Is DJI abandoning its loyal beta testers?
39661 585 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
United States

Forrest_Siems Posted at 2017-7-2 05:12
Some post those emails from a few pages back. We deserve better than this.

I have a screenie at home I believe I will publish them as soon as I find them(currently at work)...

This is a joke of a company really, I wish everybody sees this thread of shame because ultimately, this is what's bound to happen to everyone when things go wrong with their product:

They will be ignored and held by false promises, false advertisement and lies....Followed by more lies and silence...

2017-7-2
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-5 02:05
Hi All, I just got information from engineers, a new official firmware will be released soon.
Sorry we do not have the exact date when it's released, but you will not be kept waiting for a long time.

Can you define "soon" and "you will not be kept waiting for a long time" for us please???
2017-7-2
Use props
wangrincreation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 984436 ft
Canada

I wonder if this forum has any link with DJI headquarter, they just don't care about horrors going on here.  French said "Se tirer une balle dans les pieds"....
2017-7-2
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6037799 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Whats happens with DJI??

I think that DJI can dead of success, like gopro or similar companies.

A lot of problems with their phantoms, and DJI does nothing.

Loyal beta testers abandoned..........

More and more restrictions for flight in each country........

Bad times for DJI......... worst times for the customers..........

I have had a lot of products from DJI, now with abandoned P4 beta, and RC with charge problems...... I will not buy anything new or old from DJI........... I´m sorry.
2017-7-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Hi @djinatalia. Putting all the hysteria to one side for a second, would it be possible to get an update on the status of the firmware? Are we any closer to a resolution? I think if people could be a given a loose timeframe it would go a long way to resolving some of the hostility on this forum at the moment? Even if it's 'the next few weeks', 'the next few months', or 'sometime in 2017''. Could you reach out the the engineering team and try to get some form of tangible update?

Many thanks
2017-7-4
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I tried to login at the Beta portal today, just to check in, but when I click on the Login icon, it throws a 404 error. I wrote to the beta team but haven't gotten an answer yet.
2017-7-4
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814232 ft
Guernsey

Just a thought I cant test myself. Try running Assistant from command line and putting –force _upgrade
2017-7-4
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

Sorry it’s Assistant.exe - -force_upgradeOS X is slightly different. I dunno if this will let you downgrade to stock firmware. But worth a try.
2017-7-4
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Rob W Posted at 2017-7-4 02:08
I tried to login at the Beta portal today, just to check in, but when I click on the Login icon, it throws a 404 error. I wrote to the beta team but haven't gotten an answer yet.

That must mean the Beta Testing is finally finished and we can expect to see the final firmware any day now.
2017-7-4
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Or not.......... can be finally abandoned...................
2017-7-4
Use props
Draiter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39852 ft

Canada

Hola fellow abandoned pilots
2017-7-4
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

But when you click on the User Guide or Contact, it returns a valid page maintained on 'portal.dji-beta.com'. The pages which fail are taking you to 'account.dji.com', and they've removed the option pages for development ID login or registration, so a 404 error is returned. On the other hand, login from the DJI.com page takes you to the option page on 'account.dji.com' for public ID login, and that exists so that works. The fact they've done this suggests that they may not be beta testing using a formal approach anymore, and this is no doubt why the last P4P beta firmware was informal by open request via this forum.
2017-7-4
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

One can only wish that DJI after all the issues they are having right now (with firmwares, DJI Go and login problems for Go, and the XT app) understands that having users beta test their firmware and apps before public release, is a good thing.

Wake up, DJI! It is time to meet your users and beta testers!
2017-7-4
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

I contacted live support at DJI, and they say it's a server issue, and it should be resolved within 24 hours. I also asked her to contact the beta team, and make them in turn contact we beta testers. She said she would do that.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans26405633
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130837 ft
United States

I have a theory about why a firmware update hasn't been released - DJI is waiting to get rid of their Phantom 4 inventory. Think about this...

The only difference between the P4 Advanced and the P4 is the better camera and the newer flight modes. If the P4 were to get the newer flight modes, the only differentiator would be the camera.

Some buyers may decide a more advanced camera isn't necessary,  go for the cheaper option and skip the P4 Advanced. But leaving the flight modes out of the P4 may be enough to convince them to fork over more for the P4 Advanced.

Once budget conscious buyers finish all the P4 inventory, we will get our firmware update. And that is my theory!!
2017-7-5
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My theory is they have countdown timer on the wall for the release of the firmware; and every time someone posts on this thread it resets itself.
2017-7-5
Use props
p4ever
lvl.4
Flight distance : 681975 ft
Greece

After 1 month of announced, still waiting
2017-7-5
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
New Zealand

Where is the update DJI this is a joke.
2017-7-5
Use props
Pakawan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7264 ft
Thailand

New Firmware for Phantom 4 is Available (06/07/2017)
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2017-7-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yep. Finally happened.
Will be testing this weekend. I hope it has the horizon fix provided for the P4P, along with aligning the battery firmware.
Thanks at last, DJI.
2017-7-6
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

Must be a cold day in hell ... Ill be testing the new firmware soon
2017-7-6
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Spyder3534 Posted at 2017-7-6 04:47
Must be a cold day in hell  ... Ill be testing the new firmware soon

Has anybody actually managed to download it yet tho? Both Assistant 2 and GO4 are both telling me I'm on the latest  firmware already
2017-7-6
Use props
Dronald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103576 ft
Germany

It´s a miracle
I can´t believe it
wunder.jpg
2017-7-6
Use props
Stach23
lvl.3
Flight distance : 721795 ft
United States

Spyder3534 Posted at 2017-7-6 04:47
Must be a cold day in hell  ... Ill be testing the new firmware soon

I will be holding off until others report back as the biggest gain for me would be a fix for the Tilted Horizon issue and I see nothing in the release notes that looks even remotely close to that.

However, I will anxiously await reports of what's fixed, new and of course broken with the latest release.
2017-7-6
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm lost for words. Can finally put this thread to bed. It's almost become a forum in its own right. looks forward to reports. Will be the weekend before I can test it out. Thanks DJI.
2017-7-6
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

have any of the beta testers successfully updated yet?  I won't be able to test until tomorrow.

A beta tester in the firmware announcement thread is reporting that he is not seeing available updates.
2017-7-6
Use props
Driller35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106 ft
Thailand

Thank You for finally releasing, will have to wait for updating as currently  away, but i hope the RC update also is the answer to the RC charging issues  
2017-7-6
Use props
BEN_M16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Driller, the RC update dont fix the problem................
2017-7-6
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Whats the deal?: Im not seeing any update. The app says im on the latest firmware.
2017-7-6
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

What’s this ???
IMG_0337.PNG
2017-7-6
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Too low res. Cant see the image
2017-7-6
Use props
Dronald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103576 ft
Germany

Do someone know if there are any limitations in the new fw.?   ref.  max Height 500 m / 32 Chanel Hack ?  
2017-7-6
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-6 11:02
Too low res. Cant see the image

Pic from DJI Assistant
Sorry it says deactivate disativate(clear) etc
Also has a format internal data log

Assistant

Assistant
2017-7-6
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Duchunter Posted at 2017-7-6 10:43
Whats the deal?: Im not seeing any update. The app says im on the latest firmware.

Looks like DJI are shafting us yet again cause we are still stuck on the Beta Firmware!!!!!!!
2017-7-6
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

M109 Posted at 2017-7-6 13:11
Looks like DJI are shafting us yet again cause we are still stuck on the Beta Firmware!!!!!!!

Exactly.  No update.
2017-7-6
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-7-6 06:36
I'm lost for words. Can finally put this thread to bed. It's almost become a forum in its own right. looks forward to reports. Will be the weekend before I can test it out. Thanks DJI.

Can't put it to bed yet, Beta Testers are STILL stuck on the Beta Firmware!!!!
2017-7-6
Use props
StephenGSY
lvl.3
Guernsey

Can’t you testers do a forced update? Or does it only show beta software?
2017-7-6
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Man, that really sucks. There has to be a quick fix to this, from DJI's end.  I'd suggest opening a new thread because this will just get diluted in here and the official firmware thread.
2017-7-6
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-7-6 13:32
Exactly.  No update.

seriously DJI wtf???!
2017-7-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm seriously lost for words about still being left in this situation...

But to try to resolve it - looks like Assistant 2 thinks the beta firmware is a more recent version to v2.00.0106. I recall that the Beta was v2.0.0.12, so I think we've been burnt by a version numbering format change...

So I'm going back to what I did in post #36 to see if I can trick Assistant 2 again. I hope I still have Assistant s v1.1.0-2 somewhere to install to try to replicate what I saw again.
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules