implemented modes on filmicpro and the joystick ISO control feature is pretty cool. Even though you do loose the ability to move the gimbal via the joystick in that mode I was still to keep the camera where I wanted it just twisting my wrist carefully..
2017-3-25
Use props
cesar272
New
Peru

Thanks for the video!
2017-4-3
Use props
fans4a530e07
lvl.2

Singapore

Wish the updates include 4K recording for Xperia Z5 Premium. Too bad it is still 1080p.
2017-4-7
Use props
diapris
New

United States

Hi! I'm new to DJI/osmo and I'd appreciate if you can help me answer a timely concern.
I want to buy an Osmo mobile to help me correct some stability issues while filming with an iphone, but I'm not sure if it will work for what I need.
I'll be using it to stream facebook live interviews... I'll need to add a small light to the mount (like the one from the link below). Would I be able to add this light to the mount? If so would I need an extra attachement for the Osmo mobile?
Also, if I don't use the DJI app for my facebook live, would I still be able to get the stability features using the facebook app to go live?

Thank you in advance for your response!

https://www.amazon.com/Godox-Con ... E2TKX8VR4A340F2S37M
2017-4-10
Use props
fans0ef21ad4
lvl.1
United States

Hello, how do we get Active Track on Filmic Pro to work?  I have been looking for that feature but unable to locate it.  Also, why does it say we can the Zenmuse cameras on this update?  I thought the handle for Mobile was locked.  Thanks!
2017-5-17
Use props
Tobias78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 522379 ft
Germany

Hi there!

Since there is no option yet in the FiLMiC Pro App to engage ActiveTrack I inquired with FiLMiC.

They replied today:

"DJI did indeed enable the Active Track API for us back in March, but it has not been working properly and we've been unable to progress this any further until we are able to work with DJI to find out what the issue with the firmware is."

Hope DJI and FiLMiC solve that soon. Thanks!
2017-7-27
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9944 ft

Unexpectet tread to see info regarding firmware upgrade. I've tried to find it in announcements.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules