5247 24 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speeder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491732 ft
New Zealand

Hi,

Ok this topic will be a full complain about this useless app which is ALWAYS resetting my settings !
So let me explain you, today I have done a 30kms hike and flew at the beginning with the drone, everything was fine. At the end I've done some few shots on picture mod (same as the morning) BUT I had a very nice surprise right now when I'm editing my pictures because the last few shots at the end where saved as a F*^&% .JPEG

As you can see the picture is f&*%^&# ugly and mushy, and not usable at all for editing !
Jpeg file (Don't be shy to "view the picture" and zoom in

And a DNG file :

So please DJI lazy software team, do something about that because I have to check at EVERY flight if the settings are alright !

2017-3-21
Use props
Supervisor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197602 ft
United States

I hope they correct those spelling errors, such as "fireware" (firmware), as well.
2017-3-21
Use props
Speeder
lvl.2
New Zealand

Supervisor Posted at 2017-3-21 06:13
I hope they correct those spelling errors, such as "fireware" (firmware), as well.

Yeah,
I was pretty upset when I've seen that my pictures were captured in Jpg because I won't go back on this long walk anymore, so those pictures are rubbish forever.

Thanks DJI.
2017-3-21
Use props
motard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1156263 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Every update firmware everything go to default. Every people know that. It's wrong I know, but this problem persists.
2017-3-21
Use props
Speeder
lvl.2
New Zealand

The thing is, I haven't done any update, both pictures were taken the same day and there was no signal at all, I was on airplane mod. So this is the app who has a problem.

2017-3-21
Use props
crissiloop
New
Flight distance : 198488 ft
Germany

Speeder Posted at 2017-3-21 18:49
The thing is, I haven't done any update, both pictures were taken the same day and there was no signal at all, I was on airplane mod. So this is the app who has a problem.

The Problem is, that after you have activated a flightmode like activetrack or Waypoint or so, your Settings with Video and photo are gone.
2017-3-21
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

Speeder Posted at 2017-3-21 18:49

well that means i'm NOT the only one.......
i also love to take RAW pics for editing.. and i was SO SO SURE i didn't touch that setting again and it did take only JPEG...
WHY???
please fix it !
i'll send a report through the app right now !
2017-3-22
Use props
Speeder
lvl.2
New Zealand

crissiloop Posted at 2017-3-21 23:49
The Problem is, that after you have activated a flightmode like activetrack or Waypoint or so, your Settings with Video and photo are gone.

Ah ! Well that explain why it took jpeg instead of raw/\. I used the activetrack mode and then normal to take picture on the same flight.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'll help to report this to our engineers for review.
Thank you for your feedback.
2017-3-22
Use props
b0n3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-22 02:20

Dear Mindy,

I've already written about this issue.
Last post in the following thread:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-88590-1-1.html
2017-3-22
Use props
Speeder
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-22 02:20

Thanks, but the thing is, this problem is well known since almost when the Mavic went out...

Motivate your army ...
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Speeder Posted at 2017-3-22 02:30
Thanks, but the thing is, this problem is well known since almost when the Mavic went out...

Motivate your army ...

Yes, and I have reported this again to see if we will get it improved in the future.
2017-3-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

If at some point you send it in for "repair", have them work on the camera also.  The vignetting is terrible in both photos.
2017-3-23
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I can sign that it sucks... everytime when I update I have to check all settings
2017-3-23
Use props
Speeder
lvl.2
New Zealand

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-3-23 04:54
If at some point you send it in for "repair", have them work on the camera also.  The vignetting is terrible in both photos.

Mhhh, I wasn't sure if it was me or not.  And on picture usually that's sharp but on video I think the vignetting is huge and blurry :/

Or maybe the vignetting is from the ND16 i use
2017-3-23
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Supervisor Posted at 2017-3-21 06:13

What? Those are the best features. I need amusement when my app crashes after 10 minutes of use.
2017-3-23
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
United States

The biggest setting that annoys me, when they reset it - is the RTH height. I really wish they would persist that setting through your account info.
2017-3-23
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed jpg quality is quite low even though the image size saved is about 3.8 megs and uncompressed into photoshop at around 27megs.  I have several examples of when shooting both raw + jpeg that looking at the jpeg image things are blurry, out of focus, mushy.. I understand of course RAW has all the image sensor data but saving the jpg shouldn't result in very poor quality, it looks like when you save something in photoshop at lets say 20% quality.  Ill post photos and examples soon.

Also resetting settings gets annoying after some time, I took some screenshots of the app so every time this happens I have the settings handy and yes its a part of my flight check.
2017-3-23
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
United States

Nice photos btw.
2017-3-23
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

How much editing did you conduct on the DNG file? Very nice and I am sorry for your misfortune but think I am learning something from it.  
2017-3-23
Use props
Speeder
lvl.2
New Zealand

Gateway Posted at 2017-3-23 14:11
I have noticed jpg quality is quite low even though the image size saved is about 3.8 megs and uncompressed into photoshop at around 27megs.  I have several examples of when shooting both raw + jpeg that looking at the jpeg image things are blurry, out of focus, mushy.. I understand of course RAW has all the image sensor data but saving the jpg shouldn't result in very poor quality, it looks like when you save something in photoshop at lets say 20% quality.  Ill post photos and examples soon.

Also resetting settings gets annoying after some time, I took some screenshots of the app so every time this happens I have the settings handy and yes its a part of my flight check.

Yeah that's very bad for that :/
2017-3-23
Use props
Speeder
lvl.2
New Zealand

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-3-23 16:31
How much editing did you conduct on the DNG file? Very nice and I am sorry for your misfortune but think I am learning something from it.

@digitalintruder : Thanks !

Not too much editing, just  basic settings such as Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Whites, Black And maybe a bit less saturated.
Glad you learned something
2017-3-23
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-3-24
Use props
PierreTL
New
United States

Problem still persists... any update please?
2017-5-16
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

Yeah, exactly the same here! But this is not the only setting which changes! I noticed that the video setting has changed to 4K/30fps too. Even if you have selected PAL, which allows only 4K/25fps.

Here is my thread about this: http://forum.dji.com/thread-91123-1-1.html
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules