Why is DJI promoting vloggers that fly illegally?
6628 55 2017-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brian Fist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 19928 ft
United States

And not having others act ignorant is the WHOLE POINT of this thread.   The wrong example is being set.

If he is so "remorseful" for all the stupid sh*t, have him delete the videos... There you have it.

If he won't he is a COMPLETE SCUMBAG!
2017-3-30
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

method007 Posted at 2017-3-30 06:39
He's making money from selling drone footage, likely without a 107.  That's what I was referring to.

Ahh lol.. Well, maybe he has his 107 now? Who knows, I don't think that he would say anything if he did.. Keep all of us wondering haha..
2017-3-30
Use props
ems12a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555863 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-30 07:29
Ahh lol.. Well, maybe he has his 107 now? Who knows, I don't think that he would say anything if he did.. Keep all of us wondering haha..

Unless Casey Nasant is not his real name there is no Airman certificate under that name.

This is an issue I have as a commercial operator. I play by the rules. I get my exemptions I seek
permission and operate in a safe manner. I work with towers and ATC in complex airspace.

People like Casey do not follow the rules and profit by breaking them. It's the same as an unlicensed drone operator doing survey or mapping work. Or unlicensed contractors. To some, this is a lively hood a job and it sucks to see people flaunting the rules and being so reckless and making money while doing it.
2017-3-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-29 08:40
If the FAA are not bothered why should dji, how much of the stuff he does is Fake...

I mean if he is breaking the law then surely it's up to citizens and the law in US to do something about him, my belief is much of what he does and says is fake.

I've complained to the FAA about a person who posted an illegal flight and bragged about it online (so there was a trace) and they just replied with some proforma material saying i needed more proof etc.

Their attitude isn't very encouraging.
2017-3-30
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

FrequentFlyer:
Are you Casey Neistat? You have his picture as Avatar.

Your earlier statement makes sense then:
"Not sure if you guys have seen Casey actually ststed in one of his last  vlogs that he is working
to promote safe flying of drones and what in  the past is in the past and hes moving forward."
2017-3-30
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-30 08:11
I've complained to the FAA about a person who posted an illegal flight and bragged about it online (so there was a trace) and they just replied with some proforma material saying i needed more proof etc.

All Forums, also this one here,  are full of people showing their records. And of course Youtube.
Distance/Height records are all illegal flights obviously if a permit was not acquired.
You could spend your entire life complaining to FAA or other authorities.

There is one extreme sample here, that guy was nuts:

2017-3-30
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-30 08:39
FrequentFlyer:
Are you Casey Neistat? You have his picture as Avatar.

No i am not, there is also a Mavic in my photo.

Are you a P4P? You have it pictured as your avatar.
2017-3-30
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-30 08:55
No i am not, there is also a Mavic in my photo.

Are you a P4P? You have it pictured as your avatar.

Yes - I'm P4P!
I always wanted to be R2-D2 but that name was taken
2017-3-30
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Brian Fist Posted at 2017-3-30 06:21
Him deciding to "be responsible" doesn't really even matter.  It is no different than the drug dealer turned into rap artist that openly admits they got the money for their productions from slinging drugs.  They all deserve to have NOTHING!

I say all the more power to people that work hard, in a responsible, ethical and moral manner and accomplish great things... To the scum that take shortcuts at the expense of everyone else, they don't deserve anything, since they are scum.  CN TOTALLY fits this.

He actually became very popular after he was snowboarding in NYC.
2017-3-30
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Brian Fist Posted at 2017-3-30 07:10
When someone irresponsibly is setting an example that could cost someone ELSE their life (especially children) doing actions that are reckless and uncalled for (like his powerboarding through and around traffic IN THE STREET) then HE is giving up his life.

I would just feel sorry for whomever would be the unlucky person to not see him and hit him.  It would be horrible for that person to have that be on their conscience.

Do you ever drive over the speed limit, or pick up your phone for a quick second? if so looks like your in the same classification.
2017-3-30
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Brian Fist Posted at 2017-3-30 04:12
Whatever he has accomplished doesn't change the fact that he acts in an irresponsible, c0cky, ignorant and unjustifiable manner.

Especially because of what he has accomplished he should act like he has some basic damn respect for EVERYONE ELSE!  Not some overly privileged, pseudo-boarder, "cooler-than-all", c0cky as hell, "life is just AWESOME since I live by my OWN RULES!" moron.

Like you have never broken a law?
2017-3-30
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-30 09:30

That's not the point.
The point is that Casey Neistat should be aware that with a huge audience responsibilty comes along.
Especially in a field where a lot of kids are part of the audience.

We have all driven too fast and most of us flown too far.
But we (or most of us) do not promote this in public inspiring others.

BTW: I'm sure you are Casey. Who else would defend him like that? And use his face as avatar?
C'mon, tell us and face the sh*tstorm with open vizor ;-)
2017-3-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-30 08:11

It's hard to believe they don't have enough evidence on CN, but his actions must have a very negative outlook to joe public , but you can only do the right thing, and after that it's up to the authorities.
2017-3-30
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-30 09:30

Your question is an attempt to use a fallacy and it's irrelevant regarding the purpose of this thread, which is that a drone company financially backing a person who puts others at risk with the exact drones provided to him by that drone company - is a bad idea.

2017-3-30
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-30 10:13
That's not the point.
The point is that Casey Neistat should be aware that with a huge audience responsibilty comes along.
Especially in a field where a lot of kids are part of the audience.

Audience or not, does not give any person more of a right to break a law...

Sorry my friend i am still not Casey...
2017-3-30
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will say this one last time then I am closing this thread.  We do not support Casey.  We do not supply him with product.  It has been that way for some time and we we do not condone illegal or unsafe flying.  You understand that he is employed by CNN.  We have nothing to do with his activities.
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules