[POLL] Do you upload content to Skypixel?
12Next >
14662 59 2017-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Hey everyone. Just wanted to take a quick poll to gather data for making this forum better for you folks!

Please feel free to expand on your answer by posting responses below.

Some followup questions:
If you upload content to Skypixel, do you also post it here (and vice versa)?
If you don't use Skypixel, why not?
If you don't post content here, why not?
Do you enjoy posting your content and having it critiqued by other users?
Do you enjoy viewing and critiquing other users' content?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Single SelectVote, Total 223 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2017-3-23
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I posted a video on Skypixel by accident about a year ago. I thought I was editing a video I could transfer to my computer. Couldn't find out if I could or how to do it if I could. Couldn't find the video I did make on Skypixel either. Therefore, I have no use for Skypixel, and have never been back there since. I post my videos on my channel on YouTube. I will post certain videos here if it is pertinent to the forum I'm reading or starting.
2017-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I posted one video to skypixel , next time I found it difficult for some reason I can't remember, can you post instructions.
2017-3-23
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Austria

I tried to upload but i could not register. I do not try again to register my self... Skypixel website is not working fine to me and the website is slow when it works....

Edit: I can not open Skypixel website at the moment. 23.03.2017 20:24
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

SkyMavic Posted at 2017-3-23 11:21
I tried to upload but i could not register. I do not try again to register my self... Skypixel website is not working fine to me and the website is slow when it works....

Can you describe the error in more detail? Include what type of device you're using and which browser, please.
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-23 11:20
I posted one video to skypixel , next time I found it difficult for some reason I can't remember, can you post instructions.

It's pretty simple. Just drag and drop or put in the URL of the video.

And in the app, before entering camera view, you can just enter Skypixel and press the top-right button.
Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 12.29.06 PM.png
2017-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-23 11:29
It's pretty simple. Just drag and drop or put in the URL of the video.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=image&aid=44016&size=300x300&key=a6950a44e26db43e&nocache=yes&type=fixnone[/img]

Thank you dji Joe, will be putting more up soon.
2017-3-23
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I post video and still content to my pre-existing YouTube and Flickr accounts, both of which allow higher or full-res playback. I think I'd be more interested in Skypixel if it supported higher-res imagery, but admit I'm already vested in Flickr/YT am and not sure I need another venue. Plus, the interface has confused me the couple times I checked it out.
2017-3-23
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

I stop using skypixel when I noticed they were offering the DJI Mavic Pro link at the bottom. And my gf and friends said "That drone is $1000? Your crazy!"
2017-3-23
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Austria

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-23 11:28
Can you describe the error in more detail? Include what type of device you're using and which browser, please.

I do use Safari Version: 10.0.1 (12602.2.12.0.7)
This is was it shows to me

2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

SkyMavic Posted at 2017-3-23 11:37
I do use Safari Version: 10.0.1 (12602.2.12.0.7)
This is was it shows to me

Interesting. I'll submit this bug if more users mention the same issue. Have you tried a different device/browser?
2017-3-23
Use props
SkyMavic
lvl.2
Austria

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-23 11:40
Interesting. I'll submit this bug if more users mention the same issue. Have you tried a different device/browser?

Yes I did. I did try on Firefox also. The fun thing with it is that I get some source code. But no website...

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>SkyPixel - Connecting Creativity</title>
    <meta name="keywords" content="" />
    <meta name="description" content="">

<!-- for facebook share-->
    <meta property="fb:app_id" content="1013737265357583">

2017-3-23
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Ive never used it, not sure what it is...
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-23 11:34
I post vidro and still content to my pre-existing YouTube and Flickr accounts, both of which allow higher or full-res playback. I think I'd be more interested in Skypixel if it supported higher-res imagery, but admit I'm already vested in Flickr/YT am and not sure I need another venue. Plus, the interface has confused me the couple times I checked it out.

What is the maximum res video you'd prefer? Full 4k or even higher?
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-23 12:23
Ive never used it, not sure what it is...
DJI SKYPIXEL

Its DJI's content sharing social media platform where you can upload your videos and photos to your account and share it with others! Other users can comment and share your image with others and there are often contests where you could win DJI prizes.

It's also built-in to DJI GO and DJI GO 4 for easy uploading.
2017-3-23
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Did it once. As someone wrote earlier it's not that intuitive. There are more user friendly alternatives out there.

YT and Instagram and other Social platforms are easier to use, they are "open" platforms in comparison with Skypixel which to my knowledge is only for the "Dji" customers.
Many already have a "base" of followers/friends on other platforms and are most likely using them more than Skypixel.
And don't we have enough social media platforms?

2017-3-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-3-23 12:55
Did it once. As someone wrote earlier it's not that intuitive. There are more user friendly alternatives out there.

YT and Instagram and other Social platforms are easier to use, they are "open" platforms in comparison with Skypixel which to my knowledge is only for the "Dji" customers.

Thanks a lot for the insight!
2017-3-23
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-23 12:36
DJI SKYPIXEL

Its DJI's content sharing social media platform where you can upload your videos and photos to your account and share it with others! Other users can comment and share your image with others and there are often contests where you could win DJI prizes.

Ill give it a try!
2017-3-23
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-3-23 12:33
What is the maximum res video you'd prefer? Full 4k or even higher?

Comparable to Flickr and Youtube's offerings at minimum. I recognize that's challenging because Skypixel content is most likely to come from phone-edited downlink video.
2017-3-23
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

As stated before, Skypixel is not very intuitive. It takes too much effort to just post visual media.
2017-3-23
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i wish the youtube import feature would show all my videos so i can upload older videos otherwise i never really use it
2017-3-23
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148907 ft
Mexico

Posted once in SP prob not again. Just too many platforms out there now a days
2017-3-23
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

If you upload content to Skypixel, do you also post it here (and vice versa)? - No.
If you don't use Skypixel, why not? - Not compelling when numerous other mainstream options available that non DJI types are aware of. google photos, flickr, Facebook etc.
If you don't post content here, why not? - My content is not of high enough standard to showcase & family/friends would be my target audience not a public forum.  
Do you enjoy posting your content and having it critiqued by other users? - No
Do you enjoy viewing and critiquing other users' content? -Enjoy viewing and admiring but do not feel the need to critique any of it.

BTW The Skypixel Pano viewer with little planet is an exception and is compelling, simple way yo showcase a 360 panos to friends.
2017-3-23
Use props
Capt Hurls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84675 ft
United States

I did at first to try it out.  But then it fell off the radar.  I actually may pick it back up - its a great way of saying - today's shooting is done - here is a glimpse before post production.
2017-3-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have used the cache file videos for a quick edit many times. It works very well and is super easy to use. I like the fact that I can post the video to show quickly for friends and family . I do not use this tool for professional edits I use Adobe PP for that.

Thanks Joe

Rich
2017-3-23
Use props
BengalBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11134446 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you upload content to Skypixel, do you also post it here (and vice versa)?
No, very rarely unless it might be relevant to a thread's content.  I never post it on the forums as a "look at my photo" post.  I do post my photos on the DJI Facebook page.

If you don't use Skypixel, why not?
I do use Skypixel sporadically, but, much prefer DJI Facebook page and Instagram for posting photos and YouTube for posting videos.  Skypixel has more professional content, and it was great when I got my Phantom 2 Vision+ back in 2014 to get ideas and learn what my drone was capable of.  But, I get much more exposure on Instagram and Facebook with my aerial photos and YouTube is much easier for posting my videos.  Skypixel doesn't give me a big audience like the others.

If you don't post content here, why not?  
I think of these forums as a technical issue identification and problem solving community.  I do occasionally post a photograph I've taken to demonstrate a technique in using my drone to take a photo, or, to demonstrate any advice I might give is being made by someone with experience actually using the drone as described.  DJI's Facebook page is much more fun for posting photos I take.  Seems to have a membership more interested in the photography or video taken by their favorite DJI product.

Do you enjoy posting your content and having it critiqued by other users?
I love posting my content and have an extensive Instagram and Facebook portfolio of photography I've taken with my DJI camera drones.  It is the most popular photography on my Instagram and Facebook pages, primarily because the people who enjoy it most don't own a drone.  When I got my first one I set out to change my friends and neighbors minds about drones by only taking cool photos.  Its the people who don't own a camera drone that are most impressed and interested in the images.  I find a lot of forum and drone specific communities are less likely to find photos that interesting unless they are picking your brain on your work flow or comparing it to one of their own.  In my community, after 2 years of flying, I'm known as the "Drone Guy" and the people who were initially critical of drones a couple years ago are now asking me for advice in purchasing one and helping them learn to fly.

Do you enjoy viewing and critiquing other users' content?
I do enjoy looking at other people's content.  Not to critique, but, to gain ideas of how to shoot a scene, edit a video, appreciate wildlife like whales, sharks and large marine life, beautiful travel places and extreme action like surfing and snow skiing.  It was the reason I purchased my first DJI Phantom 2 Vision+, seeing a video by Eric Cheng at Komodo Island and how beautiful it was as seen from the air.  It inspired me to buy one, and, I just got back from a adventure there with my Phantom 4.  I flew it over the ocean and shot tropical islands, Komodo Dragons, and the caldron of a stratavolcano.  Completely inspired by watching one video and thinking I could take cool photos and videos on an adventure like that!!
2017-3-23
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

I don't like ads/watermarks from anybody else on my vids. I paid for my Mavic more than 1500USD. Even when it is a marvelous device, it still has some limitations and specially poor optics in the camera (from what I would expect for this price) So - no promotion from my side here, sorry.
2017-3-24
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Voted never but after looking at Skypixel site found 6 posted video. Can I delete video from Skypixel?
2017-3-24
Use props
quadflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184649 ft
Germany

Yes, go to the Videopage and there you find under the Description, on the right side "Delete". I can do this with my imported youtube-videos.
2017-3-24
Use props
glasgowdave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I never knew it existed until now. I've just had a browse, and like the content. I will try it out when I get my replacement Mavic back.
2017-3-24
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

quadflyer Posted at 2017-3-24 02:14
Yes, go to the Videopage and there you find under the Description, on the right side "Delete". I can do this with my imported youtube-videos.

Thanks it's there.
2017-3-24
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

uploaded 2 times to skypixel but i cant download the video contents to my phone
2017-3-24
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

My first quad was a P2V+ and then I upgraded to a P3P and in its context of the app I was able to edit my video's then it posted to Skypixel.  I have been using Skypixel every since and do every time I make a video.
Follow up questions:
I do upload content to Skypixel as well as here on this forum.
I do enjoy posting my content and having it critiqued by others.
I also enjoy viewing and critiquing others videos and pics.  

Hope this helps.
2017-3-24
Use props
Burmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I uploaded to Skypixel today for my first time. It was my first video that I used the DJI Go 4 app to do. It turned out ok. Once I edit a better video I will upload to both places for everyone to see.
2017-3-24
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

I would if I could. Sometimes the website doesn't load at all, and the interface is a bit messy for my taste. I have tried to upload some photos there, but they never got through.
2017-3-25
Use props
Heligal
New
Flight distance : 263871 ft
United States

I don't post videos here or to skypixel because there are enough videos here. Certainly too many for me to watch and critique so I can only assume that few others take the time to critique as well. I much rather share my best work on YouTube and/or my blog.
2017-3-25
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

I like sky pixel , Some times it is slow to load but I am on the other side of the planet . The pictures are very good. I see the world from a birds eye view. I Love it.
I would like to see more contests (e.g.)monthly . The winners should be determined by sky pixel login and captcha for voting.
2017-3-25
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

This poll motivated me to put together a small site with the feature i miss most at skypixel. A map! Now you can see other pilots. For any spectator its obvious to look up YouMavic after seeing a mavic in the wild. Are there any new clips in your area? Try it with your mavic videos
2017-3-25
Use props
ColinMC
lvl.1
Australia

I wont post to Skypixel as it has no option to keep videos private. I don't want to share all  the videos I take. Also you can't remove your own videos after they have been uploaded
2017-3-25
Use props
spoonlamp_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 301506 ft
Italy

Can't find friends who I know use it, tried to upload a couple of times and it failed then I found that you lose ownership if you upload it, so lost interest.
2017-3-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules