Flying A Drone In The Neighborhood - Then They Call The Law!!
70367 78 2017-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sjatty05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294613 ft
United States

fredq2 Posted at 2017-4-17 13:28
tvl,

I agree with other posters regarding finding something interesting to fly over. Ive flown my P3P over my neighborhood 20 or 30X (Im in the US) but it does get boring. I checked out a fire one time to make sure it wasnt a house. I flew over a construction zone for a retirement place next door and that was just ok.

I live in a neighborhood where the minimum lot size is 2 acres.  I didn't know I was bothering anyone until my neighbor came over ranting like a madman.  He said I was spying on him and looking in his windows.  I would like to have shown him the pictures that the drone takes, but he never did calm down enough.  

Since then a couple of other people have been flying drones.  The neighbor called the police.  I can hear that 911 call, "there is a drone in the sky".  

When I want to take great aerial pictures, I use my Phantom 4.  When I want to spy on someone, I look online.  There is more information and more personal pictures on Facebook than I could possibly take with my drone.   

I think people are going to have to get used to drones.  I see them a couple of times a week in this area.  
2017-5-6
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197779 ft
United States

Sjatty05 Posted at 2017-5-6 13:27
I live in a neighborhood where the minimum lot size is 2 acres.  I didn't know I was bothering anyone until my neighbor came over ranting like a madman.  He said I was spying on him and looking in his windows.  I would like to have shown him the pictures that the drone takes, but he never did calm down enough.  

Since then a couple of other people have been flying drones.  The neighbor called the police.  I can hear that 911 call, "there is a drone in the sky".  

1- I still don't understand some folks thought process:  How does one spy and look in windows at 250 fee of altitude or above. The camera on a P4 doesn't have near the capability folks must think!

2- And yes, we do have some very decent spying capabilities right at our fingertips by utilizing the internet. I guess most folks don't realize that fact!

3- No one seems to have noticed the "Google" van that has made a visit or two in the past taking videos of our properties from right in front of our homes. But, that small drone that is flying 250 to 400 feet above their home, is definitely a "spy machine".

Anyway, because of all this I have lost almost all interest in flying my drone. It hasn't been turned on in about 4 weeks now. I suppose at some point I will fly it again, but for now, the joy has subsided!

PS:  Oh, I forgot to mention that in my case I wasn't even flying over the neighbors home that had complained to the authorities. They stated I had, but my DJI Go app would definitely prove otherwise. Anyway, I guess neighborhood flying is not recommended in my case because I don't want to be listed as a bad neighbor or worse yet, a pervert that likes to spy on others.
2017-5-6
Use props
NetDep
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202372 ft
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-26 20:36
Ask him did his wife contact Google, the NSA, CIA and many other organizations that photgraph their place from above their property?

Just because his wife doesn't like something does not allow her to determine what you can or cannot do.

This.

Far too many of these threads (not being critical) and we can see what bending over backwards to accommodate  someone get us - more demands to not do what we want.  Ever hear, "give a mouse a cookie?"

Although I realize that, "get along and go along." will go a long way - your acting within the law/local jurisdiction puts right of your side. The frequent calls of, "I'm going to call the police," should be met with, "go ahead."

I realize this is an international forum and different Countries have varying ideas of rudeness and politeness but around these parts the demand of a stranger to stop doing something I KNOW I have every right to do will be met first with silence and if the yammering continues will be met with an offer of MY calling the police - for disorderly conduct, assault or harassment/stalking.

We have indulged and tolerated the "feelings hurt and everything" and the blatant misunderstanding and ignorant knee jerk hate of drones - without any real reason - to the extent we risk losing the hobby to stupid local laws and bodies that keep pushing and pushing a segment that seems to not every push back. I have not had the experience of any questions other than interest and fascination but I can assure you that someone who approaches me with hostility will be met not with accommodating compliance.

Fly safe!! <end rant>  
2017-5-7
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Stories like this make me realize how lucky I am to have a 150 acre property in the mountains to fly on.  Or blow things up on. Or whatever.  Anyone who happens to be in Southern California and is looking for a place to fly, you have an open invitation here anytime.  Hell, I may not even notice you are here.
2017-5-7
Use props
Jeffyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4252 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-3-27 01:39
In the USA the FAA governs the air space. As long as you fly within the parameters the FAA has established you will be within the law.

Where I lived in Southern California it's much more than just the FAA laws. In addition to the FAA we also have a local laws which can be enforced by the police.
2017-6-8
Use props
Jeffyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4252 ft
  • >>>
United States

tvl Posted at 2017-4-9 08:26
Well, I don't like controversy! I can see this type thing occurring again AND I can also see this possibly occurring somewhere else I might want to fly.  I'm still thinking it might just be in my best interest to sell everything. Actually, I took photos of everything earlier today in anticipation of selling. I do have mixed emotions about all of this, but the officer did state that folks seem to be getting more and more concerned about drones in the air. For the most part, their "fears" are unjustified, but their persistence is annoying and simply ruins the day for me! While I'm still not sure exactly what I will do, I am seriously leaning towards selling everything.

I worry about getting my head bashed in by the police out here in jungle land every time I go out. I've been screamed at,  dogs have been turned loose, cops have been called, rangers threw us out of a county park and the list goes on and on.  If you live in the middle of nowhere consider yourself lucky. In Southern California it's insane, but I will keep on flying until the day I die!
2017-6-8
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Ask him would he like to see some photos of his wife having sex with another guy while he is at work? See if his attitude changes then say I was just kidding!
2017-6-10
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Jeffyk Posted at 2017-6-8 20:32
Where I lived in Southern California it's much more than just the FAA laws. In addition to the FAA we also have a local laws which can be enforced by the police.

True that.

Laguna Beach, CA enacted some anti-photography law recently where you need some $100 permit to photograph even your dog for two hours.

Here:  https://petapixel.com/2017/06/09 ... photo-shoot-public/

If you have a decent DSLR camera, you can get into issues with it "Looking too professional" and get kicked out of some areas without a permit.  Tripod adds the the matter.

https://petapixel.com/2015/05/05 ... gh-end-camera-gear/

2017-6-11
Use props
fans13e415cc
New
Flight distance : 1404 ft
United States

I had my ADJACENT back-yard neighbor go ape-sh*t. Now, I was inspecting mold on a skylight on MY PROPERTY, though after she said she'd shoot down the drone, I recommended she call the police, so she called her local 'buddy cop' (probably family).  He was cool, or as cool as a cop could be, said people are weird about that stuff. I informed him that if I wanted to spy on them I would OPEN MY WINDOWS not send a buzzing hive over them. When I said this, last, he asked "on their property", which kind of left me a-gasp as he said "they claim you hovered 5 minutes over them.". Umm, no. That number came from the kids (I could hear the mom and kids whining, them not knowing I was feet away).

I asked him to inform her that it is illegal to shoot down my drone. He said they already did.

The next day I made a final flight, as she was outside waiting I could see (again, all I have to do is look out my back window), so I sent it up to 395ft and did a semi-circle around her property, landing back on mine. It was an overcast day, so line of sight maintained, etc... If they want to try to bring charges, bring it on, but what a crazy world. Do they think these things have X-RAY vision?

The laws that say 'you can't fly over people' mean you can't fly over groups of people, not structures. If you damage a structure you are LIABLE for sure, but that is different and not what the law means.

Fortunately, most police officers have friends, or departments even, have drones now, and so they well know their capabilities and the standard law. If I had descended into her yard, absolutely, swat it down with a broomstick, but I was nowhere near her property while I was hovering over mine. And once you 200+ ft off the ground it is hard to tell (though we know with our instruments). I imagine she couldn't see it, so assumed I was spying on her. As if all I have to do, every day, is spy on her and her stupid kids. Like I said, if I did want to do that, and I don't, that would be the worst way to do it.

People are nuts. The world is nuts. Best to just not get caught up in it.
2017-8-31
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

NetDep Posted at 2017-5-7 08:45
This.

Far too many of these threads (not being critical) and we can see what bending over backwards to accommodate  someone get us - more demands to not do what we want.  Ever hear, "give a mouse a cookie?"

NEtDep,good post.i feel the same way.i am64 years old and tired of all the b.s.
2017-9-1
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

Here's a more recent post discussing the same issues people are having:

I was yelled at the other day....What are your stories?

Steve
Flight distance : 5852
Flight distance + Litchi: 59545
2017-9-1
Use props
gyrex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7454275 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-26 18:49
Laws do vary depending on your location.

Generally speaking you have to fly safely and to do that you should not fly over people. Here in Australia we have to keep 30m lateral distance from people buildings boats etc. Having said that if you are flying legally then peopl do not own or control the airspace over their property.  It would make no sense if they did as any aircraft could not fly. The lenses we have are wide and as such you do not see much detail of individuals if you are maintaining a safe distance. There will generally be some laws which cover privacy considerations and harassment and these too vary.

Just to be clear for all Australians on here, the CASA rule you're referring to states "You must not fly closer than 30 metres to other people.". It doesn't mention lateral (horizontal) or vertical so this would mean that you can't fly within 30m of other people in any direction (or as the crow flies).

https://www.casa.gov.au/modelaircraft
2017-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Even if I was allowed to fly somewhere close to their property (In The Netherlands there are pretty strict rules about flying over buildings and people), I would certainly respect their wish.
The more negativity around drones, the worse / more strict new regulations will get.
And I do feel somebody in his/her own private place deserves their privacy. It does not matter how wide a lens is etc. etc. the feeling of being watched from above is not nice (I know there are lots of satellites doing the same thing but hey, it is feeling, not ratio)
Especially since it are your neighbors and you will have to live with them for some time (I guess).
You could of course offer to make an aerial picture of their home / property to put on the wall as a gesture if your relationship allows for that.
Anyhow, I would fly somewhere else and have fun making beautiful video's and pictures
2017-9-1
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-6-11 07:09
True that.

Laguna Beach, CA enacted some anti-photography law recently where you need some $100 permit to photograph even your dog for two hours.

that's a bunch of crap. one can't take a family photo without a professional still photo permit?
2017-9-5
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I had a neighbor send me an email saying he observed my drone flying over his property and asked me to avoid doing so as it violated his privacy. I replied explaining the usual stuff. I fly high (400 ft) and fast and never stay in the same place and the camera is wide angle and I can show him the video if he is interested. However in the interest of getting along with my neighbors, I agreed to avoid flying over his 3+ acre property. All well and good but then we found out he had shot a video of our property and uploaded it to YouTube to prove that our horses poop in their paddock or something crazy. So I guess a right to privacy is not really a big deal to him after all. Needless to say, the deals off and I will fly my drone over his property whenever I please.
2017-9-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

zilla Posted at 2017-9-5 06:16
that's a bunch of crap. one can't take a family photo without a professional still photo permit?

I believe they backed off that law a bit, but the neighboring city of San Clemente, CA went nuts with some new ordinance May 2, 2017 where "You must carry written permission on you from anyone's property you fly over!"

See this thread:  San Clemente, CA Drone Overflight Property Ordinance.

I've watched cops go after people who set up a tripod somewhere when they suspect they need a commercial permit.  Carrying too much expensive looking gear seems a hindrance.  Welcome to Southern California indeed.
2017-9-6
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-6 06:33
I believe they backed off that law a bit, but the neighboring city of San Clemente, CA went nuts with some new ordinance May 2, 2017 where "You must carry written permission on you from anyone's property you fly over!"

See this thread:  San Clemente, CA Drone Overflight Property Ordinance.

That is disappointing. Around here (my small town in middle Tennessee) people are threatening to shoot down drones over their property. Maybe they are doing something illegal that they don't want anyone to see???? Unfortunately, those people would love to see a written permission law around here. That's hope they don't here about it.
2017-9-6
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

Wouldn't written permission laws for drone use conflict with the FAA?  After all, it's the federal agency that sets regulations regarding airspace.
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

zilla Posted at 2017-9-6 07:25
That is disappointing. Around here (my small town in middle Tennessee) people are threatening to shoot down drones over their property. Maybe they are doing something illegal that they don't want anyone to see???? Unfortunately, those people would love to see a written permission law around here. That's hope they don't here about it.

Yeah, I've read about the shoot downs back in the south east, and the courts seem to overlook it too.  Moonshiners still around maybe?

I was reading through the National League of Cities website where most cities get their drone ordinances from.  Seems a new one is "Creating a public nuisance" which is on most city ordinance books already.   A "Squeaky wheel complaint" no doubt.

No doubt if they want to cite you for flying a drone, they can pull something out of their ordinance book someplace.  Only safe bet would be to buy a costly filming permit from the local film commissioner where you'd be backed legally and maybe assigned a monitor or cop to oversee the flying and safety aspects (Like Hollywood does now, but big $$$s too.).  That or fly out of the eyes of anyone who would complain.  I live in a HOA and will not fly here as they have evicted people for sundry infractions.
2017-9-6
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

GrangerFX Posted at 2017-9-5 21:27
I had a neighbor send me an email saying he observed my drone flying over his property and asked me to avoid doing so as it violated his privacy. I replied explaining the usual stuff. I fly high (400 ft) and fast and never stay in the same place and the camera is wide angle and I can show him the video if he is interested. However in the interest of getting along with my neighbors, I agreed to avoid flying over his 3+ acre property. All well and good but then we found out he had shot a video of our property and uploaded it to YouTube to prove that our horses poop in their paddock or something crazy. So I guess a right to privacy is not really a big deal to him after all. Needless to say, the deals off and I will fly my drone over his property whenever I please.

Yea, that's how it is for us, too.

A neighbor that can climb to the top of his hill to look down into our back yard (which he does multiple times per week) had complained that we are violating his privacy when we take off straight up and head immediately into the open land, or when we come in to land and pass by his property.

It's a bit irritating ...

And for some of these cities to be so unbelievably ignorant about drone capabilities. It's one thing to go out and purchase a $30,000 kit that has a 30x optical zoom, and then to waste that type of capability on snooping into people's property. But come on ... The consumer-grade tech is not really capable of doing this without being 10-20 meters away.

It reminds me of one of the many scenes from South Park, where the city people all mass up with pitchforks and torches to go after something that's a total farce.

Anyways ... Garbage.
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-6 08:49
Yea, that's how it is for us, too.

A neighbor that can climb to the top of his hill to look down into our back yard (which he does multiple times per week) had complained that we are violating his privacy when we take off straight up and head immediately into the open land, or when we come in to land and pass by his property.

South Park did do a drone episode called "The Magic Bush."  "The Magic Bush"

Cartman and Butters got in trouble flying daddy's drone, which led to the local community launching their own security drone to watch the boy's drone, which led to the police getting their own drone to watch the community drone.

Did demonstrate the mentality behind them rather well though.  
2017-9-6
Use props
djiuser_3qHJUuH
New
Flight distance : 5522 ft
United States

tvl Posted at 2017-3-26 20:37
One comment the neighbor stated was that his wife noticed the craft hovered a long while over their house. I very calmly explained that was not the case. I explained that I did hover for two or 3 minutes directly in front of my house at the edge of the street. I was trying to get some video of our lawn and house at an altitude of about 125 feet. I even offered to show the video to him if that would make him feel at ease. He simply stated he believed me, but felt it would be best if I didn't come near their home. He was very nice about it, but now I'm wondering if others will request I not fly in the neighborhood.

Anyway, I guess I should have put a lot more thought into the drone idea before making the purchase.

I would refrain from flying in your area, find a place out a ways and avoid the hassle.  As for being a little skittish about flying the drone you and your drown are probably safer in another area,  Just my opinion as you need to go with what you think is right
2017-9-6
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-6 09:04

Cartman and Butters got in trouble flying daddy's drone, which led to the local community launching their own security drone to watch the boy's drone, which led to the police getting their own drone to watch the community drone.

I've been looking for that episode!  Saw it even before I got into drones, and I still loved it.  If only it'll come on again so I can record it on the DVR.

We drone pilots have to strike a delicate balance between being mindful of other people's property while not bending over backwards to accommodate the paranoid fear-mongers.  I think it would benefit all of us to keep a copy of our country's laws and regulations pertaining to drones on hand when we go places where people might object to our hobby.
2017-9-6
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

I did enjoy this quote from the IMDB link above........

Trivia
The drone the boys use is called "Specter 2.0 Eagle Sight+" - a spoof on the popular model made by DJI, which is called "Phantom 2.0 Vision+" and looks very much like the drone in the show.

Steve
Flight distance : 5852
Flight distance + Litchi: 63415
2017-9-6
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-6 09:04

Ha ha!

I'm going to have to find this one to watch!
2017-9-6
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-9-6 10:34
Ha ha!

I'm going to have to find this one to watch!

Please do.  You won't be disappointed.  
2017-9-6
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
United States

I found the South Park video on a European cartoon website for anyone interested.

http://kisscartoon.eu/watch/sout ... e-5-the-magic-bush/

Wonder if the European Aviation Safety Agency saw this satire and put the clamp on the RC range as it appeared before the reduction in range I think.

There is an audio of the two people behind the South Park drone video.  One was outside a cafe when he heard one go by along the street.  He said, "This seems wrong" but he bought one too.  Maybe why it seems more real with even the grass waving on takeoff.

2017-9-7
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

gyrex Posted at 2017-9-1 04:52
Just to be clear for all Australians on here, the CASA rule you're referring to states "You must not fly closer than 30 metres to other people.". It doesn't mention lateral (horizontal) or vertical so this would mean that you can't fly within 30m of other people in any direction (or as the crow flies).

https://www.casa.gov.au/modelaircraft

That is correct.

However when you are overhead people you have to fly in such a way that there would be no danger if there was a failure. An aircraft without redundancy will fall. There is a cone with the aircraft at the apex which describes the potential space where a failing aircraft may fall.   
2017-9-14
Use props
djiuser_cacD1UNn6ID7
lvl.1

United States

tvl Posted at 2017-4-8 15:52
Well, just for the fun of it, I decided I wanted to go out and fly the drone for a few minutes.  Went out in the backyard and flew around just above the house. It wasn't the most exhilarating experience, but it did satisfy the urge.

The neighbor that had sent her husband over initially, lives across the street and two houses down. I purposely did NOT fly across the street and definitely NOT above their house. Just as I was putting everything away, a sheriff's department deputy drove up and stated the neighbor had complained about me flying OVER their house. I politely let him know I had not done so and the app would show my exact flight path if he would care to look. He was very nice and stated he believed what I was saying. He also stated he had told her it was NOT against the law for me to fly the drone in the neighborhood, but he would speak to me. It appears it was required for him to do so.

Ugh! I've had that stuff was neighbor etc. I called the cops on him as he came over and threatened me. I went to police dept. Next day have them info had DVDs. He took a copy of my FAA reg and phone number. We told him don't harass us. So today the regional FAA district office or whatever calls me!!! Did not go over well with wife at first
2020-7-23
Use props
Cletus Dillwood
New

United States

9245 Posted at 2017-3-26 20:14
Some people are paranoid, they see a drone and they automatically think it's "spying on them."  The media and lack of education is to blaim for this.  The best thing to do is to try and calmly educate them, but there are some people who "know" your "just peeping in windows" and will not hear otherwise, they cannot be educated, you'll just have to try to ignore them.

As far as the law goes, your good.  Nobody owns the air, as long as your flying you cannot legally trespass, nor is their a reasonable expectation of privacy outdoors.  You can fly wherever you like as long as it is not in a no fly zone or violates some other rule, your neighbors can't say boo about it.  If you actually WERE deliberately looking in windows then local ordinances would probably come into play, but just flying around?  Your good.

"You're" is the contraction of you are.
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_McrsQuCMP4qK
New

United States

I was drug into this subject not because I have a passion, own, or need to feel some kind of accomplishment by the need on a personal, "not business" to tame a new technology for my own self fulfillment.

Somebody is flying something over my Home! Not someone's house that is for sale or just trying to flip. Once more, "My Home!" Not house or property.

All that said and from reading the comments that led me to write my comment now. I pose the question to all of you, "Angels Amongst Us?"

Are you the same citizen that driver vehicle's without liability insurance?  Owns and carries guns with permits but conceals it where alcohol is sold or conceals it in places that reserve the right to not have firearms on or in there property until it is found out?  

Using the fact that citizens can be charged for assaulting a drone is weak.  And so are you!!

"The Aggressive Pursuit of Liberty is not a Vise!"
Barry Goldwater, Senior Senator of Arizona, prior to John McCain taking his seat.

2021-6-14
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

djiuser_McrsQuCMP4qK Posted at 6-14 17:30
I was drug into this subject not because I have a passion, own, or need to feel some kind of accomplishment by the need on a personal, "not business" to tame a new technology for my own self fulfillment.

Somebody is flying something over my Home! Not someone's house that is for sale or just trying to flip. Once more, "My Home!" Not house or property.

What the hell is this guy talking about?
2021-6-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Not sure ... it appears he may be trying to turn this into a political discussion - haha.  And that's not Goldwater's quote.  
2021-6-15
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

I have occasionally used a local AMA field for trying new techniques and things like that. The field is basically a farmer's field out in the middle of nowhere. But last summer on two occasions I was harassed by a couple people who live about a quarter mile away. They told me to stay away from their house, blah...blah...blah

I explained that am a licensed pilot and obey FAA regulations as well as the local club rules for flying there. If I they bother me again this summer, I'll just call the Sheriff.
2021-6-15
Use props
ATJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 6-15 19:18
I have occasionally used a local AMA field for trying new techniques and things like that. The field is basically a farmer's field out in the middle of nowhere[view_image]. But last summer on two occasions I was harassed by a couple people who live about a quarter mile away. They told me to stay away from their house, blah...blah...blah

I explained that am a licensed pilot and obey FAA regulations as well as the local club rules for flying there. If I they bother me again this summer, I'll just call the Sheriff.

I wonder if there are illegal activities a quarter of a mile away? You certainly aren't the one breaking any laws.
2021-6-16
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

ATJ Posted at 6-16 03:03
I wonder if there are illegal activities a quarter of a mile away? You certainly aren't the one breaking any laws.

I wondered about that too. Let's just say that I could hear the banjo from Deliverance in my head as I'm talking to these guys.
2021-6-16
Use props
fansf55a2164
New

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-26 20:36
Ask him did his wife contact Google, the NSA, CIA and many other organizations that photgraph their place from above their property?

Just because his wife doesn't like something does not allow her to determine what you can or cannot do.

So true to bad DEA doesn’t use drones in my area. Ever since I converted my property into a sustainable gardening operation ie growing and preserving much of our families food they fly a plane over twice a day in summer and three times a week in winter. I live in NC not CA and kale, corn, beans don’t look at all like weed. Drone would be a lot more cost effective than a plane! No joke either the flight pattern is always the same one slow pass above circle around then one slow pass in a banked turn to cover overhead and the base of my plant rows.
2021-7-24
Use props
djiuser_XkqJbyey6EzG
lvl.2

United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-3-27 09:49
Sorry to hear that you are seriously considering selling your aircraft over this.  But don't you think that's a bit extreme?  

I mean, I'm a full-scale pilot and don't mind driving to the airport to take off.  I once bought a boat and then afterwards "discovered" my house is not on a lake.  I went to the marina to use it, which probably was more enjoyable anyway given all the chicks in the marina bar each evening.  My point is not all hobbies are backyard hobbies, especially if the constraints are placed there by you yourself.

You are hilarious! Can’t help but lol! Thnx for making light of what seems to be really a serious concern. I am here because I too are having 2nd thoughts about keeping the drone - a Mavic 3, considering these too much regulations vs the cost-benefit of owning a drone. Sigh…
2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_XkqJbyey6EzG
lvl.2

United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-3-27 09:49
Sorry to hear that you are seriously considering selling your aircraft over this.  But don't you think that's a bit extreme?  

I mean, I'm a full-scale pilot and don't mind driving to the airport to take off.  I once bought a boat and then afterwards "discovered" my house is not on a lake.  I went to the marina to use it, which probably was more enjoyable anyway given all the chicks in the marina bar each evening.  My point is not all hobbies are backyard hobbies, especially if the constraints are placed there by you yourself.

You are hilarious! Can’t help but lol! Thnx for making light of what seems to be really a serious concern. I am here because I too are having 2nd thoughts about keeping the drone - a Mavic 3, considering these too much regulations vs the cost-benefit of owning a drone. Sigh…
2023-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules