Dlog/RAW with X5S
11162 42 2017-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCFP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3681729 ft
United States

Hey just found this thread today. Do I have it right that with an upgrade that occurred sometime since October 2017, the question of whether to record in DLog or Standard with CDNG has been made moot? In Go 4, with the X5s, I don't see a changeable option - the SSD Looks window is greyed out and says RAW. Can someone catch me up and tell me if this is recording in DLog all the time, or what the deal is? Thanks in advance -
2019-1-10
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

JCFP Posted at 1-10 15:33
Hey just found this thread today. Do I have it right that with an upgrade that occurred sometime since October 2017, the question of whether to record in DLog or Standard with CDNG has been made moot? In Go 4, with the X5s, I don't see a changeable option - the SSD Looks window is greyed out and says RAW. Can someone catch me up and tell me if this is recording in DLog all the time, or what the deal is? Thanks in advance -

Any log format, like D-Log, is an "adjustment" that is made when the video data is debayered for viewing or display. Since RAW is the video data BEFORE any debayering process, it's irrelevant to think of applying D-log. If you wish, when you view the RAW data, you can apply a D-log LUT, if that's what you want to do.
2019-1-11
Use props
JCFP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3681729 ft
United States

Hmm. OK, thanks raven4!
2019-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules