Anti-drop safety pins - easy removal
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whatarat
lvl.1
Thailand

Hi all,

well I have had to remove my gimbal a few times recently and I came up with an easy way to remove the anti-drop pins so they can be checked and re-used.

step 1. invert drone and carefully push the pin's end cap further up the shaft of the pin.
step 2. wind a length of cotton onto the pin shaft in the area the end cap once seated or the recessed area and fill to the same approximate diameter as the rest of the shaft.
step 3. gently pull/slide the end cap off of the pin shaft and then unwind the cotton.
step 4. check all spring lugs are in good condition for potential reuse. If in doubt do not use.

I know these parts are very cheap but this might help somebody who is out flying, away from home and their spare parts and who needs to do a quick fix.
2017-3-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Good find. Thanks for sharing.
But you know, a demo video would be even better. ;-)

Something to consider anyway... Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-3-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Good idea! I still use them over too, and yes they are cheap, but I have also used small zip ties on a couple of friends phantoms instead of the pins. Remember, they are only there to keep the assy. from falling off in the event the rubber boots failed, which I have never heard of happening, but agree you need some safeguard in place. Just thought I'd share the zip-tie idea. They are cheap and strong enough. I doubt I am the first one who has thought of this! LOL
Just remember to leave the zip-ties loose....they don't need to interfere with the rubber cones, just there in case.
2017-3-27
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

not a bad idea! i wonder if using a fishing line would make it even easier? probably pretty thin one though....
2017-3-29
Use props
Khsalum83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862808 ft
United States

Or,  vow about some small gauge zip ties? those would do the trick.. I keep those in my flight kit..
2017-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules