Flytrex or iosd?
1891 6 2015-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doc43
lvl.2

United States

These devices seem to do a lot of the same things. Please correct me if I am wrong. It would be nice to have the tracking function and the downloadable flight info offered by Flytrex.

2015-2-26
Use props
bbrunner11.gmai
lvl.1

United States

Flytrex for the live flight tracking alone.  It works as long as there is juice in the battery, and pings a couple of times / second.
2015-2-26
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

IOSD does not provide any tracking, depending what you get (Mark ii or Mini) depends what you can do with it.

Mini - Does not record any flight information, it only relays it, usually through FPV.
Mark ii - has the ability to record alot of flight information - BUT, this does not work very well in my experience.

Flytrex has 2 products, Core and Live.

Core is very small and saves flight info to a micro SD card for review at a later date.
Live uses the 3g network to transmit the flight data live to the internet (this can be set to public or private modes)

Flytrex allows export of the data to csv of kml files to view later.

2015-2-26
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Australia

Yug Posted at 2015-2-27 09:14
So do you think the mini plus the Flytrex Core is the best combination?

Having said that mine wou ...

If live flight tracking is not needed then i would just stick with the core.

I have 2 setups.

My P2 has the core because i do not really mind if it has live tracking or not.
My S1000 has the live because I would not be happy if i was to loose that.

With the setup listed you will also need to add a canbus hub (Iosd Mini and Datalink run off the canbus) as you wont have enough ports.

The iosd should be able to fit inside the shell. The flytrex core sits on the outside of the shell.

Should be safe to fly, just use quality double sided tape to secure everything.

Other factors to consider is the added weight and battery life. And remember max of 25 mW for your transmitter unless you have a radio license.
2015-2-26
Use props
doc43
lvl.2

United States

Is there a scenario where I would want both Flytrex and IOSD on the same bird at the same time?
2015-2-27
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Australia

Yug Posted at 2015-2-27 10:00
I might ditch the DataLink (I still have not used it yet).

The other thing is I want to go over to ...

That combo looks good and also allows for simple installation.

I had my datalink on for a few flight in Naza M and worked fine for me, I took it off in the end because it was not needed for every flight.
2015-2-27
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Australia

doc43 Posted at 2015-2-28 12:48
Is there a scenario where I would want both Flytrex and IOSD on the same bird at the same time?

That is completely up to you.

I do because i like to record my flights and put them into google earth for record.
Iosd comes in handy to determine orientation, distance and altitude etc of the craft when it is up high.

Of course Iosd information is put as an overlay over you FPV stream to ground.
2015-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules