[Updated] YouMavic - Upload Raw Mavic Videos
1935 16 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b33
lvl.2
Spain

We made a small website where pilots can upload raw mavic footage directly and unprocessed from sd-card. The idea is to cover the map with video clips to explore the world from the eyes of another mavic pilot.
If you do like the idea upload some clips to YouMavic.com. We just started the site and would implement the community aspect next.
We do cover the full location details now of any video upload.
Screenshot from 2017-03-25 17-13-25.png
To start with your files you can easy just drag and drop all your videos on the upload page.
Screenshot from 2017-03-25 17-23-58.png

Videos appear on the map with the starting location of each record.
Screenshot from 2017-03-25 17-24-53.png

You can post any clip on social media like facebook.  
Screenshot from 2017-03-25 17-28-29.png
Hands on. Use videos only from sd card. Try it yourself. No sign-up required.

2017-3-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Good luck with your web site. You may want to edit your post, though, because while the text (YouMavic.com) in your link is correct, the link itself doesn't work.
2017-3-25
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-25 04:35
Good luck with your web site. You may want to edit your post, though, because while the text (YouMavic.com) in your link is correct, the link itself doesn't work.

Thanks! I did correct the link. Let me know if you find bugs.
2017-3-25
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I am not sure I understand what YouMavic is offering. Is the idea that you will clean up the videos? Is the goal to provide just a video hosting site?  It looks like a site to host videos and there doesn't seem to be any where to organize or quickly find videos but maybe that is coming.
2017-3-25
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-3-25 05:26
I am not sure I understand what YouMavic is offering. Is the idea that you will clean up the videos? Is the goal to provide just a video hosting site?  It looks like a site to host videos and there doesn't seem to be any where to organize or quickly find videos but maybe that is coming.

Its like a video hosting for geo located content. I do like your feature to organize and quickly find located videos. It's added to the list.
2017-3-25
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

Added full location details now for video uploads.

Seems unusual to use sd card videos in raw. No need for any post processing.
https://www.youmavic.com/megaarena-partykeller-am-ballermann-412

2017-3-25
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

Added tutorial to my #1 post. Its all about raw videos.
2017-3-25
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

I like it...still seems like you would benefit from color grading and editing down the content.  When I pull down 20 minutes of video, I usually  edit that down to about a minute of footage which I share. Nice idea, though to provide quick and easy sharing.
2017-3-26
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-3-26 10:06
I like it...still seems like you would benefit from color grading and editing down the content.  When I pull down 20 minutes of video, I usually  edit that down to about a minute of footage which I share. Nice idea, though to provide quick and easy sharing.

thanks for your perspective. Seems like an editor for uploaded content needs to be on my plan. Just preview 5 different color grades at once and select that one you want to process your content with, it something i have in my mind.

i want playlists to fly routes on my chromecast aswell
2017-3-30
Use props
fansc0fb4145
lvl.3
Flight distance : 521627 ft
Germany

Just a quick question, where do you get the storage and bandwith for the 4k videos?
2017-3-30
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Hey I love the idea? Spanish in Berlin! Hallo! I'm close to Frankfurt! Let me know if you need some help with anything (I don't know if it's an open source project or fan project or if it is commercial) I'm an IT Consultant
2017-3-30
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

fansc0fb4145 Posted at 2017-3-30 04:58
Just a quick question, where do you get the storage and bandwith for the 4k videos?

There are a lot of sites. I personally just post to Youtube but I see users using SkyPixel and Vimeo, and other sites as well.
2017-3-30
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

fansc0fb4145 Posted at 2017-3-30 04:58

YouMavic is running on amazon aws and uses the individual systems like transcoding and queueing. Next to the raw uploads we take transcoded copies of all content uploaded. 720p, fullhd, and ofcause 4k.
2017-4-2
Use props
fansc0fb4145
lvl.3
Flight distance : 521627 ft
Germany

b33 Posted at 2017-4-2 23:20
YouMavic is running on amazon aws and uses the individual systems like transcoding and queueing. Next to the raw uploads we take transcoded copies of all content uploaded. 720p, fullhd, and ofcause 4k.

This sounds incredibly expensive. May I ask how you are financing this?
2017-4-5
Use props
b33
lvl.2
Spain

fansc0fb4145 Posted at 2017-4-5 12:15
This sounds incredibly expensive. May I ask how you are financing this?

Actually it is not to expensive and we run it more for a proof of concept right now. But we indeed do have a lot of ideas how to make money for the platform as well as for the uploading pilots. Right now, i just wish we could get 100 Pilots to upload their videos from all over the world to youmavic.com {:4_142:}

Basically i am just curious how the world looks like (unedited) and how other pilots fly their routines. If it would be common sense that most of the drone pilots you see will upload their content to a single point on the internet, everyone could benefit. "Oh look a drone, lets check youmavic.com later and see whats their!". If i could find someone that is interested in supporting to grow such a community, Pm me!
spill the beans; we could also catch all live streams from any mavic so that all kind of live reporting can immediately happen. We just need your help. From pilots that do like a future where drones matter in our daily life.
2017-5-11
Use props
JaushG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412106 ft
United States

Awesome idea! I hope it catches on because i would like to see if there are any other drone enthusiasts around me.
2017-5-11
Use props
JaushG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412106 ft
United States

Awesome idea! I hope it catches on because i would like to see if there are any other drone enthusiasts around me.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules