Phantom 3 RC ISSUE
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenHopper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1013205 ft
United States

Hey,

I'm having a few issues with the p3a rc. I believe they are related. Here's the issue:

1: RC does not fully charge. I charge the rc overnight and in the morning it shows: 2 solid leds and one flashing led! Not all 4 like usual!

2: Overall battery life of the RC is about 30-40 minutes flying time (2 P3 batteries) then it starts beeping and only has one led left!

Hypothesis:

I believe that somehow the controller thinks it is low on battery even though it might not be??? I don't know.

Do guys have any ideas for what I could do? Hopefully I don't have to ship it in! Thanks

-Ben
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It could be a power issue that keeps the connection from being stable. How long have you had this unit?
2017-3-21
Use props
BenHopper
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-21 16:10
It could be a power issue that keeps the connection from being stable. How long have you had this unit?

I have had it for about 2 months. However my buddy that I bought it from has had it for about a year.
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

BenHopper Posted at 2017-3-21 16:12
I have had it for about 2 months. However my buddy that I bought it from has had it for about a year.

If you think that you might be within 12 months of it's warranty period, then you might want to look into sending the RC in for repair/replacement. If you've already checked that it's not an issue with the charger itself, then most likely the battery on the RC is going out. You can send the RC in for service regardless of the warranty period, but being outside of it would lead to an invoice.
2017-3-21
Use props
Ray Dup
New

United States

#Quick Reply Here#I had a similar problem with my DJI 3 advanced remote. When I would plug into charger , one light would come on then blink for about 3 seconds and go off. After about 30 seconds it would blink a few more times and cut off. I left it on charger all night but it did not charge. I called for support and it was suggested to return for repairs or perhaps buy another controller. So, with nothing to lose, I removed screws holding the two halfs of the controller together and unplugged the battery from the board. It unplugged very easily. After fining nothing visually wrong , I started putting back together and noticed when plugging battery back in, it clicked in place and was hard to unplug. It seams it was not plugged in all the way the first time. After completely assembling, I put on charger and it works fine. I saved $279 for a new remote.
2017-3-21
Use props
Ray Dup
New

United States

Mine charges fully.
2017-3-21
Use props
BenHopper
lvl.2
United States