Phantom wont start.
1733 10 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slick848
lvl.1

United States

I bought a new phantom 3 Std and put it together and followed the quick guide and nothing,i dont have the app downloaded yet but i should be able to fly it on manual right,im new to this stuff,maybe im doing something wrong,the drone and the controller come on with lights and everything,the motors wont start,maybe i need my phone hooked to it,i hope not,i will half to get a better phone if thats the case, money money, im a 100% disabled vet and the disability doesnt go far, hey to all my brother vets here....hope someone can help.
2017-3-28
Use props
KENSY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10696 ft
United States

Hey my friend, slow down...without the visual aid of a smart device I would suggest not to use the phantom till you get one and download the app. Without it, you don't have any visual status GPS, signal strength etc. I am going to assume you could not do any calibrations etc. Please stop!, and get the proper devices or you may be heading for a disaster. Just trying to help you save your investment.
2017-3-28
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You need to register the aircraft before you can fly it. For that, you will need the app and be connected to the aircraft.
2017-3-28
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

If you can not afford a smart phone, borrow one.  You can also use a tablet.  Both a phone and a tablet will need to download the GO APP (iOS or Android depending on the system your phone or tablet uses) then establish an account with DJI and register.  You can then fly the Phantom.
2017-3-28
Use props
tkflyfisher7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 150164 ft
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-3-28 17:45
If you can not afford a smart phone, borrow one.  You can also use a tablet.  Both a phone and a tablet will need to download the GO APP (iOS or Android depending on the system your phone or tablet uses) then establish an account with DJI and register.  You can then fly the Phantom.

Patience my friend....
2017-3-28
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

All good advise.  I use the cheapest phone from Walmart, no cell service needed.  It's an LGL15G, I think I paid around $20 for it.  Other than the screen isn't as bright as others out there, it works fairly well.
I have disabled as many apps, force stopped them if I cannot disable.  Something like this would get you into the air to start.  I have since bought a 10 inch tablet, but found it's pretty heavy so I am still using the little LG.
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like others have previously mentioned, you need to activate the aircraft first before you can fly without the app. Your phone might be able to work well enough to do that and perhaps it could get the job done in general, but we would need to know what mobile device you have in order to make that determination.

But like what was also mentioned, it's not really recommended to fly without the use of the Go app for FPV. Since the P3 Standard does not have shutter or record buttons on the RC, you're missing out on a lot of features for the camera without the app.
2017-3-28
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-28 21:29
Like others have previously mentioned, you need to activate the aircraft first before you can fly without the app. Your phone might be able to work well enough to do that and perhaps it could get the job done in general, but we would need to know what mobile device you have in order to make that determination.

But like what was also mentioned, it's not really recommended to fly without the use of the Go app for FPV. Since the P3 Standard does not have shutter or record buttons on the RC, you're missing out on a lot of features for the camera without the app.

i want to thank everyone for the info you gave to me,i have purchased a phone and have everything hooked up and in synch, she fly's good ,glad i didn't try it before i had the right stuff,again thank you.
2017-12-7
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

slick848 Posted at 2017-12-7 15:38
i want to thank everyone for the info you gave to me,i have purchased a phone and have everything hooked up and in synch, she fly's good ,glad i didn't try it before i had the right stuff,again thank you.

Slick.......we are all here to help you and any kinds of issues you have....READ Read Read Read that manual over and over n over...then if you don't understand something ask here...ever body here is very helpful and they all pitched in and answered my many questions....I have near 8 hours of flight time and i sure enjoy my Dji P3SE Drone... Oh  i was in Vietnam 2/8th 1St Air Cav  and welcome to this forum !  (Drone on>>>>
2017-12-7
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Looks like your bird is,nt activated yet then you can´t start the motors. First you may activate the bird first and then you can let the bird take off.
2017-12-8
Use props
slick848
lvl.1

United States

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-12-7 21:14
Slick.......we are all here to help you and any kinds of issues you have....READ Read Read Read that manual over and over n over...then if you don't understand something ask here...ever body here is very helpful and they all pitched in and answered my many questions....I have near 8 hours of flight time and i sure enjoy my Dji P3SE Drone... Oh  i was in Vietnam 2/8th 1St Air Cav  and welcome to this forum !  (Drone on>>>>

Hey Zippo43 i was in nam in 70-72 i was with the 1st Aviation  213th ASHC i was a gunner on a Huey slick,the Air cav was a tough outfit. loved flying with them,when all hell broke lose we could count on you guys, flew with some out of cu chi spelling isn't right but oh well,dont mean nothing were you in choppers
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules