5478 23 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dexter1759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I've googled this and see it's affected other DJI drone owners.  I've tried the things others have tried with no luck.

When I connect the Mavic to my Windows 10 PC, DJI Assistant 2 recognises it no problem.  But I can't seem to get to the photos and video on the SD Card through this method.

Luckily, I have a DSLR on loan from a friend that has a Micro SD-to-SD adapter, which works in my laptop fine, but once that DSLR goes back to my mate, I've got no way to get the contents on to the laptop.  I will be buying a couple of new SD cards (with adapters) in the future, but it's a bit annoying that this expensive it of kit doesn't seem to work as expected for something so simple.

I've tried the USB cable that came with it and one of my own.

Anyone else had this issue and managed to fix it?

Dex

P.S.  When I get the chance I'll test it out on my OH's laptop, but ideally would want it to work on my (much better) laptop.
2017-3-27
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

There are many cheap options on amazon just search for Sd card reader.
Below is an example for $6 US.
https://www.amazon.com/adapter-D ... ords=sd+card+reader
2017-3-27
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Try plugging it in and turning it on (drone) and then turn on your computer.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-27
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

As Bunny Too mentions, you need to turn on your Mavic for the card to be seen by your PC.  I've used this method a lot to offload images directly from the Mavic.
2017-3-27
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I should have mentioned that the PC and Mavic were, of course, switched on... I'm not a complete numpty
2017-3-27
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also can't get my Win 10 computer or my Win 8/1 computer to recognize the Mavic as a Drive no matter what I do in Assistant 2 110--

I can do Firmware updates and other functions but it will not show up as a Drive so I can't see the Photos or videos on the card--

Any more ideas what to do?

Thanks

Jack
2017-3-28
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

jackiedh Posted at 2017-3-28 11:34
I also can't get my Win 10 computer or my Win 8/1 computer to recognize the Mavic as a Drive no matter what I do in Assistant 2 110--

I can do Firmware updates and other functions but it will not show up as a Drive so I can't see the Photos or videos on the card--

Yes, this is a know problem having to do with Ethernet over USB and unsigned drivers, I just pull the card and put it in an adapter and plug it into my computer.  If you do a search on the mav pilots forum there is a lengthy thread on how to fix it.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-28
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Dexter1759 Posted at 2017-3-27 11:29
I should have mentioned that the PC and Mavic were, of course, switched on... I'm not a complete numpty

I was not implying you are, I just meant to have the computer off, plug in the mavic USB to the computer and drone, turn on the mavic and then turn on the pc last.
Regards,
-d
2017-3-28
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-28 11:46
Yes, this is a know problem having to do with Ethernet over USB and unsigned drivers, I just pull the card and put it in an adapter and plug it into my computer.  If you do a search on the mav pilots forum there is a lengthy thread on how to fix it.
Regards,
-d.

I did the routine to allow unsigned drivers then reinstalled Assistant 2 --Still does not recognize the Mavic as a drive to be able to view anything--pretty much all the other Assistant functions work as they should-

I know I can view the SD card for the same purpose but I would like it to recognize the drive to be able to view the Flight Data/Dat  files

Any other ideas?

Jack
2017-3-28
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

Use USB 2 port see if that helps
2017-3-28
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

jackiedh Posted at 2017-3-28 13:17
I did the routine to allow unsigned drivers then reinstalled Assistant 2 --Still does not recognize the Mavic as a drive to be able to view anything--pretty much all the other Assistant functions work as they should-

I know I can view the SD card for the same purpose but I would like it to recognize the drive to be able to view the Flight Data/Dat  files

if you uninstall assistant I think it works.  I know it is silly buy I have not had much luck with it.  I do know of many people without assistant on there computer that do not have issues.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-28
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-28 11:50
I was not implying you are, I just meant to have the computer off, plug in the mavic USB to the computer and drone, turn on the mavic and then turn on the pc last.
Regards,
-d

Hehe - I read your message as basically "make sure both are switched on", rather than specifically which order to try.

I have ordered a Samsung EVO 32GB card with adapter, so won't be a problem long term, but would be nice to know I can at least plug it in like most devices.

What's this about allowing unsigned drivers?  I got a message during install about allowing unsigned drivers and said yes.

Dex
2017-3-29
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Try renaming your external SD card when connected to your windows. Hopefully, that works
2017-3-29
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Range30 Posted at 2017-3-29 01:24
Try renaming your external SD card when connected to your windows. Hopefully, that works

How can I rename it when it's not recognized? Or do you mean when it's connected not via mavic? In which case, how would that help?

Not being "funny" just curious.
2017-3-29
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
United States

Separately, attach your SD card to your windows 10 computer. Rename your SD card when windows recognizes​ it. Once you rename it simply reattach your SD card back to your Mavic then attach your Mavic to your windows 10.
2017-3-29
Use props
Range30
lvl.4
United States

When you rename your SD card you're telling windows to recheck the USB driver authorization. Make sure also you have full privileges and that you're not logged into windows 10 as a guest
2017-3-29
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

Dexter1759 Posted at 2017-3-29 01:02
Hehe - I read your message as basically "make sure both are switched on", rather than specifically which order to try.

I have ordered a Samsung EVO 32GB card with adapter, so won't be a problem long term, but would be nice to know I can at least plug it in like most devices.

The driver for the Mavic is either "unsigned" or signed weird by DJI, your OS checks drivers (to ensure they are from a reputable source) to make sure you are not installing malware or viruses.  The DJI driver causes a hiccup for the OS and you have to manually allow is to be installed.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-29
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

There is a new version of Assistant out today that should have resolved these problems.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-29
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for all the info/help/suggestions guys, I'll give them a go when I get home from work...feels sooooo long away
2017-3-29
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-29 03:48
There is a new version of Assistant out today that should have resolved these problems.
Regards,
-d.

Still no go with latest version on seeing the Mavic as a Drive----

Crap!!!

Jack
2017-3-29
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jackiedh Posted at 2017-3-29 09:44
Still no go with latest version on seeing the Mavic as a Drive----

Crap!!!

Anyone else working right?

Jack
2017-3-30
Use props
iliketurtles
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201230 ft
Slovakia

this is not just a windows 10 thing, it happens on my windows 7 machine as well

occasionally, when i turn the mavic on with usb plugged into the notebook it works just fine, sometimes it doesn't. multiple mavic turn on/offs seem to make it appear after a couple of tries. switching rc/wifi mode seemed to randomly make a difference as well

i have also noticed that it never works when the dji assistant is turned on. so DO NOT TURN DJI ASSISTANT ON, as it will hide the camera shots partition. i believe this is a bug in the dji assistant software.

once you have turned the assistant on, you have to turn it off, turn mavic off and only then turn mavic back on again.
2017-5-1
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply, but I gave up!  Just take the SD card in and out, and now have my own SD card adaptor rather than relying on my mates ;)
2017-5-4
Use props
Eraser339
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25502 ft
Australia

Turn computer on. Turn Mavic on. Plug in Mavic to computer then do the ADVANCED REBOOT OPTION. See https://www.howtogeek.com/167723 ... l-unsigned-drivers/
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules