4993 42 2015-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone using FPV glasses. I need to get some as flying in South Florida with the sun is very difficult.  Also I were glasses so I will need an FPV that I can mount over my seeing glasses.
2015-2-25
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Fatshark dominator HD goggles offer diopters for people who wear glasses , they have the HDMI in port , they also have flight recording to its own sd card , and many other features ... These are True FPV goggles and not the glasses which were not made for fpv use expressly , more as a movie or video game thing but they can work . GetFPV store has these instock now , I couldn't find them anywhere else , readymade rc didn't even have them yet .... They are fatsharks newest version and so far reports are Exellent ....as were the non HD models from previous years , check these out read up on the specs and tech sheet .
I have two pair of these , the new HD ones and a two year old set non HD .
2015-2-25
Use props
ranchbroker.me
lvl.1

United States

I was told by All e RC that the Fatsharks are not compatible with the Inspire 1.
2015-2-25
Use props
OhGoodness
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

hi... How do you use DJI Pilot when using FPV glasses? Can you see your physical tablet when using them? Otherwise,  how can you use the tablet without seeing it?
2015-2-25
Use props
ulrick
lvl.1
United States

I have to slide my fpv glasses off slightly to operate any menus on the tablet, but I'm able to operate most of my camera functions directly from the transmitter, without taking my glasses off.
2015-2-25
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don't think it practical to pilot via FPV with the Inspire, unless you set the camera to be permantently forward facing. I think there is some merit to using glasses for the camera operator. As I understanding it, the Zeiss Cinemizer glasses are OLED HD and have space that allows vision outside of the displayed image, so you wouldn't need to keep removing them when operating the tablet interface.

Has anyone tried these with the Inspire?
2015-2-26
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the cinemizers and they work really well with the inspire. You can wear the glasses so that they sit down your nose a little. This allows you to see the app when necessary and also to maintain line of sight with the aircraft by looking either up over the glasses or under them. I have an add on small shield which gives a more immersive FPV experience because all you can see is the cinemizer screen. Always have a buddy as a spotter if you fly this way.
2015-2-26
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pidetectives I prefer to wear contact lenses while flying but I have just tried the cinemizers with my glasses and it is possible. I have the Fat shark Dominators aswell as the cinemizers. My Fat sharks are the older non HD versions which I use for another aircraft.To use these with the Inspire you would need some sort of HDMI to AV adaptor set up. As far as image quality goes, the cinemizers blow the fat sharks away.
This is to be expected obviously as they are HD. I haven't seen the fat shark HD goggles yet but would be interested to hear how the HD version compares to the cinemizers.
2015-2-26
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One further point for the cinemizers (no I'm not on commission) is that they come with left and right in ear headphones which are easily removed. I have an Invidia shield as a tablet so I connect my cinemizers to the hdmi out port on the shield and view the app itself on the goggles. I only have one "earphone" in so that I can hear the app warnings and also what is going on around me.   
2015-2-26
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-26 18:14
One further point for the cinemizers (no I'm not on commission) is that they come with left and righ ...

sounds like a good idea. Do you find its easy to operate the tablet using these glasses in the way you've described?
2015-2-26
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You obviously cant operate the app via the goggles themselves you still have to use the tablet screen for this and therefore the sun is still an issue but its much much easier to frame video and stills and fly FPV with the goggles as there is no glare on them.
2015-2-26
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-26 18:49
You obviously cant operate the app via the goggles themselves you still have to use the tablet scree ...

Yes, I was wondering how easy it was to view the tablet whilst wearing the glasses?
2015-2-26
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes its easy to view it lethbrb, just move your head up or down and you can see under the goggles if you have them further down you nose.

2015-2-26
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-26 19:00
Yes its easy to view it lethbrb, just move your head up or down and you can see under the goggles if ...

Thanks Dave. Might give these a try
2015-2-26
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can also connect the goggles directly to your transmitter instead of via the shield and this way you get video with just OSD info on the goggles. The aircraft attitude display is incorrect at present but apparently dji are working on this. It doesn't stop you flying this way however.
2015-2-26
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly the new firmware update has caused the video feed to the cinemizers direct from the transmitter to be absolutely useless!! It still works from the nvidea shield hdmi output.
2015-2-27
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-28 04:42
Sadly the new firmware update has caused the video feed to the cinemizers direct from the transmitte ...

Really.  What happened? No more dual output. Is this an android problem?
2015-2-28
Use props
camaromikem86
lvl.1

United States

My cinemizers work fine plugged into the transmitter even after the update.
2015-2-28
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

My cinemizers work also from hdmi.  
2015-3-1
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks guys I will look into it
2015-3-1
Use props
tc_chay
lvl.2
Brunei

Have anyone try fpv with fat shark dominator v2?? It has hski too?. U think it will work?
2015-3-2
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've done some testing with the cinemisers. When I start with just the app on the tablet, it works fine with good video. When I plug the cinemisers into the transmitter and switch them on video on the cinemisers is visible but very broken and pixelated. At the same time to the video on the app becomes broken and pixelated. If I disconnect the usb lead from the TX to the tablet, the cinemiser video then becomes perfect. Obviously by doing this I lose video on the app. There appears to be a conflict between the two.
I can solve all of the issues and have perfect video on both the app and the cinemisers by disabling the OSD output to the cinemisers ie over HDMI in the app itself. It appears that it is the osd output over hdmi that is causing the problem. Does anyone else have tis issue?
2015-3-2
Use props
polylawman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63302530 ft
United States

tc_chay Posted at 2015-3-2 23:36
Have anyone try fpv with fat shark dominator v2?? It has hski too?. U think it will work?

I tried it and they do not work. Had to send them back for a refund.
2015-3-2
Use props
smallkid
lvl.1

Ireland

thanks polylawman......how about the fs dominatorHD? or are we stuck with cinemazier?
2015-3-2
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-2-26 18:49
You obviously cant operate the app via the goggles themselves you still have to use the tablet scree ...

Much easier is right ! I use the non HD  Doms on my p1 and  p2 for two years they are excellent with the 600mw FS video tx , I just received the Dom HDs pretty nice but only plugged them into the inspires radio tx once for the bench test and I'm not sure if their as good as my old ones , the eye pieces are closer to the eye and seemed to fog quickly at 72 degrees indoors ... The inspires camera FOV is less than a gopro cameras So you'll notice a narrower view onscreen , not a huge deal and should be fine for framing a shot or flying in for close up work at distance when a monitor just won't due . Had to order a set of HDMI   
adapter plugs one mini and one micro , using a standard HDMI cable with an adapter at each end worked fine . I'll do more testing soon in the field .
2015-3-2
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

smallkid Posted at 2015-3-3 10:47
thanks polylawman......how about the fs dominatorHD? or are we stuck with cinemazier?

My Dom HDs work On my inspire .
2015-3-2
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

polylawman Posted at 2015-3-3 00:17
I tried it and they do not work. Had to send them back for a refund.

Maybe you had a bad set , mine work fine so far .
2015-3-2
Use props
smallkid
lvl.1

Ireland

dave

you are referring to dominator HD, not dominator V2 right?
2015-3-2
Use props
lloyd.ranola.gm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253087 ft
  • >>>
United States

My dominator HD work. It still scales it to a square, SD image, but it does work. the V2's do not work. Basically the Dominator HD's give you a 720HD compatible HDMI input that is converted to 480.
2015-3-2
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

tc_chay Posted at 2015-3-2 23:36

I tried with mine over the weekend, I couldn't get the HDMI feed to work with the Dominators. I think its coming out at too high a resolution for the glasses to work. I gave up after an hour or so.
2015-3-3
Use props
roberto
lvl.1

Brazil

After all, cinemizers works or not on the hdmi port after the new upgrade?
2015-3-3
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

roberto@dialtec Posted at 2015-3-3 18:39

I just powered up to see if my cinemizers still work after the latest update. They do...in this quick test.
2015-3-4
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

roberto@dialtec Posted at 2015-3-3 18:39

Cinemizers seem to work fine -

I have both switches turned on in the HD menue
1) simultaneous output to app and HDMI
2) Display OSD on HDMI output
2015-3-4
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I purchased some Cinemizers. However, I'm getting a breakup of signal on the Nvidia Shield when I connect  the Cinemizers to the HDMI port on the transmitter, its works okay when connected to the Shield's HDMI port. Anyone else have this problem?
2015-3-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

smallkid Posted at 2015-3-3 14:47
dave

you are referring to dominator HD, not dominator V2 right?

Mine are the new HD Doms , after some minor adjustments set up on the Googlels display and purchasing two HDMI adapters , micro for the goggles and mini for the inspires radio tx and a nice lightweight three foot HDMI cable from Rosewill ... They work great so far , nice crisp display for pilot
Just like my p2 custom ... Just plug and go , next I'll see how well the sd recording feature works.. Could be nice to have a back up onboard view recorded with the iosd display .
2015-3-5
Use props
smallkid
lvl.1

Ireland

Great stuff..... looking forward for your feedback on the sd recording. I seen cable that have mini hdmi to hdmi or micro hdmi to hdmi. do this cable works as well? is there a specified requirement for hdmi cable? I remember having a hdmi cable that doesn't work on PS3(those were the cheap one though).
2015-3-5
Use props
smallkid
lvl.1

Ireland

I cam across another glasses... itv goggles 3dxi.... seems similar to cinemizer? any comment on that?
2015-3-5
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

rfrye Posted at 2015-3-5 01:33
Cinemizers seem to work fine -

I have both switches turned on in the HD menue

Are you running IOS or Android? I get very choppy video when the Cinemizers are connected to the HDMI port of the transmitter. I need to test whether it clears up when OSD is turned off (as Dave E reported).
2015-3-6
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-3-6 16:18
Are you running IOS or Android? I get very choppy video when the Cinemizers are connected to the H ...

Running Android 4.2.2

Going to do better, longer test in an hour or so
2015-3-6
Use props
rfrye
lvl.4
United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-3-6 16:18
Are you running IOS or Android? I get very choppy video when the Cinemizers are connected to the H ...

I have issues also lethbrp.

The glasses work perfectly with all the OSD shown - and stays there while flying but my app gets dropped to a blank screen - and I had to reboot the app to get it back. Something is not right - darn-it.
2015-3-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules