M100 doesn't hover
1629 5 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M Pilot
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all,
I have a problem that my DJI M100 doesn't hover. Once the drone takes off, it keeps moving backwards very fast.
At the beginning, I thought it's me who can't control it. However, when I flew it using the automatic take off feature, it also did the same!
That was really dangerous as the machine is really powerful and if it went out of control can cause a huge damage or serious injuries. Unfortunately, I panicked after I lost control over it and tried to land it quickly which caused it to crash and one propeller was broken.
I guess the problem is due to some error in calibration as it looks like there is some sort of thrust generated in the backwards direction. This thrust should happen if the rotating speed of the front set of propellers is higher than the rotation speed of the rear set of propellers. This makes me believe that the problem is in calibration, however, I have no idea how I would fix this.
Can anybody help, please?
Thank you.
This is a video to show what I'm describing, I landed the drone immediately to avoid any further damages!

2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you getting any interference messages in the Go app? From what I can see, you do not have Guidance installed, correct? Is all the firmware up to date? Have you tried this in a more open area?
2017-3-21
Use props
M Pilot
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-21 16:02
Are you getting any interference messages in the Go app? From what I can see, you do not have Guidance installed, correct? Is all the firmware up to date? Have you tried this in a more open area?

Thank you for your reply.
I will answer your questions as follows:
1. I used to get interference message but at then the drone didn't take off at all. The day after, the interference message disappeared and the drone took off and kept doing like that but the Automatic Take Off mood didn't work. The day after, I went to a wider place, yet still confined place or indoors. The Drone took off both ways manually and automatically. However, in both cases, it was doing the same; moving backwards.

2.I don't have guidance system installed. I didn't plan to let the drone fly autonomously. I just need the drone to hover over a specific spot not keep moving this way. I don't think guidance system will affect.

3. The firmware is not up-to-date.

4. I tried flying it in wider places but still indoors, never tried it outdoors.

Thank you.

Mina
2017-3-21
Use props
KopterKraft.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 375761 ft
Germany

If you fly indoors, the M100 needs guidance (more specific: the VPS feature of guidance) in order to keep its position. And the floor must have enough structure for the optical flow detection of the downward facing cameras.
2017-3-22
Use props
M Pilot
lvl.1

Australia

KopterKraft.com Posted at 2017-3-22 10:48
If you fly indoors, the M100 needs guidance (more specific: the VPS feature of guidance) in order to keep its position. And the floor must have enough structure for the optical flow detection of the downward facing cameras.

Thank you for your help.
My notice is that, the machine doesn't perform randomly, yet it moves backwards every time. I mean the machine performs a specific action, which is moving backwards, not a random action.
Thank you
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

M Pilot Posted at 2017-3-22 16:37
Thank you for your help.
My notice is that, the machine doesn't perform randomly, yet it moves backwards every time. I mean the machine performs a specific action, which is moving backwards, not a random action.
Thank you

Please try calibrating and taking off outside. That will let us know if it's an issue with the environment or the aircraft itself.
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules