Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI told me to change my phone to something a lot more expensive...
2816 47 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide the ticket of case number for your correspondence with Support?
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

bvQlltGg1Yw3 Posted at 2017-3-22 12:39
Hi Mindy,
Got one of the first Mavics, installed DJI Go as that was what appeared when I searched the app store.
Worked brilliantly for months.

Thank you for your feedback.
I'm not sure if the latest DJI GO version will requires more power on your phone.
I'll help to forward this to our engineers for review.
2017-3-25
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

The main issue is not with DJI it is that Android is open source freeware. Every phone manufacturer modifies the code to make it work with their device. This makes development of larger apps more difficult as you are making it work with all the numerous variations of the operating system.. iOS is closed source the OS is standard across all devices and much more stable with large processor intensive apps.
2017-3-25
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

fans2e9aa3da Posted at 2017-3-25 02:53
The main issue is not with DJI it is that Android is open source freeware. Every phone manufacturer modifies the code to make it work with their device. This makes development of larger apps more difficult as you are making it work with all the numerous variations of the operating system.. iOS is closed source the OS is standard across all devices and much more stable with large processor intensive apps.

Maybe but is isn't an excuse at all: most games from small devs work like a charm on every phone.

Plus, a third party app (Litchi) managed to make it work
2017-3-26
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

mmee Posted at 2017-3-21 13:27
This industry is rapidly changing and as the technology gets more advanced it will require more advanced equipment to go with it phones included.

Yeah, then please explain the multiple complaint-threads here with DJI GO 4 constantly crashing on Samsung 7 with Android 7 ................. hahahahahaha
2017-3-26
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

bvQlltGg1Yw3 Posted at 2017-3-21 16:06
Moto G 3rd gen which was released in 2015.
What I'm arguing is that both DJI Go and DJI Go4 worked fine until the last couple of updates.
DJI Go still works, and that includes all the flight modes. The only flight mode so far not included is the 'cinematic'. I changed over to DJI Go 4 just to access this feature.

Exactly ! It reminds me painfully of my old Navi-app "Sygic" which worked flawless at the beginning but was more and more unusable with each update .......................
2017-3-26
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-3-21 22:55
Eh? My S7 works flawlessly with the Mavic - no issues what-so-ever! Flight mode, no social media crap, close background apps... aint rocket science.

So what ? Be happy that YOU are one of the RARE ones where it works ..................... BTW: already on Android 7, if not: wait and see and enjoy crashes ................
2017-3-26
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.2
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-25 02:43
Thank you for your feedback.
I'm not sure if the latest DJI GO version will requires more power on your phone.
I'll help to forward this to our engineers for review.

Hi Mindy,
Thanks for your reply.
If DJI had of advertised that they wouldn't be supporting all phones, it would be my fault for buying the Mavic.
I'm pretty sure that 'a required phone' wasn't mentioned when the Mavic was released.
This is a new addition to the spec.
2017-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules