Need firmware update 1.01.008
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6b51b894
lvl.1
Thailand

Hi all,

I am going back to scratch or the starting point as the file on my SD card tells me the update attempt to 1.01.008 failed back in 2015 an obvious attempt by the previous owner.
So I have checked the Dji website and its not available. I read a forum thread that tells me I can find it doing an archive firmware search on the Dji website but this link takes me to the most current firmware update options and none of the older ones.

Does anybody have a good (uncorrupted) copy of 1.01.008 firmware update (2015 release date). Once I get this on the bird, I might be able to fix the original error.

The history of my problem for those wanting to know. I bought a secondhand P3P online and the seller told me it will require firmware updating, so he could not display it flying. The selling point for me was it was like brand new with only one battery cycle charge but a 2015 built unit kept in storage for over 18mths. So I have to go through all the firmware updates starting back with a corrupted 1.01.008.

thanks for your patients and assistance.

rob

PS I also have a gimbal ribbon problem but thats another story.
2017-3-26
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You didn't say what phantom you have, but try this site. The firmware is located all the way at the bottom. Pick your correct phantom model first. I would think you could install a couple versions newer first, not necessarily the latest for sure. but it is up to you. I think you must have an Advanced because I see V1.01.8 on that page. Hope this helps. These are all good files, this site has a ton of info for all series of phantoms.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Standard/
2017-3-27
Use props
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-3-27 07:29
You didn't say what phantom you have, but try this site. The firmware is located all the way at the bottom. Pick your correct phantom model first. I would think you could install a couple versions newer first, not necessarily the latest for sure. but it is up to you. I think you must have an Advanced because I see V1.01.8 on that page. Hope this helps. These are all good files, this site has a ton of info for all series of phantoms.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Standard/

Much appreciated. It was/is a P3P and your link has taken me soemwhere I have not been before.
cheers Rob
2017-5-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Whatarat Posted at 2017-5-1 00:19
Much appreciated. It was/is a P3P and your link has taken me soemwhere I have not been before.
cheers Rob

Why don't you just install the latest update, the updates are not usually dependant on previous having been done ?

The file can often show the full history of update attempts, so it may have failed on one date but been successful at a later point.
2017-5-1
Use props
fanse6bd7047
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52487 ft

Hungary

Update error !!! Phantom 3 advanced !!!
I wanted to upgrade the drone to the next firmware, but after 40 minutes just beep-beep and nothing happens. How can it be updated backwards, or can you completely reformat the plane?
Please help me.
old: Packet: P3S_FW_V01.09.0060.bin
New: Packet: P3S_FW_V01.10.0090.bin

Thank you,
2017-5-3
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

u cannot downgrade on most version.. not easily anyhow....
if u put the card in your pc and enable seeing hidden files, there should be a txt or log file to tell u what happened. it is a good idea to do firmware upgrade from  an empty, freshly formatted card....
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules