Weak gps signal!!!!!
31966 20 2017-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans62c8ade7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 427713 ft
United States

Does anyone knows how ton improve my gps signal every time I try follow me mode it says weak signal !!
2017-3-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The message relates to the GPS in your phone or tablet, not the aircraft. The aircraft is using the GPS in the phone to get a co-ordinbate for the RC unit, and most phone or tablets do not have very good GPS receivers. Note that the phone must be out in thje open to get a good positioning fix, beinig in a car is bad, or indoors. One way to fix it is to pair your phonbe with a real GPS receiver, like a Garmin.
2017-3-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"Weak GPS Signal" usually means no gps signal.
ANd the signal it refers to is the GPS in your phone or tablet which is necessary for follow-me flying.
The most common reason is that you don't have a GPS receiver in your device or it's not switched on in Location Services or it doesn't have a good view of the sky.
2017-3-24
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Hey look, another anomaly.
2017-3-30
Use props
pilifida23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1254659 ft
Romania

It's the application. Or maybe the quad. I;ve seen that when the drone has less than 9-10 sattelites connected, it will not start FOLLOW ME. U cannot say that it's because of the phone's gps signal when all other positioning applications are working just PEREFCT. And believe me, high-end phones gps receivers are just enough for normal people. I've been using my phone 's gps in hiking equiped only with google maps without a single problem ever (except for battery drain).
2017-4-4
Use props
userdf74ea15a8
New
Flight distance : 20617 ft
United States

Why my celphone say no internet signal in my app dji , when i conect my phantom 3 standar
2017-4-5
Use props
sdevan45
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6493 ft
United States

userdf74ea15a8 Posted at 2017-4-5 12:40
Why my celphone say no internet signal in my app dji , when i conect my phantom 3 standar

Because the network exists only between your phone and your rc, so you really don't have an internet connection to the wide world.   However, you do have a private network connection necessary to control your Phantom.
2017-4-5
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I had test of various modes of automatic flights inclusive <Follow me>. The first time <Follow me> didn´t  work with an odys without GPS-receiver. The second time the GPS was to weak for the Tab with GPS.
The 3rd and 4th time it was working. If you have more than 7 or satellites on your display then the <Follow me> will work on a P3S with your phone/tab.
2017-4-8
Use props
fans832ae5da
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18196 ft
United States

My P3 pro has the same problem.  Im showing 14 satellites and I can't get it to work, randomly it will flash over to strong signal then it goes right back to saying weak.  I have a new IPhone 7plus and a iPad Pro that im using and all other gps features work , includes my speed ap.   This feature used to worked flawless.
2017-7-27
Use props
grubburgT
lvl.2
United States

I had the same problem on my mavic pro.  The GPS said 18 or higher, but it continued to say weak GPS and follow me wouldn't work.  I mailed the drone back to DJI Wednesday and we'll see what they say...
2018-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

grubburgT Posted at 2018-2-22 15:23
I had the same problem on my mavic pro.  The GPS said 18 or higher, but it continued to say weak GPS and follow me wouldn't work.  I mailed the drone back to DJI Wednesday and we'll see what they say...

Go back up and read post #2 & #3
There's nothing wrong with your Mavic
2018-2-22
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Both copters have good to excellent GPS recerivers. But the GPS receivers on various mobiles are very good and very bad too. It´´s a really wide spectrum.  If you got "Weak GPS" then it´s from the mobile and not the copter.
2018-2-23
Use props
grubburgT
lvl.2
United States

then why does the screen say GPS is 18?  
2018-2-23
Use props
grubburgT
lvl.2
United States

also why does my phone's GPS work perfectly on other apps?
2018-2-23
Use props
HugoN/4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 248878 ft
France

I had the same problem but there is no solutions in fact this is not defectuous it's just thaht you don't have enough gps connected i think retry in other places and open spaces
2018-2-23
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

One thing to consider is many phones use a combination of wifi/cellular along with GPS to get a faster fix. Perhaps when connected to the drone, the wifi "position" is screwing with the phone's GPS positioning if it's trying to use both. Usually there is an option to only use GPS sats on the phone
2018-2-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

grubburgT Posted at 2018-2-23 12:01
also why does my phone's GPS work perfectly on other apps?

The app was telling you that it was getting no GPS data from your phone.
It needs to know where the phone is to be able to follow it.
Perhaps you had your phone's GPS disabled in Location Sevices or you were under cover and the Phantom did not have a clear view of the sky.
The Phantom showed 18 sats because it had it's GPS on and it had a good view of the sky.
You may believe your phone was giving GPS locations when it was actually using other means to get a location.  eg wifi or cell tower triangulation.
Unless to have  good GPS data from your phone or tablet, follow-me will not work.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. I would recommend users bring their drone to a wide place with good GPS signal. A place without many high buildings. Do not attach stickers on the drone. Please wait for a few minutes and see if it gets GPS signal. Thanks for your support.  
2018-2-23
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

grubburgT Posted at 2018-2-23 12:01
then why does the screen say GPS is 18?

They are the copters received GPS and Glonas Satellites and not the phones received.
2018-2-24
Use props
Argyle47
lvl.1
Flight distance : 313455 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same or similar problem. I am not sure that the problem is with your tablet/phone as my error code says the'gps signal from aircraft is weak'  Furthermore the aircraft does not hover as stable as it used to. I feel the problem is in the aircraft.
2019-4-18
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Argyle47 Posted at 4-18 00:06
I have the same or similar problem. I am not sure that the problem is with your tablet/phone as my error code says the'gps signal from aircraft is weak'  Furthermore the aircraft does not hover as stable as it used to. I feel the problem is in the aircraft.

Is the AC drifting in the wind or steady hovering? If the signal on AC too weak then the copter got too few sats for the Gps receiver.
For "Folloy me" function you need 2 coordinates of GPS,1  of the AC and 1 of you (phone/tab/RC)
You set the distance between you and your AC and that distance and height of your AC is the offset that your AC  tries tho hold. But if 1 of the 2 coordinates not accurate or not available then this function is not executable. If all other function flights are executable then is the GPS receiver of the phone/tab the culprit .
If not then the AC´s receiver needs attention.
2019-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules