466 0 2017-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc0fb4145
lvl.3
Flight distance : 521627 ft
Germany

Hello there,
I have been lurking on these forums for about 5 months now, reading almost every post every day wishing I had a mavic.
After seeing so many threads about problems and things that went wrong I thought it would be good to dedicate a thread to a positive experience.

I have had my mavic for 5 days now and have flown it each day. I had a phantom 3 pro previously which I extensively used, so I am not a total newbie.
So far almost everything I touched or used with the mavic has proven to be an improvement. I am even getting the hang of the gimbal fix.

The things that surprised me most:
- Flight time seems endless (coming from P3Pro)
- Controller setup with Ipad mini 2 works really well, but controller battery does drain rather fast (designed for 4 batteries I believe)
- Very nice to charge the controller with micro USB, although I always put it in the wrong way- The controller has a fan that kicks in when you use it inside
- Rock steady (I believe the lack of landing gear gives it an aerodynamic advantage)
- Automatic takeoff/landing does not make it bob up and down anymore
- Advanced charging dock with P4 charger is great, although it has a fan that does a high pitched whirring noise (Batteries charge 2x faster)
- Software update worked flawlessly
- Stream was flawless even with minor obstacles in the way, better than Lightbridge
- Batteries have a hard surface on each side, making the less prone to puncturing and easier to throw into a bag with other stuff
- Love the bubble around the gimbal
- Image is sharp everywhere (my biggest concern previously)
- Much much more

Things that annoy me:
- For some reason the live preview while taking pictures is incredibly sharp and awful to look at (photos turn out fine, preview in video mode fine)
- Sometimes blacks get crushed badly into a grey mush, which is very noticable and makes footage unusable (I believe setting the right exposure remedies that) --> was not the case with P3P, I am hoping for an update to the compression algorithm
- Gesture mode seems to be randomly appearing and disappearing (maybe it's dependent on a setting I haven't checked yet) and we only got it working 50% of the time, so we didn't read the manual
- The gimbal lock is harder to put on and takes a bit to get used to

So far I am VERY happy with my mavic, the images are simply stunning. The only thing that really annoys me is the crushed blacks.

Cheers

Sam

2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules