Is DJI abandoning its loyal beta testers?
39659 585 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Back from my break, as expected, nothing hapenned at all.

While not her responsibility, Natalia's input was as useful as the previous we got.

Nothing moving, no update, same broken promises over false advertisment.

To Overpromise and Underdeliver seems to be DJI's only forte.

Some meaningful official statement should have been made by now let alone that godamned firmware allowing for the goggle's initially advertised support of the P4 and free the beta testers from this nightmare.

We're at the start of the summer, aerial filming season is high and our year old product should be the symbol of stability and useability by now... It feels it belongs to the bin instead...

The same phrase endlessly comes to mind:

Shame on you DJI!
2017-6-15
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Not good, DJI. Start communicate with the customers in a meaningful way, that gives insight and answers.
2017-6-15
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

DJI, is pathetic now. Don't forget there is always TOMORROW!!!
2017-6-15
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

The DJI Phantom 4 is officially dead dead
2017-6-16
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Where is the firmware update DJI this is not good enough??????????
2017-6-16
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566014 ft
United States

Dji support on Facebook told me it's on the way but no ETA. Looks like we will be waiting.
2017-6-16
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

Forrest_Siems Posted at 2017-6-16 05:13
Dji support on Facebook told me it's on the way but no ETA. Looks like we will be waiting.

They've been saying this for months...

Only things that came are edits of the goggle's manual reducing P4 support, 2 comments from mods in this thread to buy some time with nothing else after and stuck beta testers on a beta firmware that seems to be as good as the current one with the wanted features on top.

So I wouldn't hold my breath over some generic reply on facebook. But now that I think of it, social media is a nice way to have them manifest themselves...Perhaps some nice tweets on their shiny accounts with the proper tags might get their attention...

What can I say, this absurdity seems limitless...
2017-6-16
Use props
fansf65df67c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1251453 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dnerve Posted at 2017-6-16 11:13
They've been saying this for months...

Only things that came are edits of the goggle's manual reducing P4 support, 2 comments from mods in this thread to buy some time with nothing else after and stuck beta testers on a beta firmware that seems to be as good as the current one with the wanted features on top.

HI

I'm selling my P4. I actually bought the P4P but to be honest I think I'm going to sell that too - the same stupid firmware upgrade has just rendered it useless......again!!! How many more times???? None! because DJI can't make firmware that works so I'm selling them all.
2017-6-17
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 721795 ft
United States

fansf65df67c Posted at 2017-6-17 03:18
HI

I'm selling my P4. I actually bought the P4P but to be honest I think I'm going to sell that too - the same stupid firmware upgrade has just rendered it useless......again!!! How many more times???? None! because DJI can't make firmware that works so I'm selling them all.

That's the direction I'm headed as well, which will hurt DJI twice....no more purchases from me and somebody else can buy my used unsupported DJI products, instead of them buying new = Lose, Lose proposition for DJI.
2017-6-17
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Stach23 Posted at 2017-6-17 10:32
That's the direction I'm headed as well, which will hurt DJI twice....no more purchases from me and somebody else can buy my used unsupported DJI products, instead of them buying new = Lose, Lose proposition for DJI.

Under normal circumstances, I probably would have upgraded to a P4P by this point, but considering the total lack of support for the P4, I will be very cautious about future purchases from DJI.  I will continue using my P4 while keeping a close eye out for competing products.  Fool me once...

--Jim Watkins
Burbank, CA
2017-6-17
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-6-17 13:58
Under normal circumstances, I probably would have upgraded to a P4P by this point, but considering the total lack of support for the P4, I will be very cautious about future purchases from DJI.  I will continue using my P4 while keeping a close eye out for competing products.  Fool me once...

--Jim Watkins

Hi Jim
I am in the same boat. DJI are shooting themselves in the foot.
2017-6-17
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

The same happens to me. I do not want to buy any new product from DJI until I see the evolution that follows with the P4.

I think they are already seeing the general sales downturn, and soon we will see us with great discounts to check out their unsold stock.

But at least I, I will not buy anything else, until they solve all the problems of their P4 line.
2017-6-17
Use props
Dronald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103576 ft
Germany

I couldn´t have said it better myself.
2017-6-17
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

It's Monday. Time to prepare yourself for another week of no firmware.
2017-6-19
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

tokenbrit Posted at 2017-6-12 05:46
I can't help but worry that when it comes, the only update will be to implement the 30 m height/ 50 m distance limitation and NFZ management recently introduced for the later P4s.  Will we get all the other missing functionality?

I purchased the DJI Goggles the day it was released - it was clearly advertised that the P4 could be controlled by the goggles with full functionality, including head tracking.  The day the goggles shipped - that functionality was removed from the advertising.  No apology, no explanation, no revised timelines, no anything.  

still waiting
2017-6-19
Use props
Forrest_Siems
lvl.2
Flight distance : 566014 ft
United States

BUMP!!!!!!
2017-6-19
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
United States

So many lies....

I digged a bit to find this thread, another bag of lies:

Does the DJI Goggle head tracking function work with the P4

I also wanted to post the goggle's features and compatibilty chart in the 1st version of the manual, edited and changed as soon as the goggles started shipping.... (credits to @Aardvark in the same thread) for everyone to be reminded of the shady practices DJI is into in regards to their product support and development as well as the total lack of reliability.

Best part of this thread is THIS POST where DJI-JAMIE casually says "Oh yeah, the chart was ammended" after they started shipping and being mentionned (by @Aardvark again)...Absolutely ridiculous....

Manual.png
2017-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dnerve Posted at 2017-6-19 14:15
So many lies....

I digged a bit to find this thread, another bag of lies:

I'm not so sure it was intentional on their part, I'm sure if they could use it as a selling point they would, given that the P4 is at the end of its production run (or that's what seems). The next firmware release for the P4  (already Beta tested) should tell all. Either a policy decision not to support the P4, or the 'Beta' release failed for some technical reason (quite possible).

Edit:- Or, we all might get a nice surprise....
2017-6-19
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-19 15:26
I'm not so sure it was intentional on their part, I'm sure if they could use it as a selling point they would, given that the P4 is at the end of its production run (or that's what seems). The next firmware release for the P4  (already Beta tested) should tell all. Either a policy decision not to support the P4, or the 'Beta' release failed for some technical reason (quite possible).

I have to agree, A. I suspect that DJI have always had at least one more firmware update planned for the P4, but it's just no longer a priority. The beta in January would have shown up some gimbal issues which they perhaps wanted to resolve first, but then the release of the P4A, then the Spark, sucked up the engineer team's focus. Then they were under pressure to resolve P4P horizon issues (now released for the P4P and P4A). Their roadmap no doubt had the P4 firmware release marked as earlier, and no doubt why the miscommunication to the marketing team for the Goggle specs in the manual. There was a window for the P4 in a very aggressive release schedule, and they missed it. All conjecture, of course.

Hey, I'm not happy with the protracted delay, but Natalia and others have said one is still coming - it no doubt just keeps getting put back onto the shelf when other more strategic platforms need a fix.
2017-6-19
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

Not saying this was intentional (but then again who knows, really).

Because let's face it: head tracking for the goggles and tripod mode are the most wanted features and 'diffentiating' points from the rest of the 'compatible' line-up (Besides the portability for the Mavic, and camera quality for P4A and P4P). Coincidence or a poor attempt to justify the ever increasing price point when R&D costs drop as the Phantom platform matures and other lines of products (Mavic, Spark) benefit from that very same R&D? To me it just looks that most of this is shared....Prosumer line benefits from Pro line of products just like Consumer line benefits from the other two.

What I am saying is that it seems that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing (as we say where I am from).

Conflicting and misleading touts from admins and staff, edited manuals, silence and no other commitment than "it's coming" for over 5 months now.

At this stage, DJI needs to provide us with the below answers/solutions:

1-Provide the Beta testers a way to get to a production release
2-An ETA for the new firmware
3-What features to REALLY expect or not and WHY
4-Offer to issue refunds over returns of P4 owners who purchased the goggles based on the initially announced feature list  (with no asterisks mentionning that final features are subject to change as opposed to the one stating that more features WILL come as in the 'revised' edition of the manual.)
5-A transparent, open and direct answer  as of why the Beta testers and the entire P4 customer base was treated like so.
Ideally, but we can DREAM ON, offer a way to trade in P4s to whoever wants to buy the goggles bundled with a drone that fully supports them in their inability to offer what they announced for the P4 (like a Mavic, P4A or P4P at 50% + the goggles full price).

It's THEIR fault if they cannot deliver, yet WE pay the cost over the money we handed over to them to be left in the dark and unsupported.

Anyway, I'm very tired of this, so tired I don't even want to get near my P4 anymore as it only reminds me of this; I'll more than likely get rid of it at a stupid price, turn the page on this sad story and turn my back too at DJI and never look back.

I know this will seem like one of these many other posts where Mr Know-it-all preaches the one and only truth but it turns out that I work for a real tech giant, much much much bigger than DJI and should we act in any remote way like this for ANY of our products we would be crucified on the spot by our Community, the relevant press and media and wouldn't stand a chance. We've scrambled on many occasions for far less wherever we haven't been able to be proactive and/or anticipate and always come back with regular updates and ultimately a solution. We protect our brand by protecting our customers, it's the only way nowadays...

I can't believe these guys are getting away with it in such a way, or lack of any way for that matter....

2017-6-19
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

Wow LOL, I was so focused on that thread, this is big in the goggles section, that's the top of the page!

Goggles.jpeg
2017-6-19
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think it was back on like page 3 or 4 when we first brought up the impending gogglesgate (trademarked). We were all wearing flares back then and full of hope. Ahhhh, page 3.... those were the days.
2017-6-19
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Have you guys figured out that there is no update coming? The Chinese will never give you anything for free. They are not like Apple and future upgrades are available as long as the hardware can support it. They may  think their Apple but clearly not. My iphone 6 is 3 years old and i still get updates. All these intelligent flight modes work just fine with Litchi and no firmware upgrade is needed, just $20. DJI is just waiting you out hoping you will upgrade to the latest and greatest. Also, if you think it was an accident that dji stated that the goggles were supported by the p4 then your pretty gullible. The manual changed the day the goggles shipped. So they built all these goggles just to find out on the shipping day that they werent compatible with the p4? I dont think so. They changed it on that day because shipping a product someone paid for that knowingly doesnt do what you say it can do is a Federal offense in the US and most other countries. They knew good and well that they werent going to make the goggles compatible and they certainly knew that but releasing that information would have negatively effected pre sales. They knew most people wouldnt return them especially if they kinda sorta promised they would work in the future. They suckered 100 people into using beta software to spread the word that the p4 was gonna have all these new flight modes and that head tracking was supported so that people would pre order the goggles. What is a 100 person beta test? A hundred users is an alpha test, 10,000 is a beta test.There are a lot more p4 owners than there are p4a/p owners. They needed us to believe that dji goggles could do things other goggles cant do so we would wait instead of buying superior and much cheaper Fat Shark goggles. God why did 3dr have to blow it? Clearly DJI learned absolutely nothing from 3dr's mistakes.
2017-6-19
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

I;m sorry, but really thinking cancel my CrystalSky pre-order. I dont want next expensive product with support like this ((
2017-6-20
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Ireland

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-6-19 22:45
I think it was back on like page 3 or 4 when we first brought up the impending gogglesgate (trademarked). We were all wearing flares back then and full of hope. Ahhhh, page 3.... those were the days.

lol
2017-6-20
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

To all the people saying you are going to abandon DJI for this... what quad would you buy instead.  Unfortunately DJI has no competitors... Yuneec? Autel? GoPro? Powervision? Am I missing anyone in the drone dumpster fire.  If I could just get the horizon issue resolved I would consider the P4 a great value!!
2017-6-20
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I love my P4. Works like a charm. I don't even have any noticeable tilt issue. As long as it keeps flying, I'll keep it. I just don't like how DJI has handled this whole thing. And I was genuinely excited about a few new features.
2017-6-20
Use props
Draiter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39852 ft

Canada

DJI
I need
Cool firmware
Kindly help
Seriously
2017-6-20
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Just do not buy any drones again.
DJI does not have good competitors, but if you have a big enemy, they are the laws of each country.

So that you want to buy a drone if you are later afraid of flying it and that you get a penalty for the police in your country.

I think DJI would end up like Gopro, that is, he would die of success.

It also gives very bad support to its users, as if they did not care at all.

And it's us who give our money to DJI, nobody else.

I sincerely do not think to buy any other product of DJI seeing the contempt that this company is showing by all its users.
2017-6-20
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
United States

Great news everyone!

Someone spotted the heads of the Dev , Marketting and Community teams scrambling this way to get that firmware update and much needed communication to us as quickly as possible and was quick enough to take a sneaky shot as they were on their way!

snails.jpg
2017-6-20
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 721795 ft
United States

Dnerve Posted at 2017-6-20 14:07
Great news everyone!

Someone spotted the heads of the Dev , Marketting and Community teams scrambling this way to get that firmware update and much needed communication to us as quickly as possible and was quick enough to take a sneaky shot as they were on their way!

LOL, and they probably only have a few more thousand miles to go....
2017-6-20
Use props
Dovivan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349334 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

if u know... )

2017-6-21
Use props
Dronald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103576 ft
Germany

People-will-forget-what-you-saidPeople.png
2017-6-21
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

They said Karma is a b*tch!
2017-6-21
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

Imho, I do believe there is a cultural issue going on with DJI.  The Chinese are a very proud race and as such do not respond well to shame or criticism. This might explain the silence from the moderators when a problem arises.  I do think the DJI make excellent and exciting products but they are a young company and need to adapt to the international markets they serve.  It would do them well to learn how  to provide honest communications to customers  and issue the occasional apology when something goes unexpectedly wrong.

This thread has needlessly gone way out of control.
2017-6-21
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

What is going on DJI? Where is the Firmware or an update? Some communication wouldn't hurt.
2017-6-22
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

The DJI Phantom 4 is officially dead
2017-6-22
Use props
Vincent D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622841 ft
United States

Pakawan Posted at 2017-6-22 03:43
The DJI Phantom 4 is officially dead

This is amazing. I'm not even a beta tester, but have been following the thread intently.  I have purchased 4  DJI drones in the last year and half; P3 Standard, P3 ADV, P3 Pro and a P4. Not to mention countless accesories and parts. I was ready to sell the P4 and purchase an inspire, but with this total lack of support not to mention the commication or lack there of, I will never purchase another DJI product again unless someone tells these poor folks something soon.
2017-6-22
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Have faith. They just released a FW update for my original Osmo :-)
2017-6-22
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

we received our Yuneec H920 and CGO4 camera.  Slick piece of gear and great customer support during purchase.

Anyone in the GTA wanna buy a mint condition P4 with the beta firmware and 5 batteries?
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules