Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 pro+ worth the extra money?
1977 15 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FeariTself
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

I'm looking to get the p4 pro+ for ease of controller setup - not having to setup my phone everytime I fly it and the added screen brightness. How does the built in screen receive a gps feed? Can you see the map while using this controller? Is it worth the extra money?
2017-3-26
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

I have the p4p+ and like it, i bought it so i didnt have to worry about additional peripherals, charging ipads, remembering cables etc.  I am sure there are some disadvantages but i wanted a complete unit
2017-3-26
Use props
Aussie4220
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

you can see the map whilst using the controller.  I think it si worth the extra money
2017-3-26
Use props
SM-17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

No, it's not worthed.

You have:
A brighter screen
Late dji go 4 app updates
App crashing during flight
And lot more....

You don't have:
Screen recording
Google maps
Ability to install other apps.
2017-3-26
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have one and love it. I have had zero problems. No crashes, no video breakup, none of the stuff I hear so many complaining about.
I love the simplicity, bright screen, no need for cables, I-pad, hood, etc. It is lighter than my Inspire setup and less top heavy.
I have no desire to add any other apps, or 3rd party software, so that is not an issue for me.
If I had any wish it would be for a slightly bigger screen. But not much bigger. Maybe 7" vs 5.5"
I am glad I got it and consider it worth every penny.

I wish they made one just like it for my Inspire..........
2017-3-26
Use props
FeariTself
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195151 ft

United States

Crazy deals sometimes on eBay. This is 1,000$ less than the dji store.
IMG_2156.PNG
2017-3-29
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have the pro+ and in general I prefer the built in monitor...primarily for it's brightness and the simplicity.  That being said I understand the criticisms that others have made.  I have seen the DJI 4 app crash...though not while in flight.  This certainly needs to be fixed.  While I would prefer a larger monitor like the size of an iPad, I will gladly trade size for brightness.  This was DJI's first attempt to incorporate a monitor into the controller.  Perhaps future efforts will be more refined and seamless.
2017-3-29
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

SM-17 Posted at 2017-3-26 11:48
No, it's not worthed.

You have:

mine has never crashed!  not once !
2017-3-29
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mine is great , no problems and can set up and be in the air in 2 mins, which is great when i am flying loads of short flights while out walking
well worth it in my oppinion
2017-3-29
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a opinion thing. My opinion is that the drawbacks far outweigh the benefits. Not worth it.
2017-3-29
Use props
Faust
New

United States

RandyHat Posted at 2017-3-29 08:00
I have the pro+ and in general I prefer the built in monitor...primarily for it's brightness and the simplicity.  That being said I understand the criticisms that others have made.  I have seen the DJI 4 app crash...though not while in flight.  This certainly needs to be fixed.  While I would prefer a larger monitor like the size of an iPad, I will gladly trade size for brightness.  This was DJI's first attempt to incorporate a monitor into the controller.  Perhaps future efforts will be more refined and seamless.

Can the Pro+ controllers new screen be removed if I wanted to use my iPad Pro in certain situations?
2017-3-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Faust Posted at 2017-3-29 14:01
Can the Pro+ controllers new screen be removed if I wanted to use my iPad Pro in certain situations?

No ... but you can use a different controller if you want to use a bigger screen.
2017-3-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. The reasons above for the better screen are very valid. The decision for me not to go with the P4P+, but with the P4P, was down to my desire to run both DJI GO and Litchi. And I'm now keen to try out Dronepan - and I can do this, because I'm not locked out of the app environment (which you are on the P4P+).
So, if you don't want to run ANY other apps other than DJI GO on the tablet and you have the spare $$s, then I'm sure the dedicated screen with the P4P+ is attractive.
2017-3-29
Use props
AndreWolski
lvl.1

Canada

Just wait a few months , P5 will be out and the P4P+ will be 30% off , or just get the P5 instead... I got a P4 , P4P+ is not worth the money...
2017-3-30
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

"P4P+ is not worth the money..."   Why do people have to post their opinions as though the are fact?  The "fact" is that the pro+ was worth the extra expense to "me".  It depends on your priorities, needs, and preferences.  I would never presume to say it is worth it to everyone and certainly I would not make a blanket statement either way.  Is it perfect?  No.  Nor is my iPad perfect when it is practically unusable in bright sunlight.  It also depend a lot of the type of flying/videography/photography you will be doing.  For critical use with my Inspire I do use an iPad with the full Hoodman sun shield setup.  This definitely gives the best image visability on the monitor but the whole large iPad/Hoodman setup is kinda unwieldily. For most of my sport and casual use I prefer the pro+ because of the simplicity of setup,  and the brightness of the screen.  One has to balance all these factors to determine what is best for THEM.
2017-3-30
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AndreWolski Posted at 2017-3-30 06:24
Just wait a few months , P5 will be out and the P4P+ will be 30% off , or just get the P5 instead... I got a P4 , P4P+ is not worth the money...

totaly unhelpfull statement ,  no help whatsoever to the op

state Why it is not worth it to you?   
when a p5 comes out it will have similar problems same as every other model when launched.

the p4p+ works perfectly for most people
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules