Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello all,
Need your help again.  I have put together a video in the DJI GO4 app (Mavic) and when I have finished and hit "complete" it goes into the the app then goes to "Creating A Movie...", it reaches 20% then freezes.  I can cancel it but beyond that it does not finalize the movie.  I also notice that the status bar at the top looks like it is over half way indicating that is is more then 20% complete.  If I remove and reinstall the app...I think I can re-download the footage off of the micro SD card and start over but that is a last resort.

Help and thanks.

**EDIT**
I have full WiFi connection and the app has been frozen at this possition for over 20 min.

IMG_0292.jpg
2017-3-29
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anybody care to let me know what they think the issue is?  Anyone have the same issue and what did you end up doing?
2017-3-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-3-29 18:23
Anybody care to let me know what they think the issue is?  Anyone have the same issue and what did you end up doing?

Sorry you are having trouble. Can you tell us what device you are using and how much space does it have?

It could be possible that you are running out of resources on this device and that is causing the freezing up...

I use the editor very little because it is a memory hog. It is nice to do a quick edit to show friends your video but I prefer using the computer with Adobe PP
Rich  
2017-3-29
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-29 20:26
Sorry you are having trouble. Can you tell us what device you are using and how much space does it have?

It could be possible that you are running out of resources on this device and that is causing the freezing up...

Richj53, I am using the iPad Mini4 and I have 68GB available.
I did, however, delete some "videos" that were on the device from that app that I think were auto created but still a no go on the one I was trying to create.  I bought this Mini4 more or less just for the Mavic so I did not download too many Apps.  Just the ones I needed for flying.
2017-3-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ProQuad Posted at 2017-3-30 04:44
Richj53, I am using the iPad Mini4 and I have 68GB available.
I did, however, delete some "videos" that were on the device from that app that I think were auto created but still a no go on the one I was trying to create.  I bought this Mini4 more or less just for the Mavic so I did not download too many Apps.  Just the ones I needed for flying.

Hi PQ
So, this is the same iPad that I have been using without any issues (but ATT).  I had this happen before when the cache video file that was saved on my device was corrupted in places. If you try and edit a different video and this works without freezing, then most likely the cache video cannot be saved.  You could upload the file from the SD card and try again with a clean file.
I have found that when you have HD video stream interference, it can affect the cache video that is saved to the iPad. Most of the time, I would delete the cache files and start over. The original video from  the SD is much better quality anyway.

I hope this helps
Rich  
2017-3-30
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-30 07:21
Hi PQ
So, this is the same iPad that I have been using without any issues (but ATT).  I had this happen before when the cache video file that was saved on my device was corrupted in places. If you try and edit a different video and this works without freezing, then most likely the cache video cannot be saved.  You could upload the file from the SD card and try again with a clean file.
I have found that when you have HD video stream interference, it can affect the cache video that is saved to the iPad. Most of the time, I would delete the cache files and start over. The original video from  the SD is much better quality anyway.

Rich,

I will try this.  Thanks.
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules