P3 4K
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

Just got my p3 4K back from repair for the second time. ( No flights between the first and second repair other than on a UPS truck.) Johns drone came back as Dave L's drone. So Dave wherever you are I have your drone that you returned.  Changed the name beck to mine and I still see that the P3 4K is going to be spare parts for my P3 Pro. Don't buy one of these lemons.
2017-3-23
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

I should have been more detailed about why I'm so unhappy with this model. After the second repair, I unboxed the unit, got it charged and turned it on. Immediately I got a compass error. I checked the IMU and in didn't require calibration. I took it outside to try calibrating the compass in an area where I have had no issues with my P3 Pro. When I turned the aircraft on, I immediately got a warning to calibrate the IMU. Did this as per instructions and it was successful.  Went back outside for a compass calibration and it went OK other than the MOD number was above 1500. Got a strong interference warning again in an area where I never get it with my P3 Pro and did a test flight. I hovered for a while about 20 feet, and traveled less than 200 feet out and it seemed OK. Don't trust it though. Anybody else experience this? It's only 3 months old and has spent about 8 weeks in repair and transit.
2017-3-24
Use props
fans2d0e74f6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17470 ft
United States

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-3-24 11:07
I should have been more detailed about why I'm so unhappy with this model. After the second repair, I unboxed the unit, got it charged and turned it on. Immediately I got a compass error. I checked the IMU and in didn't require calibration. I took it outside to try calibrating the compass in an area where I have had no issues with my P3 Pro. When I turned the aircraft on, I immediately got a warning to calibrate the IMU. Did this as per instructions and it was successful.  Went back outside for a compass calibration and it went OK other than the MOD number was above 1500. Got a strong interference warning again in an area where I never get it with my P3 Pro and did a test flight. I hovered for a while about 20 feet, and traveled less than 200 feet out and it seemed OK. Don't trust it though. Anybody else experience this? It's only 3 months old and has spent about 8 weeks in repair and transit.

Hey John, I just got my P3 4K about 4 weeks ago and haven't had any problems with it. It Flys great and I haven't had any glitches other than one of the batteries  had a bad cell so I had to send the battery  back  
2017-3-24
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

That's good to hear. Hoping my first long distance flight goes well. Just waiting for the right weather.
2017-3-25
Use props
fans2d0e74f6
lvl.1
United States

So it's been a while now and I've put a few flights on it. Flight performance seems to be great but for some reason I'm losing camera performance. It's become very glitchy. Any ideas?
2017-4-25
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Canada

fans2d0e74f6 Posted at 2017-4-25 19:38
So it's been a while now and I've put a few flights on it. Flight performance seems to be great but for some reason I'm losing camera performance. It's become very glitchy. Any ideas?

I sometimes have the same problem with my P3 Pro camera. Turning the drone off and then back on seems to resolve the problem.
2017-5-1
Use props
fans2d0e74f6
lvl.1
United States

Johnnyv Posted at 2017-5-1 02:34
I sometimes have the same problem with my P3 Pro camera. Turning the drone off and then back on seems to resolve the problem.

Yeah, things seem to be getting worse. Now I'm getting glitches in flight. I just uploaded the latest upgrade and it seems to have messed things up. Stability sucks and it seems to wander all over. I've got a bad feeling about this.
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules