Vision Plus CMOS Sensor Error
7055 14 2015-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joe
lvl.3

United States

I am experiencing a failure with the Vision Plus Camera Gimbal.
All firmwares for copter and gimbal are updated to the latest versions.
When the copter powers up the gimbal will twitch then the gimbal motors start making 3 beeps repeatably.
It does not stablize just sits loose.
The gimbal LED gives a slow blinking red which according to documentation means CMOS sensor error.
When I connect the Vision App there is no picture and the app shows a error notong to remove the Gimbal Guard.
Of course the guard has been removed.

Any ideas?
2015-2-25
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

What happened before this error? Did you update the camera software or has your Phantom recently had a crash? If crashed your problem is more than likely related to the IMU. You may need to calibrate it. Connect to the assistant software and see if there is an error. If it is a Error 25 is related to the IMU initialization, and the IMU controls the gimbal.
2015-2-25
Use props
ericsbnb
lvl.1

United States

I am having the same issue, did the 3.10 update and than changed back to 3.08 and now i have a error 25 issue
2015-2-25
Use props
ericsbnb
lvl.1

United States

Hi Jato, i have a error 25 and have done the imu calibrate and everything says its ok
2015-2-25
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

ericsbnb Posted at 2015-2-26 10:24
Hi Jato, i have a error 25 and have done the imu calibrate and everything says its ok

Does that mean it's fixed or you cal'ed the IMU and it is still broken. Also did you update the camera firmware with 1.30?
2015-2-25
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Try this thread:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1445
2015-2-25
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

Solved

Thanks for the replies.

On close inspection the ribbon cable as it went into the camera appeared to cocked at an angle.
I removed back camera plate and  observed one side of the ribbon cable was much further out than the other.
I unlatched the connector clamp and pushed cable back into place.  Now have video and gimbal seems to work.

So the two issues were related . I assume the IMU sensor is on the camera board and therefore the camera and gimbal both were affected.
Hopefully others who encounter a SMOS sensor error will benefit form a similar easy fix
2015-2-26
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

I did not do the 3.10 update.  This was pulled apparently before I updated to latest FW.

I was not seeing a error 25.  On the Setup GUI no error was reported
2015-2-26
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I'm glad you got it all fixed and I'm glad you reported back so others who have the error might have other things to try to fix it.
2015-2-26
Use props
ericsbnb
lvl.1

United States

I performed in advance calibration and it seems to be working fine
2015-2-26
Use props
marvypacquiao
lvl.1

United Kingdom

hello joe, i need your help. im having the cmos error on my pv2+. the fault is exactly as you described with your phantom. ive spent hours looking at the ribbon cable to see if theres and connection out of place or loose and ive unplugged and replugged the connections. still not working. still getting the beeping and red flashing and saying that the gimbal guard is on at the app which is not. can you send me pics of where u fixed the ribbon cable and once u did, did you plug it in the computer or anything? pls help. many thanks
2015-6-10
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Check the three plugs on your gimbal at top of camera. Make sure the plgs are in tight. This is a process of elimination. Then go into the assistant soft ware , upgrades and look at the line item Zen IMU and see what version.
2015-6-11
Use props
marvypacquiao
lvl.1

United Kingdom

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-11 17:10
Check the three plugs on your gimbal at top of camera. Make sure the plgs are in tight. This is a pr ...

all are in as tight as they can go. still beeping and flashing red. plugged it in the software and its on hardware: -1 and firmware: 1.0.0.6

at one of the white plugs coonecting the gimbal has 8slots but only has 6wires connecting to it. is this normal?
2015-6-11
Use props
marvypacquiao
lvl.1

United Kingdom

any help with cmos error? check all connection of the ribbon. all in place,  never crashed. problem occured before and upgrade of firmware. it all connects with wifi and app but no power on the gimbal and its beeping with red flashing light. all firmware updated except for the camera which it wont upgrade cos no power to the gimbal? any help pls
2015-6-11
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

The gimbal typically will not power up if there is a CMOS error.   It sounds like the CMOS camera is not working - if the ribbon cable is good then I am not sure how to proceed other than contact DJI.
Did you remove the back plate of the camera and re-seat the ribbon cable?
2015-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules