Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI... Total redemption
2596 20 2015-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dwartenburg.gma
lvl.2
United States

After having my Inspire 1 fly away and crash, I sent it off to DJI for repair. Despite all the negative comments about delays and lack of communication, I received an email from DJI regarding my quad. (It's only been one week mind you) First let me say that I did some severe damage, broken arms, bend frame, and damaged gimble. To my amazement, the cost to repair my quad is $333.00 WOW!!!!!!!  I thought for sure that they were going to tell me to use it for spare parts. Anyway, my hats off to these guys for being fast, fair, and very responsive. I own two Inspires and couldn't be happier with them as well as the manufacturer.  
2015-2-25
Use props
MainlineAerial
New

United States

Great to hear of your positive experience dealing with DJI, as many only share the bad!
2015-2-25
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

Total Redemption would be providing customer service to everyone else who gets ignored completely. There are a lot of us. By the way, we all got that email asking for payment. Your journey has just begun. Go ahead, send an email now asking any question you can think of.

Nobody will reply to you. Not once. Until one day in another month when you MIGHT finally get a tracking number.

If you have no additional questions to ask and are content to wait it out with no communication.. you will be fine.

Congrats on the quote, not bad.

2015-2-25
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

OMG, finally hear some good news about DJI. I just got my crash because the props fell off. just sent back to DJI for evaluating and repairing. My got broken arm as well, also broken camera eggshell, but gimbal still works fine. don't know how much they gonna charge me. finger crossed! hopefully they can do 1 week on my stuff.
2015-2-25
Use props
ulrick
lvl.1
United States

It's good to hear stories like this for a change.

Did you originally purchase the inspire from them or a dealer?
2015-2-25
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Hearing that makes me more optimistic about my purchase. Any time you put something in the air it's bound to come down hard at some point. It's been said " take off is optional, landing is mandatory". Not all landings are created equally. Good service is paramount for those of us that rely on a product that will be used for our businesses. And for those that only require these devices to satisfy the urge to fly and maybe shoot some cool footage, they want to feel the rather large investment can be repaired if need be.
2015-2-26
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

Good to hear. How far did it fly and away and did they give you a reason why it did that?
2015-2-26
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I want to beleive it...
i dont trust this story....whats the saying if it is too good to be true.........
2015-2-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I forwarded you comments on to the managers at DJI.  Thank you for taking the time.  As was said, most people only come to the forums to complain.  It is nice to have someone write positive comments.  
2015-2-26
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-2-27 02:39
I forwarded you comments on to the managers at DJI.  Thank you for taking the time.  As was said, mo ...

I am so sorry you see it that way. Honestly I feel like 90% of the people are coming to the forum looking for assistance on a product that we spent a lot of money on. Unfortunately most of our questions go un answered and we are left guessing and speculating. Maybe if the administrators of this forum stopped reading the plea for help as complaining and actually answered some questions you would see a major drop in what you call complaining. I thank you for helping me set up my RMA but my questions still remain unanswered and most of the threads on the forum still continue to stack up with people wishing DJI would chime in...  If that is not what this forum is for then please put a big disclaimer where everyone can see it. Be proactive to make the change you seek!
2015-2-26
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"I forwarded you comments on to the managers at DJI.  Thank you for taking the time.  As was said, most people only come to the forums to complain.  It is nice to have someone write positive comments. "

Tahoe_Ed do you think you can ask someone at DJI why they cannot put an already paid for repair job, that has been confirmed as fixed and tested, into a box and ship it back to me? I have asked for days on end with no reply.

I would love to write something positive about my experience. But up to today's date every phone call has resulted in nobody being able to answer a single question and i have been told to email instead, to which, none have ever been replied to.

Maybe you can forward that on to the "managers at DJI" whom I am told I am not allowed to talk to. We as customers have zero recourse other than to simply be a hostage to a process without any form of communication other than Auto generated emails.

You can call my comments "negative" but that is because the experience for me as a customer has been completely negative.

Perhaps you can assist? That would be a first, and something positive.
2015-2-26
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

I just received tracking information - finally, my Inspire 1 is on its way home.

Thank you.
2015-2-26
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-2-27 04:22
I just received tracking information - finally, my Inspire 1 is on its way home.

Thank you.

looks like your comments works very well
2015-2-26
Use props
howie121218
lvl.3

United States

we should keep this thread up to top to encourage DJI and also make more people post positive thing on this forum
2015-2-26
Use props
jmanaya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40840 ft
Venezuela

It's good to hear that, I really love my DJI's stuff ... but always read only complain, I think that is for low feedback from Tech Suport. If only the customer get ASAP answer (more personal not only a automatic answer) the people don't come here to complain... There is a lot of happy customer that is for sure.- CHECK YOUTUBE THERE ARE-  but they don't come here to expres it here that is other side of this issue. OR NOT?
2015-2-26
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, can you share  more details on the flyaway? More and more I am becoming discouraged. What may have caused it? Finally, assuming that the flyaway was no fault of yours, why do you still,have to pay for repair?
2015-2-26
Use props
dwartenburg
lvl.2
United States

kevinlutch Posted at 2015-2-27 12:05
Hi, can you share  more details on the flyaway? More and more I am becoming discouraged. What may ha ...

First let me tell you a little about myself. I have flown R/C aircraft for more than 35 years, from trainers to Bob Violet jets. I retired one year ago with over 31 years and 27000 hours in the cockpit of commercial airliners. Why did I tell you all that stuff? So you might understand that even the very best of pilots have mishaps. Was my flyaway caused by DJI? I'm not 100% sure, it could have been. I had been experiencing drifting and chaotic actions off and on since I received my Inspire 1. If that had been an MD-11 belonging to FedEx , I can assure you that I would NOT have continued to fly it. Without question, it would have been grounded until ALL malfunctions were corrected. So what's my point you ask? The point is this; yes it could have been DJI's fault with a glitch in the firmware. However... As any good pilot knows, I should have NOT continued to fly it. That was my fault, and I'm now paying for it. Don't get discouraged by reports from other drone pilots. The Inspire 1 is a great piece of equipment, it flies like a dream. Are there some bugs to be worked out? Absolutely, but isn't that the same with anything new?  If you are deliberating on whether or not to pull the trigger, I urge you to take the first step. Get your hands on an Inspire 1 and be the captain of you own ship! If I would have followed every negative remark from other pilots during my career, Fred Smith wouldn't have made any money. (believe me, Fred likes to make money) Take care my friend.
2015-2-26
Use props
kevinlutch
lvl.1

Canada

Appreciate the response. I completely get your point. I also have been in rc for over 2 decades and have flown quite a number of other aircraft, all of which I've had more confidence in compared to these higher tech machines. I own an inspire 1, P2V+V3 and a couple other quads. I just wanted to know if there were any common factors that may have encouraged the drifting and weird behaviour. Flying near power lines, extreme temps, calibration or IMU issues? I have flown my inspire a couple times but I've been grounded because of weather. I absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Appreciate it.
2015-2-26
Use props
dwartenburg
lvl.2
United States

Hey Kevin, to answer your question a little better. I live on a ranch in the country, not much in the way of power lines or nuclear power plants out here. The Inspires behavior was something that I contributed to flying R/C aircraft, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Things just happen... There was no pattern or similar behavior that I noticed while flying. As you said, these things fly great! I've flown mine when I really shouldn't  have, bad weather, freezing temps, and very low visibility. If I had to bet, I would bet on some type of firmware glitch. At times the quad was completely unresponsive, but it would only last for a few terrifying seconds. What are we taught to do? Fly the plane! My second Inspire flies great, I don't have any of the issues that I encountered with my first one. (same updates, same firmware...?) Go figure! Anyway, with all that being said, I've had more fun flying these things than I can possibly describe. Are they perfect? Not yet, but they sure are a lot better than the old standard R/C type stuff. It reminds me of when we swapped from ground based identifiers to GPS, night and day difference. You and I have experienced the old days of R/C, it's what makes us appreciate the Inspire so much.

Gear up!
2015-2-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

dwartenburg@gma Posted at 2015-2-27 23:18
Hey Kevin, to answer your question a little better. I live on a ranch in the country, not much in th ...

I must say this. First of all great comments. I tried RC Airplanes and that didn't go well at all, very discouraging for me. A few years later I built a RC Helicopter and brought it to the Dealer that I bought it from and he trimmed it and balanced the Props and then flew it in his yard and did all kinds of maneuvers  with it. He made it look very simple, the only rule was not to talk to him while he had it in the air. It all looked very simple to me and I went home to try it. He said to practice hovering. I fired it up and I was doing OK and then I hit one of the switches on the Transmitter and it turned on it's side and came at me and my dog. Ever have a lawn mower on a 90 degree angle coming at you about 40 mph? I threw down the transmitter and the dog and I were on the run, The copter crashed on the lawn, not much damage but I did approach it cautiously. The next day I brought it to the local hobby shop and asked him to get rid of the thing for whatever he could get.
The next venture many years later was a DJI Phantom which is very easy to fly and I kept practicing and graduating to fly it in ATI mode. I was having a ball and not one incident. Now that I had my confidence back I bought the Phantom 2 Vision and I have 100 plus hours of stick time, I keep a log with my time in the air. I have an Inspire but have not flown it yet, mainly the brutal winter that we have had this year but spring is around the corner (I hope) I intend to take it to a large open area for the first flights to get a feel for it.
The point is that it is a totally new product and issues yes, are to be expected and corrected. I have all the faith in the world in DJI and will always use their products exclusively due to all of my experiences have been positive with them I really enjoy flying now with confidence.
2015-2-27
Use props
dwartenburg
lvl.2
United States

Hahaha, great comments on the upside down lawnmower. That's funny! I can relate to your problems, just because you can fly a commercial jet doesn't mean you can fly the R/C stuff. Hahaha I don't even remember how many airplanes and copters I've crashed and burned because of my PILOT ego.  I'm so glad to hear some positive remarks on the Inspire and DJI, two great products. Like you I started my quad experience with the Phantom 2+, what a great bird. I know everyone has spent some serious bucks on these quads, like them, I too want to get my moneys worth.  But I think we all must remember one important thing, this is supposed to be fun. It doesn't matter whether your hobby is fishing, hunting, or flying drones. They all give us headaches and they ALL cost money. I left all the stress and anxiety on the tarmac when I retired, now I'm out to have some fun!

Lets all have some fun!  
2015-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules