1552 12 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodrigo linkweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217487 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I'm a reseller and I need to test the drones I'll sell before selling. Can I? How can I use DJI Go without linking an account?
2017-3-21
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. A better question may be 'Why wouldn't you want to link an account?' It costs you nothing to do it. Perhaps your concern is really not an issue?
Otherwise, I'm not sure - never tried to use GO without an account.
2017-3-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Get an account, what's the drawback?

RedHotPoker
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you get your stock from DJI directly, your sales contact would be able to help you out with this.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-3-21 13:54
Hi. A better question may be 'Why wouldn't you want to link an account?' It costs you nothing to do it. Perhaps your concern is really not an issue?
Otherwise, I'm not sure - never tried to use GO without an account.

Once you activate an aircraft, it will activate the warranty. In doing so, it will shorten the warranty period when it reaches the customer and it will be tied to him and not the actual user (barring any future flight records that are logged under the new owner's DJI account).
2017-3-21
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Sounds a little suspect to me, there are few reasons for wanting to do this and one would be a stollen drone. I'm not saying it is but it does come to mind.
2017-3-21
Use props
rodrigo linkweb
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

mic75 Posted at 2017-3-21 18:18
Sounds a little suspect to me, there are few reasons for wanting to do this and one would be a stollen drone. I'm not saying it is but it does come to mind.

Don't be rude, man. I just want to test the equipment before bring it to the costumer. But if I activate it with my account, warranty, logs and other stuff would be different from the realitty, in the future.
For example, if activate a drone today with my account and bring it to the costumer after 10 days, the warranty for him will have 10 days gone...
2017-4-4
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I admire you for acting as a second-tier for quality control prior to selling the unit to a customer, but the logging will be an issue and some may argue about it being used too.  Would be nice to get one that had all updates complete and current and in working order (Add good battery here too!).  Might be a lot to send back too.

Actually, if you were located way out in the desert you could also guarantee the range of the unit since this seems to differ between units where one works to 800 feet and another to a mile or more.  That would be tough to do in the city or even on a bench with a RF meter.  I don't know why, but having had three units of the same model, they all have their personality quirks and do not operate like each other somewhere.  Same could be said of autos in a car pool too.
2017-4-4
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Just activate it in the name of the custo9mer, a value added customer service.  Do all the updates, calibrate everything  properly and give the customer a ready to fly aircraft that is already registered to him.
2017-4-4
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

rodrigo linkweb Posted at 2017-4-4 05:05
Don't be rude, man. I just want to test the equipment before bring it to the costumer. But if I activate it with my account, warranty, logs and other stuff would be different from the realitty, in the future.
For example, if activate a drone today with my account and bring it to the costumer after 10 days, the warranty for him will have 10 days gone...

Not being rude, if you gave the same details in you're reply as your OP then it wouldn't look suspect, look at it from my point of view, you're profile says beginner and you're asking how to set up a drone without anyone knowing who you are.
There's another post where customers are asking how to get rid of the stores flight log pages from when the store updated the firmware.
2017-4-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-4-4 07:42
Just activate it in the name of the custo9mer, a value added customer service.  Do all the updates, calibrate everything  properly and give the customer a ready to fly aircraft that is already registered to him.

Sounds like a good value-add service, and Kneepuck's suggestion is a good one IMHO. Better yet, once the craft is sold you can do all of these steps With the customer, so that they then know how to do it next time themselves. And you get to confirm that everything is working OK when it leaves you too...
2017-4-4
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

Very funny behavior for a seller! As a customer I want a drone from unopened sales pack. I would like to be the first to take the device out of its packaging. This posting suggests that the colleague wants to fly a few rounds at the expense of the customers!
2017-4-4
Use props
rodrigo linkweb
lvl.2
  • >>>
Brazil

Satstream Posted at 2017-4-4 23:47
Very funny behavior for a seller! As a customer I want a drone from unopened sales pack. I would like to be the first to take the device out of its packaging. This posting suggests that the colleague wants to fly a few rounds at the expense of the customers!

Not all budies think the same as you. Some people ask me to test and update before sending the product. And most of my orders are online, so I can't register it together with the buyer.
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules