Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
argykaraz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1108356 ft
United States

@Zjaz: Update the remote also

Btw.. I updated everything succesfully and the bird seems to be healthy

Also did some tests to see if it responds ok. (i took off without props - just listening to the motors movement every time I pull the sticks. I recommend doing that every time you are not sure if everything is ok)

So i am waiting until tomorrow since it is rainy here right now and i hope everything is ok!
2015-2-27
Use props
pr0xyfl00d3r.20
New

United Kingdom

ok so bout 30mins and my remote still blue and still beeping away, wait or power cycle it?
2015-2-27
Use props
tim.warth
lvl.2
United States

So, I have a dual controller setup.
Remote Controller 1 upgraded ok.
Remote Controller 2 was upgrading ok, but then got stuck with blue flashing and I hard reset it. Now it turns on with a solid white status light. My suspicion is the firmware didn't completely load.

I have tried to erase and reload the firmware on the SD, then start the process again, but it doesn't begin it's upgrade process. Just a solid white light.

Is there a way to force the controller into a bootloader or force load mode?

Thanks,
TW
2015-2-27
Use props
greg7140
lvl.2

United States

Zjaz...did you update the remote(s) also?  Mine would not link until I updated remotes also...
2015-2-27
Use props
stevemckay15.ho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

having issues updating the second remote tx if u have dual controls ? I've updated the inspire and the first remote and those 2 can talk and see each other .. but having issues getting the second remote to update as currently not seeing the inspire ..
2015-2-27
Use props
stevemckay15.ho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All sorted now used another usb stick and it was fine
2015-2-27
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I hate to state the obvious...but after updating firmware...please calibrate your compass before committing to flight
2015-2-27
Use props
Muscadel
lvl.3

South Africa

Flew it after upgrade, thrice, no problems, just a few gps losses
2015-2-27
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zjaz Posted at 2015-2-27 23:37
I just updated mine, but after 1,5 hours of waiting and listening to the crazy matrix printer sound. ...

Did you update the transmitter as will????
2015-2-27
Use props
Muscadel
lvl.3

South Africa

Bird, transmitter and Camera
The bird was suspiciously quick, about 5 minutes, but it made the right beeps and shows the updated firmware
Transmitter took 10 minutes, rest was quick
2015-2-27
Use props
OhGoodness
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

I would recommend to make the first test flight on the simulator to see if everything is ok
2015-2-27
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

argykaraz Posted at 2015-2-28 00:03
@Zjaz: Update the remote also

Btw.. I updated everything succesfully and the bird seems to be he ...

"(i took off without props - just listening to the motors movement every time I pull the sticks. I recommend doing that every time you are not sure if everything is ok)"

I do that all the time too cold to fly here...
2015-2-27
Use props
lukebowerman.ya
lvl.2

Malta

I just updated mine, but after 1,5 hours of waiting and listening to the crazy matrix printer sound. ...

I am experiencing the same thing.. No connection remote status is white and does not want to connect. The camera gimbal goes on self destruct mode.... DJI PLEASE HELP!!!
2015-2-27
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

The suspense is killing me.
2015-2-27
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

Sooo, back from testflight, i flew 3 lipos without any problems.

What i noticed was a smooth transition between the video quality changes.
Gone are the 0.5 sec freeze when the transmission switches. Nice I had no gps problems or
loss before and after the updates.  Did a range test (in empty area) with 2.6km distance till i got the weak signal msg.

2015-2-27
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Germany

Muscadel Posted at 2015-2-28 02:08
Bird, transmitter and Camera
The bird was suspiciously quick, about 5 minutes, but it made the right ...

The update of the remote took here arround 3 minutes. I guess faster flash memory is a factor here.
2015-2-27
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OhGoodness Posted at 2015-2-28 02:19
I would recommend to make the first test flight on the simulator to see if everything is ok

Have just done that mine seems okay
2015-2-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Dundee,

I guess I am missing out on all of this firmware fun.. DJI has not shipped my Inspire 1 yet. It has been delayed even more than two weeks past the estimated ship date.
2015-2-27
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Germany

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-2-28 02:47
Hey Dundee,

I guess I am missing out on all of this firmware fun.. DJI has not shipped my Inspire 1 ...

You get your fair share of update mumbo jumbo when its time.   {:3_53:}
2015-2-27
Use props
robyn707.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Midi Posted at 2015-2-27 21:28
After around Minute 10, the updater window with the progress bar disappeared (was still at 0%)AND th ...

I had the same experience as Midi, but now, my app tells me, no connection and no SD card.   Yet I can put the SD card in a card reading on my PC and everything is there...guess I screwed the pooch.  Help Tahoe Ed, where are you when I need you?  Also, never did get an "updating" blue light on the controller.  Assuming it failed.

What do I do now?  Call DJI?????

2015-2-27
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Germany

Let it go for the night and start fresh again tomorrow.  

*Delete everything but the firmware.bin file on the sd card with a pc.
*put the sd card in the inspire and power it up (dont power the remote)
*The inspire gives audible info about the update; 4 x beep for updating, it changes to 3 x beep when done.
*Power down the inspire
*all in all it took around 15 min. to update

*Format an usb stick to ExFat and put the firmware.bin file on the stick.
*put the USB stick in the remote and power it up.
*LED turns blue when updating, it changes to green when done.
*Took around 5 min to update.
2015-2-27
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

new firmware the Ground OFDM should be ver 1.07 not 1.05 my camera after update with new firmware shows ver 1.04 NOT 1.03 as above
just got my "new" second ispire -1 in ups and updated both remotes and bird no problem..next day delivery by coptershop highly recommended
2015-2-27
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tried to upgrade now lost full control of RC and no video.
2015-2-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Some of you are luckier than some of us!
2015-2-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

Midi Posted at 2015-2-28 03:33
Let it go for the night and start fresh again tomorrow.  

*Delete everything but the firmware.bin ...

Tried that. It didn't work. Results file showed "cancel".
2015-2-27
Use props
henon
lvl.3

France

You have been  able to update the inspire and not the remote ?
Same as me ?
2015-2-27
Use props
winglum
New

United States

Same here, lost connection with remote after upgrading the Inspire 1 and remote.  The remote upgrade was successful.  The Inspire 1 after 1 hour of updating shows message "cancel".
2015-2-27
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys,
I did the update this morning.. While updating the inspire it ran for a good 30 -45 minutes...had to manually shut down. The txt file said cancel.. updated both controllers just fine. Txt file shows cancel for the inspire but all my numbers match the screenshots above except the camera, that  line is blank. I have formatted the card and deleted the firmware files.. When I re-add the firmware files to the sd and insert it to the inspire it does not give me an option to update firmware anymore... is there a way to manually update the firmware? I have tried inserting the card without the app or controller and also with... I took it for a flight before I noticed that the camera line was blank and everything seemed normal but Now I am confused as to why that line is blank... (IOS)
2015-2-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

henon@club-inte Posted at 2015-2-28 07:07
You have been  able to update the inspire and not the remote ?
Same as me ?

I've been able to update the controller but not the Inspire.
2015-2-27
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lost full control of RC and no video
2015-2-27
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Germany

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-2-28 07:19
Hey Guys,
I did the update this morning.. While updating the inspire it ran for a good 30 -45 minut ...

I may be wrong but i think the inspire gives the following results:

success= update cycle complete
error= update cycle not completed
cancel=stop update because it was successful before
2015-2-27
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

OK just restarted everything and the app says camera ver 1.03... What is the correct camera version?  some are reporting 1.03 and some 1.04..
2015-2-27
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lost full RC control and no video and RC will not pair with the Bird?
2015-2-27
Use props
emailletterbox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem

How are you reseting the controller ?
2015-2-27
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

emailletterbox@ Posted at 2015-2-28 08:00
I have the same problem

How are you reseting the controller ?

Use a new thumb drive with only the update bin file on it. Insert that in back of controller and turn it on. It should start the update and the far left light will blink blue. If the update is successful, the blinking blue light will turn solid green. You can check the results file on the thumb drive to see if it was successful.

Hope this helps.
2015-2-27
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

that is after update

firmware 1.2.0.17

firmware 1.2.0.17
2015-2-27
Use props
emailletterbox
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904990 ft
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-2-28 08:04
Use a new thumb drive with only the update bin file on it. Insert that in back of controller and t ...

I've tried that several times today but my TX is not taking the firmware upgrade again
2015-2-27
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

just tested outside -27 degree C smooth....no more gps cutoff...i noticed it would not allow you to compass calibrate in a high electromagnetic area. i tried in the same place where i was successful with the previous firmware. this time it wanted me to move somewhere else. so they have tweaked interference threshold
my main culprit was my super expensive ASUS 2400 ac router which was messing up imu cali and compass calib and radio
2015-2-27
Use props
winglum
New

United States

Arunmehta, thanks for the screenshot.  It helps a bunch.  My firmware update only partially completed.

How does one initiate a firmware update manually if some of the updates didn't complete successfully?
2015-2-27
Use props
winglum
New

United States

I spoke with Oscar from DJI support and he was tremendously helpful.  Here's a tip for everyone who is unable to link their remote to their Inspire.  Turn on both the Inspire 1 and the remote.  Load up the DJI Pilot App.

Tap on the Remote control icon at the top of the screen.  Then go to "RC Control Settings" and scroll to the very bottom, click on Linking Remote Controllers text at the bottom.  Once your remote is in linking mode, go to your Inspire 1 and press and hold the remote linking button for 5 seconds and release.

That should do it.  Your Inspire and remote should be linked up again.

2015-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules