Is this moire? Flamingos in the Yucatan, Mexico!
1111 10 2017-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigKitty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148907 ft
Mexico

Absolutely loving my Mavic! My first drone and this baby is a pleasure to fly. Here is a short film I made in the Yucatan Riviera with some Flamingos.
I have been reading lots about corner image blur some people are having and I don't think I have that issue this was shot in 4K with d-cinelike and stadard style with a basic color in FCPX (I am a rookie) any tips please please shoot them out to me!
Thanks

2017-3-21
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Mexico

yikes I just noticed some flicker at 0:05 at the marina in the centre just left of the screen! anyone know what would cause that? too much sharpness??
2017-3-21
Use props
Blucenturion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362995 ft
United States

BigKitty Posted at 2017-3-21 19:41
yikes I just noticed some flicker at 0:05 at the marina in the centre just left of the screen! anyone know what would cause that? too much sharpness??

It's called moire, and the reasons for it have vanished from my brain, but it'll be easy to fix; lots of people are aware of it.
2017-3-21
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Mexico

Moire ok. I have read that turning down sharpness should help. Thank you
2017-3-21
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Mexico

Can someone confirm if turning down sharpness to -1 will fix this ?
2017-3-22
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Try it out. Think what you got there is working. Looks good.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's a nice job overall, thanks for sharing.
2017-3-22
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291575 ft
United States

Just let me google that for us: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moir%C3%A9_pattern

It normally happens from closely spaces repeating details, think striped suit on a news anchor or closeup photo of a birds feather. This is usually corrected via antialiasing algorithms in the camera itself.
2017-3-23
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Mexico

Thanks everyone
2017-3-23
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

I would say that you should practice with slower motions with your controllers.  Your opening shot is really, until the flutter at the end.  The overhead shot of the row boat is really nice (except for the car) until the end.  You might want to adjust the gimbal speed and buffer.  

I've noticed that on a P4 with a tablet, I pan a lot slower than with the Mavic and a phone screen.  I've been working to just relax and take things slow.  I think see that in a lot of your shots too.  Take it easy and slow down a little.  You've got a great eye for shots so give your audience a chance to see it more.    I really liked it.
2017-3-23
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Mexico

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2017-3-23 18:42
I would say that you should practice with slower motions with your controllers.  Your opening shot is really, until the flutter at the end.  The overhead shot of the row boat is really nice (except for the car) until the end.  You might want to adjust the gimbal speed and buffer.  

I've noticed that on a P4 with a tablet, I pan a lot slower than with the Mavic and a phone screen.  I've been working to just relax and take things slow.  I think see that in a lot of your shots too.  Take it easy and slow down a little.  You've got a great eye for shots so give your audience a chance to see it more.    I really liked it.

Thank you yes I still playing with some of the settings to find more smoothness. I'll get there with practice in time. I just adjusted my yaw endpoint to 50 today and that made a huge difference for me
2017-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules