Update of FAA Database
1266 5 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just update my Mavic Pro with V4.0.5 DJI GO 4 - for Phantom 4 and after.  It came up with a question about updating the database for nofly etc. and I accidentally hit ignore (with great skill and cunning).  How do I update the database?

Thanks, Bill
2017-3-27
Use props
seugnimod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411073 ft
Portugal

If the database came with the app update, just delete your app and re-download it.

Don't forget to sync your logs not to lose a thing.
2017-3-27
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

seugnimod Posted at 2017-3-27 14:09
If the database came with the app update, just delete your app and re-download it.

Thanks, I will try that, however won't the drone report that it is up to date when it compares with app on my phone or tablet?
2017-3-29
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

seugnimod Posted at 2017-3-27 14:09

The update of the FAA information is stored on the drone.  I uninstalled the DJI GO 4 app for Phantom 4 and later, then I deleted the folders on the phone dji and dji go 4 and all their content.  I reinstalled jut DJI GO 4 for phantom 4 and later.  Stated up the controller, which started up my phone, and then the drone.  I entered my Mavic Pro and it said has latest firmware.  So can't do the update that included an update to the FAA info.

I figured this info resides on the drone, and that pretty well confirms it.  I need a data packet from DJI to install the info on the drone somewhere.

Thanks for the suggestion, it just didn't work.
Bill
2017-3-31
Use props
seugnimod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411073 ft
Canada

No problem. The other day I had to install Litchi to ignore NFZ's as I was in one, but inside a closed warehouse. If your problem is that, try it.
2017-3-31
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

seugnimod Posted at 2017-3-31 07:36
No problem. The other day I had to install Litchi to ignore NFZ's as I was in one, but inside a closed warehouse. If your problem is that, try it.

I just wanted the info as the only time (so far) that I was in an NFZ, prior to launch it made me click basically that 1) I know I am in an NFZ and 2) I take all responsibility for flying in an NFZ.  I then could take off.  It was a large suburban area, so aircraft would be operating at least 300 feet (if not higher), so I stayed low just above the houses and only once went up to 150 ft.  I also knew from a lot of time there that aircraft do not fly over this town.  I was also basically just showing my drone to my daughter and didn't go more than 300 feet from where I was.
I do want to know where the NFZs are, so I can use the drone to show me what is around.  B4Ufly works OK, but you have to shift the point around to make all the NFZs show.  

Thanks,
2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules