Is DJI abandoning its loyal beta testers?
39660 585 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Post 400!!! Sorry - just wanted to maintain tradition
(ahhh.. missed it by 1 - oh well)
2017-6-5
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 721795 ft
United States

It could be great news, but the pessimist will wait and see. At a bare minimum, the new firmware MUST allow flashing to the new FW for the beta folks and FIX the tilted horizon, since that has been a broken "feature" since day 1.

To be great it needs to also include the new flight modes that were in beta testing AND fully support the new DJI Goggles. Anything less and I'm still on the fence about selling and giving my hard earned dollars to somebody with a great quad AND great customer service.
2017-6-5
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I do not want to spoil the party, but something makes me think they got a new firmware but with fewer modes of flight than the beta.

And the support for the Dji Googles will follow exactly the same as now.
They will only launch the new firmware to remove the beta tester problem and leave a final firmware, nothing more.
2017-6-5
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
United States

BEN_M16 Posted at 2017-6-5 09:49
I do not want to spoil the party, but something makes me think they got a new firmware but with fewer modes of flight than the beta.

And the support for the Dji Googles will follow exactly the same as now.

That's my fear as well, and if it is realized, I will be selling my P4 ASAP which both keeps me from ever buying DJI again and also saves somebody else some money, but NOT having to buy a new DJI drone = DJI loses twice. I'm betting a LOT more former DJI customers are feeling the same way and that this effect will hopefully be exponential in nature.
2017-6-5
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

For every credibility gap there is a gullibility gap.

Vaporware!
2017-6-5
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I don't think anyone is counting their chickens. But after 400 posts, It's just nice to see a response from DJI. Small victories.
2017-6-5
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-5 02:05
Hi All, I just got information from engineers, a new official firmware will be released soon.
Sorry we do not have the exact date when it's released, but you will not be kept waiting for a long time.

Thanks for the advice Natalia.
Along with the horizon integrity fix, I'm hoping that it brings the battery firmware back into sync across models. I'd love to be able to share batteries between my P4 and P4P again.
2017-6-5
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

I think we where told this way back in this thread New Firmware will be released soon. As it happens mines gone for repair so not so annoyed as you lot on here. But annoyed I've not had my P4 for over a month now. Besides when I get it back there might be a new Firmware to make it more enjoyable. But by then I will probably be enjoying my Mavic Pro too much. And to be honest the only thing I find appealing for P4 is precision landing. Works like a charm on Mavic..
2017-6-5
Use props
p4ever
lvl.4
Flight distance : 681975 ft
Greece

i think precision landing, find my drone (with sound) & tripodmode is useful functions for p4.
2017-6-5
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

BTTT until we see a firmware update
2017-6-6
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tick tick tick tick... bounce
2017-6-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI have today announced the latest firmware for the P4P (v1.04.0602). This includes the gimbal horizon fix recently beta tested, along with No Fly enforcement.

I hope this is what DJI now intend to retrofit for the P4 and release.
2017-6-7
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

Hopefully P4 will get this horizon fix. It's time !!!!
2017-6-7
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Ireland

It was 'retrofitted' on the P4P. It was designed and built on the backs of the infinitely patient P4 owners ;)

Now is our time
2017-6-7
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-3-24 08:15
In that it has features not yet  released to the public, it's better, but as beta firmware, it has bugs that have not been resolved.  The main thing is that we have NOWHERE to go.  We can not downgrade.  We are just stuck with no other options at all until DJI releases something official that we can load.  There is no going back for us.  It is not cool to leave some of their most loyal customers in limbo.

--Jim

You can't go back to official software in DJI Assistant?
2017-6-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-7 23:17
You can't go back to official software in DJI Assistant?

No - no option. All beta testers accepting the firmware in December/January were of the view that there would be an official way forward after that.
2017-6-8
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566014 ft
United States

Looks like once again the newer p4 models are higher on the agenda. Shame on you dji.
IMG_3620.PNG
2017-6-8
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Greece

Forrest_Siems Posted at 2017-6-8 07:58
Looks like once again the newer p4 models are higher on the agenda. Shame on you dji.

I'm away on holidays but cannot stop myself from commenting...

Nah, I just think the P4 and none of its (loyal to what a who now, I wonder) customers are just NOT anywhere to be found on DJI'S agenda.

The poor moderators were just told once more to drop a random line to have this forgotten...

Shame on you DJI indeed...Then, now and for ever after.

I'll be using my P4 DJI spat on with myself the moment they pushed it on the shelves and grabbed my money, but whatever they do in relation to this and whatever lies they release in the future, I will never be coming back.

Enjoy waving at your shiny Spark and pretend you're the godfathers of drones. You don't own any of the tech and your vision recognition models are obsolete, hence the many problems your product lines see today.

Cutting edge two years ago, buggy as hell today when it should be tweaked, stable, and making leaps forward.

I would not be surprised to see the now owned by intel movidius withdraw from your products as you now discredit them over initially giving them exposure.

Copying Apple's marketing concepts and relying on the help movidius gave you initially (yes you can brag but who can use google can quickly find out where you are coming from) for using their myriad chip is not enough, you need to develop and support and this you seem to be incapable of.
2017-6-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-5 02:05
Hi All, I just got information from engineers, a new official firmware will be released soon.
Sorry we do not have the exact date when it's released, but you will not be kept waiting for a long time.

Hi Natalia.  With firmware for P4P and P4A now released and them now off your release roadmap, has your Engineering team been able to lock in a target for release of new firmware for the P4 yet?
It'd be great to put this thread to bed...
2017-6-8
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-8 20:03
Hi Natalia.  With firmware for P4P and P4A now released and them now off your release roadmap, has your Engineering team been able to lock in a target for release of new firmware for the P4 yet?
It'd be great to put this thread to bed...

A think no. Becouse new firmwares =  new issues. So team must be focus on new bugs and problems. So P4 FW is not so importnat (( Again ( never ending circle
2017-6-8
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Canada

Natalia said the official firmware is on the way...so wait and see. Just trying to remain positive.
Positive vibration!!!
2017-6-8
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Natalia, if we can be given an approximate timeframe - 2 weeks - 2 months - whatever - it might be enough to shut us all up for a while.
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-6-9 00:27
Natalia, if we can be given an approximate timeframe - 2 weeks - 2 months - whatever - it might be enough to shut us all up for a while.

I totally understand your feelings, sorry that I have not got the exact info when it will be released.
If I have the info, I'm very pleased to let you know.
Thank you very much for your understanding!
2017-6-9
Use props
M109
lvl.4

Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-9 03:31
I totally understand your feelings, sorry that I have not got the exact info when it will be released.
If I have the info, I'm very pleased to let you know.
Thank you very much for your understanding!

But can you say there will definitely be a new firmware released or are they just leading us down the garden path??   
2017-6-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=154551
2017-6-9
Use props
Dronald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103576 ft
Germany

just to keep this hot
2017-6-11
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

No news on beta channel, no new oficial info..............bad signal.........

DJI, we need the final Firmware for P4 with all flight modes active, and a new firmware for Remote Control, fixing the bad charge rate. Please.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans340ce1be
New
Flight distance : 20092 ft
Canada

Don't download the new software. The bird suddenly started to behave like a wild bird with rabies and crashed. After crash would not even turn the motors off
2017-6-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

What new software? This is a P4 thread...
2017-6-11
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Monday bump
2017-6-11
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

I can't help but worry that when it comes, the only update will be to implement the 30 m height/ 50 m distance limitation and NFZ management recently introduced for the later P4s.  Will we get all the other missing functionality?

I purchased the DJI Goggles the day it was released - it was clearly advertised that the P4 could be controlled by the goggles with full functionality, including head tracking.  The day the goggles shipped - that functionality was removed from the advertising.  No apology, no explanation, no revised timelines, no anything.  

I am waiting for DJI to correct this.
2017-6-12
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go BUMP in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!
2017-6-12
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Canada

Amen to that !
2017-6-13
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Another day, and no news about the firmware.

No news on beta channel.......
2017-6-13
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bbbbbbbb
uuuuuuuu
mmmmm
pppppppp
2017-6-14
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

One week ago
2017-6-14
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

unreal it taking this long
2017-6-15
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nearly forgot my daily bump.

bump.

Would love someone to add up the number of posts from the most p***ed off users in this thread.

Winner gets a P4P. Pretty sure I'm up there. In fact, if everyone is this thread contributed $1 to me for my efforts, I could get a P4P ;-)
2017-6-15
Use props
Draiter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39852 ft

Canada

I BUMPED my p4 today
2017-6-15
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-6-15 11:46
Nearly forgot my daily bump.

bump.

Why would you want another miserably supported bird? I'll be switching to Autel as they actually have customer support and non-tilted horizon is included for free....even if it doesn't quite have all of the same bells and whistles! Just give me something where support actually has a pulse.
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules