9934 43 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

hello all
another question
i have heard for the european are some limitation in range and high. is that true ?
i read the limit was set with the gps
how can i remove it (i am often in turkey and there you can fly the crap out of the drone :-) )
thx

2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It varies from country to country, just google laws for whatever country you visiting.
2017-3-27
Use props
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-27 08:20
It varies from country to country, just google laws for whatever country you visiting.

i didnt ask for a law advice - dont take it personal plz
i ask how can i remove it
have that something to do with the choosen country i registered the drone ?
2017-3-27
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Hallmark was just giving you some friendly advice, no need for sarcastic comments. If you want to at best lose your drone and at worst fall foul of local laws, go ahead.
2017-3-27
Use props
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

Airobotix Posted at 2017-3-27 09:23
Hallmark was just giving you some friendly advice, no need for sarcastic comments. If you want to at best lose your drone and at worst fall foul of local laws, go ahead.

as i told in my initial post - i am often in turkey. turkey is not a part of EU therefore no rules from EU applies. also i am often at the country site so no limitation - and i want to fly there without limitation. for that reason i am interested in remove the eu limits
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pille Posted at 2017-3-27 09:27
as i told in my initial post - i am often in turkey. turkey is not a part of EU therefore no rules from EU applies. also i am often at the country site so no limitation - and i want to fly there without limitation. for that reason i am interested in remove the eu limits

There are no EU limits on your drone, you can set it up however you want, just remember there is a whole world of people out there that you have disregarded, drone laws are made to keep them safe, I am a commercial license drone pilot, I enjoy the freedom I have to fly my drone I don't need it restricted anymore because some choose to fly without regard for others.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
2017-3-27
Use props
RightStuffed
lvl.2
United States

Easy Barney. This aint Mayberry and you aint gonna fix the world today. He might have his reasons so don't be so judgemental and negative and mean and degrading and etc.
2017-3-27
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

RightStuffed Posted at 2017-3-27 09:55
Easy Barney. This aint Mayberry and you aint gonna fix the world today. He might have his reasons so don't be so judgemental and negative and mean and degrading and etc.

In fairness, he gave a reasonable, accurate, and polite response and got snapped at for it; I'd probably have reacted similarly. Also, I'm guessing the Andy Griffith references don't translate well for our overseas cousins.
2017-3-27
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

If you are in a country that has no restrictions it changes automatically as the Mavic in the US is the same as in europe but if you bought it there and brought it into europe the range restriction would automatically apply if thats what your asking
2017-3-27
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-27 09:38
There are no EU limits on your drone, you can set it up however you want, just remember there is a whole world of people out there that you have disregarded, drone laws are made to keep them safe, I am a commercial license drone pilot, I enjoy the freedom I have to fly my drone I don't need it restricted anymore because some choose to fly without regard for others.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

The Mavic has a greater range in the US but if you brought it into Europe the power of the transmitter is automatically limited for Europe and the other way around so he's not asking how to illegally modify it or anything like that just if you take it to a country outside the EU how to get extra power but this happens automatically as it knows its location by GPS
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-27 10:05
The Mavic has a greater range in the US but if you brought it into Europe the power of the transmitter is automatically limited for Europe and the other way around so he's not asking how to illegally modify it or anything like that just if you take it to a country outside the EU how to get extra power but this happens automatically as it knows its location by GPS

I think he's in Switzerland which is part of Europe but not part of the EU , I don't think he's thinking of taking it outside Europe but to EU countries all EU countries have there own SUA laws and rules, which can vary quite a lot from country to country, there are no extra limitations on the drone no matter where you fly in Europe including Turkey which is in Europe but not in EU.

In none of his posts did he say he was thinking of flying outside Europe.
2017-3-27
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-27 10:19
I think he's in Switzerland which is part of Europe but not part of the EU , I don't think he's thinking of taking it outside Europe but to EU countries all EU countries have there own SUA laws and rules, which can vary quite a lot from country to country, there are no extra limitations on the drone no matter where you fly in Europe including Turkey which is in Europe but not in EU.

In none of his posts did he say he was thinking of flying outside Europe.

He states he's often in Turkey and that's not part of the EU or Europe.
2017-3-27
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Output power is set by The crafts GPS location, to either FCC or CE , there is no way to change or bypass this.

When you turn on and it gets gps lock it looks up its location vs a lookup table in the FC and sets output accordingly.

Again this is not adjustable or hackable, the FC fw is encrypted.
2017-3-27
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Limitation is achieved by the Transmitter Power (EIRP)       
US - FCC:≤26 dBm
EU - CE:≤20 dBm

So less power is less mileage.
And because the GPS location of the craft tells it where it is on the planet it switches its power lickwise.

Can you overwrite this?
Yes ,if you have a Masterdegree in soldering and a Bachelor in technical engineering.
But with CV you would probably work at DJI and have no time to fly in Turkey.

Only option is to switch back to a Phantom 2.
These animals can be modified with all kinds range extenders and more powerrrrrrr
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Rev Posted at 2017-3-27 10:23
He states he's often in Turkey and that's not part of the EU or Europe.

geographically a large part of turkey is part of Europe , they are members of Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD).
But in 2014 they have applied to become members of the EU, so are they European or Asian, I think Turkey is in preparation to become a member of the EU.

So as far as what happens with gps in Turkey take your pick
2017-3-27
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981558 ft
Switzerland

As far as i know we can fly the mavic up to 150 meters / 492 feet here in Switzerland.
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mildim Posted at 2017-3-27 12:53
As far as i know we can fly the mavic up to 150 meters / 492 feet here in Switzerland.

That's higher than most of Europe, average being 120 meters. What is horizontal distance?
2017-3-27
Use props
mildim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 981558 ft
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-27 13:18
That's higher than most of Europe, average being 120 meters. What is horizontal distance?

Here is the trick , the official  Federal Office of Civil Aviation states :

..."vehicles can basically be operated without a special permission under the condition that the pilot has at anytime eye contact with the flying object...."

There is a nice interactive map with all drone limitations and explanations.
2017-3-27
Use props
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

Mcdudeflut Posted at 2017-3-27 10:49
Limitation is achieved by the Transmitter Power (EIRP)       
US - FCC:≤26 dBm
EU - CE:≤20 dBm

hello
thanks for your answer. it does mean there are not 2 version (hardware) of the mavic its just one which gets limited per gps (and from that with flylists)

to the others:
1. turkey is 3% a part of EU the other 97% Asien - geographically - and not a big part
2. turkey belongs to asien
3. turkey is very low regulated (except no_fly_zones). at the country site nobody cares about my drone
4. for those which comes up with swiss (yes, i life in swiss) - i know here its overregulated and certain rules are to follow, but i stated more than once that my question is related because i am OFTEN in turkey and want to fly there - without limitation
5. the question is left - where does the limits come from and how can i modify them - as i understand from one post - if i fly in turkey (and i am online) i get the limits from turkey transfert !
6. turkey will never be a part of EU and its better so for turkisch population (but this is politically discussion which we dont want here)
2017-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pille Posted at 2017-3-27 13:55
hello
thanks for your answer. it does mean there are not 2 version (hardware) of the mavic its just one which gets limited per gps (and from that with flylists)

country's largest city, Istanbul, is there. With nearly 13 million people, Istanbul is the third most populous European urban area,
so its a fair big part. and i think you will find that turkey joining EU is something that is a very mutual point with europeans.
and thats enough of politics.

you can't modify your drone.
2017-3-28
Use props
Mcdudeflut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Pille Posted at 2017-3-27 13:55
hello

It's all software.
The drone knows it's position (GPS GLONASS) it tells this to the controller and the controller regulates the transmission power of your drone and with that how far it goes.
Something like
if GPS postion equals America then "MORE POWERRRR" if not then "less power".
So even when your on Antartica or the Northpole,....you'll get less power.
2017-3-28
Use props
Pille
lvl.1
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 07:28
country's largest city, Istanbul, is there. With nearly 13 million people, Istanbul is the third most populous European urban area,
so its a fair big part. and i think you will find that turkey joining EU is something that is a very mutual point with europeans.

just to be correct. i dont like incorrect information - also istanbul.gov.tr or wikipedia you can read it
1. istanbul hosts around about 15 million people  (14,4 Million was at 2015)
2. istanbul is the 7th biggest city not the 3th
3. at the european site its estimated live 61% and 35% at the asian site (european site is more modern)
  a. 61% of 15 million = 9.15 million life in the europen country, which doeant make it in the list of the 7th biggest polulation city (because 5 million live at the asion continent
4. in istanbul living round about 19% of the complete population of turkey
5. once again - just 3% of turkey are located at the european continent / the other belongs to asien

still, turkey is NOT a part of the EU (geographically just 3%) therefore no EU Rules apply. it doesnt mean they have a big city they are european now. sorry if i am a smartarse :-)
enough from the discussion about turkey and it was not the initial question.

but than you for the answers - that i cant modify the drone and its gps related.
if i am not playing around with drones i work with debuging (investigate what communication goes in both directions) and backwards engineering. we will see what will happen.

2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Pille Posted at 2017-3-28 11:01
just to be correct. i dont like incorrect information - also istanbul.gov.tr or wikipedia you can read it
1. istanbul hosts around about 15 million people  (14,4 Million was at 2015)
2. istanbul is the 7th biggest city not the 3th

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

If your so smart why are you asking all the questions, do you not already know.

It was only two days ago you were on here because you couldn't start your Mavic now your going to convert it to a rocket . The link is above.
2017-3-28
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 11:13
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=90170&fromuid=260008

If your so smart why are you asking all the questions, do you not already know.

Nice one Hallmark!
2017-3-28
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

The transmitter power, as stated above, is varied according to location based regulations. They are roughly "CE" and "FCC", but as I read it anywhere that is not governed by CE regulations are left to the FCC levels. If your location is determined by DJI's R&D to be governed by CE regulations for radio transmissions then you are OOL. You don't have to be in the EU to be governed by CE regs.
2017-3-29
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7481496 ft
Italy

Bla bla bla... i'miei sorry for my bad english

One question need one reply.

Need to improve quality channel and more distance?
Easy!

1 Setup your phone language on the "US english"
2 restart App dp"dji go4"

Bye bye european law and welcome Fcc...

Warning: do NOT improve the numbers of channels
2017-5-6
Use props
IVAN01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559938 ft
Russia

It is not the question of geography. It is the question of the law. I live in Russia and our law allow us to have 100mW transmitters at Mavic frequencies which is the same as in the EU. The question is I can easily get a licence which allow me more power. But Mavic doesn care.
2017-5-6
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Italy

Is possible to modify the fcc and ce transission and remov the limite of altitude...
More than easy to think
2017-10-9
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Italy

Is possible to modify the setting drone... remove tje noflyzone and remove the limit altitude.... more easy
2017-10-9
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Italy

Pille Posted at 2017-3-27 09:21
i didnt ask for a law advice - dont take it personal plz
i ask how can i remove it
have that something to do with the choosen country i registered the drone ?

Http://nolimitdronez.com
2017-10-9
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Italy

Https://nolimitdronez.com
2017-10-9
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Italy

Mad_Angler1 Posted at 2017-3-27 10:36
Output power is set by The crafts GPS location, to either FCC or CE , there is no way to change or bypass this.

When you turn on and it gets gps lock it looks up its location vs a lookup table in the FC and sets output accordingly.

DonT write "cazzate"

2017-10-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The only limitation is transmitter power.  Nothing else changes geographically.

Its also not quite as simple as EU v FCC.  Different regions and countries have different legal maximum power outputs.  Lots of places share the 100mW that CE has standardised on, even ones not in the EU.  If you look at the latest website dji specs for mavic it lists fcc,ce and other regions all having different powers.  Turkey may not have drone laws yet (surprising given the paranoia there currently) but it might have 2.4ghz transmission ERP rules regardless.  In fact it might well do, it was in talks about joining the EU which would mean things like that would need to be standardised before joining so could have a CE compliant rule in place.  Obviously now its not going to get into the EU anyway that might not apply but the rule could still exist for interference reasons.

2017-10-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Como Lake Posted at 2017-10-9 02:09
Is possible to modify the fcc and ce transission and remov the limite of altitude...
More than easy to think

It can't be modified, the drone will select the corresponding one automatically. Besides, for the NFZ, you can contact the flysafe@dji.com, provide the necessary info to unlock it.
2017-10-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Como Lake Posted at 2017-10-9 02:11

Think dji Diana has given you the answer.
2017-10-9
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

modifying some parameters you can wake up with the drones confiscated and arrested. so great attention!
2017-10-9
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Italy

sica Posted at 2017-10-9 09:11
modifying some parameters you can wake up with the drones confiscated and arrested. so great attention!

Modify the parameter of the drone is legal.... fly without rules respect is not legal!
2017-10-9
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Italy

sica Posted at 2017-10-9 09:11

Modify the parameter of the drone is legal.... fly without rules respect is not legal!
Ps, also force the fcc is not legal!  Do not touch the radio, just a tilt angle of drone.
2017-10-9
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

Como Lake Posted at 2017-10-9 10:09

modifying the drones parameters is legal and consequently the loss of the warranty is also legal according to dji. separates me correctly!
2017-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

In EU the power transmission on the channels used by DJI is lowered. I believe this is called CE laws.
Your drone recognizes it's location and will do so automatically. You can't turn it off or something.
Otherwise DJI would be braking the law.
So if you are in NON CE area, the drone will switch to a higher transmission automatically.
There are ways around this restriction, but they are not legal and will ruin your warranty.  
2017-10-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules