2436 5 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

Greetings friends,

If you are a former beta tester still running firmware 02.00.0012 and DJI GO 4.0.6 and you are missing "Draw" and "Terrain Follow" modes on your IOS device, I have discovered how to make them reappear.  If you are in the habit of starting the remote and the DJI GO 4 app and then powering up your P4 and immediately pressing "ENTER DEVICE", you will be missing these two flight modes when you tap the remote controller icon on the main screen to select additional flight modes.  However, if you start the remote and the DJI GO 4 app and then power up the P4 and WAIT until you see the see these two messages "Collecting Version Info. Please Wait..." followed by "Latest version. This notification will automatically disappear in 2 seconds." and THEN press "GO FLY" the two missing flight modes will be there when you look for them.  See the attached screenshots.

--Jim

Burbank, CA
IMG_0008.PNG
IMG_0009.PNG
IMG_0010.PNG
2017-3-25
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

Wow. Pretty sneaky. I'm still on beta everything and don't even have the regular go 4 installed. I haven't flown for a while so I don't know if it all still works or not.

Did they constant  RTH wind warning go away with the commercial version of go?
2017-3-25
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

dirtdroner Posted at 2017-3-25 17:31
Wow. Pretty sneaky. I'm still on beta everything and don't even have the regular go 4 installed. I haven't flown for a while so I don't know if it all still works or not.

Did they constant  RTH wind warning go away with the commercial version of go?

Still getting the wind warning even on relatively calm days.
2017-3-26
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

And if the P4 is already powered on, and Then you power on the RC, and Then you power on the app? I haven't flown my P4 with the latest GO yet (been using my P4P), but I suspect that would work OK too. This sequence resolves some other issues reported previously too, which is why I do it.

And separate to this post, I note that 'flight distance' is now displayed under the avatar. Mine's understated, because I fly with Litchi a lot - that sux!!
2017-3-26
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-3-26 03:43
Still getting the wind warning even on relatively calm days.

It must think it's a Mavic.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans3908b0fb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132923 ft
Vietnam

How about normal user without beta firmware?! And other tricks to have those features back?!
It seems like my Terain Follow and Gesture mode are permanently gone...after I updated Go 4 apps to ver 4.0.6 on my iPhone 6s.
My ipad (wifi only, that's why i dont use it very often) is with Go 4 apps ver 4.0.5 still has those flight modes available...

2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules