Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey folks,

OK, I guess it's only fair I put mine out here, too.

http://youtu.be/KCewlCvVg4Y

I have to tell you I'm a nervous wreck when I fly this darn thing because I just know I'm going to screw something up.

For example, regardless of my pre-flight checklist, I didn't raise the landing gear. Idiot. But you can't see it in the video.

And I really had to concentrate on flying, rather than worry about the video. I usually never do pans... and I usually have more of an idea of what I'm trying to portray or capture. So I hang to string together a bunch of clips and try to make them somewhat coherent. I only flew for about 7-8 minutes. I get too paranoid about the battery.

Anyway, I'm hooked. I'm lining shoots all of next week. lol

Chad
2015-2-26
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

I like the shots you got. I like the length of the shots. I like the music. The logo's and self brand promotion seemed a bit much. It was half of your video. I think if you shortend the front logo'ing down from 30ish secends to 5 or 10, and the last one to 5ish it would be a perfect video. But maybe that's just me. Like I said, you had some nice smooth shots otherwise.
2015-2-26
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

lol- no JakeLikesStuff... you are absolutely correct! I just ran out of time on editing that as I just made the logo intro today. But you are so right... it shouldn't be more than 10 seconds, if that... I'm not the THX brand for Pete's sake! ha ha ha - thanks for the feedback!
2015-2-26
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

JakeLikesStuff Posted at 2015-2-27 14:10
I like the shots you got. I like the length of the shots. I like the music. The logo's and self bran ...

Yes Jake, intro or trailer no more then 8 seconds.
Same for the end. Should end with black screen. (that's just me)

Do you also notice the shaking when the camera is panning ?
I think because of over exposure (the snow).  Its jumping frames
2015-2-27
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dundee-  I didn't notice that until now. You're correct. Do have a suggestion as to how I can keep from doing over-exposure?
2015-2-27
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

ChadAustin Posted at 2015-2-27 21:42
Dundee-  I didn't notice that until now. You're correct. Do have a suggestion as to how I can keep f ...

Look for scooterlam
He is the pro here in the forum about this.
2015-2-27
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

You got it- thanks for the tip!
2015-2-27
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah the intro was long buy the scenery was nice. Keep flying bro. welcome to the club.
2015-2-27
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.2

United States

Hey nice to see some fellow North Carolinians on here! I live in Boone, NC.

From Winston Salem though, heres a short little clip of some random stuff from Boone and Winston!

http://youtu.be/IXLSzzd-akQ
2015-2-27
Use props
casrat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24718 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great night video of downtown Winston Salem! I'm not brave enough yet to fly at night. But what's cool is that every time I fly I gain a noticeable amount of confidence. I'm 16 flights in and the shakes from the first couple flights are gone I am happy to say. I still can't figure out why the Inspire is more intimidating that the P2 but I think the dollar amount has a lot to do with it.  Thanks for the NC vids.   Snow here too.  

2015-2-27
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

BenSink- loved it!!! Love your rustic filters!
2015-2-27
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Casrat- I'm the same way! I almost had a panic attack the first few times I flew!
2015-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules