RC Mode or Wifi Mode
27158 8 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borse2008
lvl.2
United States

I cant find anything specifically when and what mode i should be using.

Im planning on doing some training flights this weekend as the weather looks good. probably going to keep the gimble on for safety but the clamp comes off. i know.
2017-3-21
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

RC mode only. Not sure why anyone would choose wifi mode?
2017-3-21
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I decided to fly with only with my phone and wifi mode thinking I can have 1 less thing to carry. (My remote )  in beginning of month. 10 min into flight got pop up on my djigo .finally cleared it. A min later phone froze up. It let me hit return to home auto land before I had to reboot phone. Next thing I saw was it hovering about 3 meters in the air near me battery was super low by then and not sure what happen but it just drop rest of way with blades still spinning .did face plant separated my gimbal. Now waiting in que to be checked in at repair center. I will always be flying in RC with remote!!!
2017-3-21
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I would ONLY use Wifi mode if the phone is confirmed to be 100% compatible with the DJI Go4 app and if for some reason carrying the RC is a problem. Range and reliability are substantially reduced in Wifi mode.
2017-3-21
Use props
superjet96
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142743 ft
United States

I have never tried Wi-Fi and never plan to even if I forgot my RC.  My thought is Wi-Fi range is substantially shorter/weaker than the RC so why would I go with a weak signal if I have a choice?  
2017-3-21
Use props
nymb
lvl.1
United States

superjet96 Posted at 2017-3-21 06:02
I have never tried Wi-Fi and never plan to even if I forgot my RC.  My thought is Wi-Fi range is substantially shorter/weaker than the RC so why would I go with a weak signal if I have a choice?

Not sure if WiFi mode would be for indoor flying?  Though I'm not sure who'd want to fly a Mavic indoors.  Spark would be much better suited.
2017-12-4
Use props
Gavin Anthony Nicholson
New

United Kingdom

I have used WiFi indoors wen I first got the mavic platinum pro was scary and it is near on impossible to not crash(did it tho got the hang of it) anyway mores to the point I used WiFi out side for few flights but I did lose control got it back once wasn’t so lucky next time it flew off hit tree and went down took me an hour to find it was at night and in the woods always use rc out side effects of television and radio masts will cause you to lose control and may lose your drone all together
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Gavin Anthony Nicholson Posted at 1-21 10:13
I have used WiFi indoors wen I first got the mavic platinum pro was scary and it is near on impossible to not crash(did it tho got the hang of it) anyway mores to the point I used WiFi out side for few flights but I did lose control got it back once wasn’t so lucky next time it flew off hit tree and went down took me an hour to find it was at night and in the woods always use rc out side effects of television and radio masts will cause you to lose control and may lose your drone all together

Hi, thanks for sharing your story here. We would recommend flying your drone in an open area wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-21
Use props
fansa0bdf1da
lvl.1

Thailand

I have a few questions related to the new smart remote controller in WiFi mode. I plan to buy it.

Can i use DJI Smart remote controller fly in WiFi mode ??

And a second question.

Is it smart remote controller's join stick can work with wifi mode ??

51ztYYLoL7L._AC_SY355_.jpg
2022-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules