Osmo Tripod & Extension Stick
2115 14 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Flight distance : 187493 ft
Canada

I received my new osmo tripod and extension stick from Amazon today and I'm a little disappointed.  I have to say for the price I pad ($200 CAD including taxes and shipping) the quality is really, really bad!

The tripod mount itself doesn't sit level and is off by almost 4 degrees due to the defect in one of the legs.  When the extension stick and osmo are added it's off to one side significantly.  I realize the gimbal will compensate for the angle, but it just looks like crap.  There are little plastic nubs in the joint which I can likely sand to bring it closer to level, but it shouldn't have been released like this in the first place.  It seems to me they spent more time engineering how it looks folded then when it's in use.

osmo.JPG

2017-3-28
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

I have no problems with mines and its great for me, it might be better to contact customer service instead of posting about it on a forum...
2017-3-28
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Canada

What's the point?  Send it back to DJI and wait months for a replacement?  This was the last one on Amazon that wasn't crazy expensive and prime eligible.  So my only option with them is refund or keep it.  I can fix it... I shouldn't have to.

DJI has some serious quality control issues and they are not going to be addressed if customers don't keep talking about them.
2017-3-28
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-3-28 07:36
What's the point?  Send it back to DJI and wait months for a replacement?  This was the last one on Amazon that wasn't crazy expensive and prime eligible.  So my only option with them is refund or keep it.  I can fix it... I shouldn't have to.

DJI has some serious quality control issues and they are not going to be addressed if customers don't keep talking about them.

Well, now you know why it was the last one and cheap.

I have had to use the DJI service center before (DJI care) and the turn around was actually faster than I expected.  Yes, the customer service generally sucks, but the service center is actually pretty good in terms of service.  The turn around was less than 2 weeks.

You may have screwed yourself buying on Amazon though, they will only honor the warranty if it came from an approved seller.
2017-3-28
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Canada

I didn't say it was cheap... it wasn't crazy expensive.  It was more than what it would have been had I purchased direct from DJI.

I've bought a Mavic, P4 and Osmo as well as several accessories from amazon.  They are on the approved vendors list.  http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

There is no way they could do a 2 week turnaround on this part.   The site lists the tripod as 15 - 20 business after payment confirmation http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-tripod... which when you consider how slow their intake process is and the pipe dream that is their delivery estimates, I would be lucky to have a replacement in 6 - 8 weeks.

2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-3-28 09:22
I didn't say it was cheap... it wasn't crazy expensive.  It was more than what it would have been had I purchased direct from DJI.

I've bought a Mavic, P4 and Osmo as well as several accessories from amazon.  They are on the approved vendors list.  http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

If your not happy with it now you won't be happy with it in a months time, so just send it back and wait for a proper one, and your right crazy expensive.
2017-3-28
Use props
lvl.4
United States

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-3-28 09:22

404 Error.  Page not found.

Might want to double check your link.
2017-3-28
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Did you actually try to see how long it will take for a replacement or are you just guessing? Maybe contact the amazon seller and see if they may have new stock coming in soon for an exchange....
2017-3-28
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Canada

I'm totally guessing, but it's an educated guess based on DJI's past performance and the time indicated in the DJI store.  I did contact amazon and they are happy to issue a refund but have no ETA for delivery.

10 days delivery
10 days to unpack
5 days to evaluate
30 days to ship (20 business days)
10 days delivery

The intention of this thread wasn't to solicit advise.  Just to highlight the poor quality that's getting out the doors at DJI.  I've resolved the problem myself.
2017-3-28
Use props
lvl.4
United States

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-3-28 12:28
I'm totally guessing, but it's an educated guess based on DJI's past performance and the time indicated in the DJI store.  I did contact amazon and they are happy to issue a refund but have no ETA for delivery.

10 days delivery

Where are tou getting 10 day shipping?  Should be more like 3-5 days, 7 max.  And where are you getting 10 days to unpack?  Also, you can't assume thhe service department has the same schedule as sales.
2017-3-28
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

9245 Posted at 2017-3-28 13:54
Where are tou getting 10 day shipping?  Should be more like 3-5 days, 7 max.  And where are you getting 10 days to unpack?  Also, you can't assume thhe service department has the same schedule as sales.

Right, lol.
2017-3-29
Use props
RobSinfield
lvl.3
Canada

9245 Posted at 2017-3-28 13:54

I'm in Canada.  10 days is a liberal estimate.

10 days to unpack is also realistic.  That time is from when it's received to when it actually goes into their system.

Sure I can assume... I just did.  If they say 15 - 20 days on their website you can safely assume it will take at least that much time, likely longer.

have you ever dealt directly with DJI?
2017-3-29
Use props
lvl.4
United States

RobSinfield Posted at 2017-3-29 08:19
I'm in Canada.  10 days is a liberal estimate.

10 days to unpack is also realistic.  That time is from when it's received to when it actually goes into their system.

Yes, i had to return a Phantom 4 under DJI care, total time from my shipping it to them to getting the new one back was about 2 weeks.

Your not returning it to China, their North American service center is in the US, I don't see shipping things here would really take you all that long, unless it gets stuck in customs.

It wouldn't have even taken 2 weeks but they needed to have me sync my flight logs before they could continue because the ones on the drone were unsalvagable.
2017-3-29
Use props
Mary Ann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 259009 ft
Canada

Can you deal with a Canadian dealer instead?  I deal with MultiRotorHeli in Calgary AB.  They have a pretty quick turnaround time.
2017-4-12
Use props
Shaun Goodman
New
Netherlands

I didn't risk the tripod as it struggled to look like value for money. I found a great alternative on Amazon which provides a really solid base for my extension rod/selfie stick.
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules