Does the Mavic Pro develop stress cracks like the Phantoms?
3258 21 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadcopterNacho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39058 ft
Argentina

Hi, I have a Phantom 3 Standard and after flying it for 2-3 months it developed stress cracks.. Since I was travelling abroad, I had to repair it myself with Plast-aid. Which worked great (still flying this quad without issues).
Now I want to upgrade to a Mavic Pro but I'm worried that it will develop this hairline cracks... (And it's gray so Plast-aid would look HORRIBLE)
Any info in this regard? Any known issues on the Mavic?

Thanks!
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The aircraft has a 1yr warranty for manufacture defects so I wouldn't worry about it.
2017-3-28
Use props
QuadcopterNacho
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39058 ft
Argentina

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-28 07:52
The aircraft has a 1yr warranty for manufacture defects so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yes but you can't always send it to DJI.. Like my Phantom, I was traveling when the cracks appeared and had to fix it myself (loosing the warranty in the process).
2017-3-28
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

QuadcopterNacho Posted at 2017-3-28 08:09
Yes but you can't always send it to DJI.. Like my Phantom, I was traveling when the cracks appeared and had to fix it myself (loosing the warranty in the process).

If your looking for an alternate to Plast-aid, you can use JB weld or JB Quik which is grey.
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Haven't heard of any yet, think you will be ok.
2017-3-28
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 08:38
Haven't heard of any yet, think you will be ok.

stress cracks on Mavicsecond thread
Starting to show up under the front locking tabs.
Regards,
-d
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-28 08:48
stress cracks on Mavicsecond thread
Starting to show up under the front locking tabs.
Regards,

Are they stress cracks? They are not the same thing as was on the phantoms.
2017-3-28
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 09:12
Are they stress cracks? They are not the same thing as was on the phantoms.

Yes they are cracks showing up right under the front locking tabs. Stress from something, they start out as bulges; my pet theory is the battery puts pressure on the top plate when it starts and stops (just a working theory.)
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-28 09:14
Yes they are cracks showing up right under the front locking tabs. Stress from something, they start out as bulges; my pet theory is the battery puts pressure on the top plate when it starts and stops (just a working theory.)
Regards,
-d.

I wouldn't call them cracks I would call them bulges, this is the only one I've seen, could something else have happened to this one, and if your theory is correct then do you not think we would have seen a swarm of them, all batteries are in the same place so this should be a regular occurrence don't you think..
2017-3-28
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 09:23
I wouldn't call them cracks I would call them bulges, this is the only one I've seen, could something else have happened to this one, and if your theory is correct then do you not think we would have seen a swarm of them, all batteries are in the same place so this should be a regular occurrence don't you think..

Yeah, if you look at the photos (the top left one on the first thread) some are full blown cracks, about thirty have reported so far on the mav forum about five on this forum (second thread.)  Not trying to be a fear monger, just posting data and a little info; the cracks appear to be worse on the Mavics that fly in sport mode often (as stated by there owners.)
Regards,
-d.As DJI KEN said we have a year warrenty so I am not concerned.
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-28 09:38
Yeah, if you look at the photos (the top left one on the first thread) some are full blown cracks, about thirty have reported so far on the mav forum about five on this forum (second thread.)  Not trying to be a fear monger, just posting data and a little info; the cracks appear to be worse on the Mavics that fly in sport mode often (as stated by there owners.)
Regards,
-d.As DJI KEN said we have a year warrenty so I am not concerned.

Well maybe as the months go by we might see more.
2017-3-28
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-28 10:04
Well maybe as the months go by we might see more.

So far the cracks are in the Mavics people received in November and early December with a lot of hours, it may be something that just happens with time.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-28 10:07
So far the cracks are in the Mavics people received in November and early December with a lot of hours, it may be something that just happens with time.
Regards,
-d.

Got mine in December will keep an eye on it, thank you..
2017-3-28
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481755 ft
United Kingdom

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-28 10:07
Regards,
-d.

Mine was manufactured 20 Jan 2017.

Was with me mid feb and had the stress bulges straight out of the box.
2017-4-2
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-28 07:52

That's very easy to say Ken, unless you bought it from digitalrev [who have been superb when it arrived broken in transit] because the UK were choked of supply for three months and DJI won't offer you any support as a result of buying outside of your geographical area.
2017-4-2
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-28 09:14
Regards,
-d.

Bunny ,

I think your pet theory has a Flaw to it .
When Connecting the Mavic Battery to the Mavic the electrical connection is socketed.
On the battery it is male and on the Mavic it is female , the only way that the battery would shift
in flight is if the Mavic's female socket board is not secure inside the Mavic.
it should be easy to check by trying to slide the battery forwards and backwards while seated in the
Mavic --- if the battery moves and makes contact to the main body of the AC the board maybe loose  
2017-4-2
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

my mavic from December has that mark from new ...taken from box
2017-4-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If there is any, it's very few and far from the level of P3 and P4.  DJI has a dozen engineers researching materials and they don't get paid for doing nothing
2017-4-2
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-4-2 14:22
Bunny ,

I think your pet theory has a Flaw to it .

Just a theory, they are designed to be disproven.  Thank you.
Regards,
-d.
2017-4-3
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-4-3 04:04
Just a theory, they are designed to be disproven.  Thank you.
Regards,
-d.

No problem Bunny , it is the most obvious and good theory that made me check mine
Thank You
2017-4-3
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

seen thru the foil...that depression is there from the first time taked from the box.
_DSC1026.jpg
2017-4-3
Use props
willhay555
lvl.2
United Kingdom

willhay555 Posted at 2017-4-2 12:37
That's very easy to say Ken, unless you bought it from digitalrev [who have been superb when it arrived broken in transit] because the UK were choked of supply for three months and DJI won't offer you any support as a result of buying outside of your geographical area.

Yeah DJI, thanks for commenting further.
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules